• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
  • kD1Rygg.jpg

The story takes place in Huanli (the Year of Dazzling) 3015. Donatia and Kouran, two countries fighting for supremacy, are causing the world to be torn apart due to the constant war. Amidst the strife is the island country Nil Kamui, which has lost its independence. Red Dragon, the guardian god of Nil Kamui, goes out of control. Will the island country be able to regain its independence?

Chaos Dragon is based on the role-playing fiction project Red Dragon, a story which was created by five notable character designers: Gen Urobochi (Fate/Zero), Kinoko Nasu (Kara no Kyoukai), Iduki Kougyoku (Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou), Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!!), and Simadoriru (member of the Stripe Pattern doujin circle). The results of their tabletop role-playing game sessions over six days created material for a seven-volume light novel series.

Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jul 2, 2015 to Sep 17, 2015
    Producers: FUNimation EntertainmentL, Silver Link, Connect
    Genres: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural
    Duration: 24 min. per episode
    Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

TRAILERS

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Oh good!

The episodes that have been release so far were brilliant. The cast is getting kinda overcrowded with so many characters, but the director knows when and where use each character intelligently.

It's also a Seiyuu-fest of those we need once per season lol.

Winter

Years
  • Oh good!

The episodes that have been release so far were brilliant. The cast is getting kinda overcrowded with so many characters, but the director knows when and where use each character intelligently.

It's also a Seiyuu-fest of those we need once per season lol.

If they keep up the one character death per episode thing, I think the cast numbers would be fine. XD

Winter

Years
  • The latest episode was pretty interesting.
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

For what I've seen around this show is underrated. It's not exactly innovative, but it's a good story with very original characters. Let aside the seiyuu-fest lol.

Winter

Years

For what I've seen around this show is underrated. It's not exactly innovative, but it's a good story with very original characters. Let aside the seiyuu-fest lol.
    I agree. It's a quite run-of-the-mill fantasy anime, but I quite like the worldbuilding and the dragon lore. Favourite character has to be Lou thus far.

The latest episode was definitely a twist and shift in action gears. I personally found Hien's decision to be rash and unthinking, so no sympathy there. Wonder what the expedition will be directed to next.

Winter

Years
  • Truly underrated this anime is. I loved the worldbuilding, the character development of the main cast and of course, the seiyuus were brilliant. The ending was heartwarming and also brings up a few mysteries to characters such as Lou, Sweallow and the
    Spoiler:

I wished more people would've noticed this because it's a lovely fantasy war anime (and it has dragons! Who doesn't want dragons?).

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Mmmm.
    That wasn't really what I expected.

Let's say the series had a great setting and really charming characters. However the execution kinda ruined it :(, the whole thing after episode 6/7/8 started to rush towards something not really clear.

Some things I loved:
    Spoiler:

Some things I hated:
    Spoiler:

tl;dr there were few episodes for what was a very ambitious idea. They needed about 26 or 50 episodes, 12 was not enough screen time.

Back