• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indexed Item Icon Sprites for GBA (24x24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Hello! So I'll be just posting some item icon sprites for R/S/FR/LG/E hacks... The sprites here are for the "new" items from Gen. 4 games onwards and Mystery Dungeon series that might be featured by some hacks...

While making this sprites can be easy for some, there are some who, for several reasons, are unable to convert these sprites for their hack's use... These will save time for those who will be using many items from here...

Lastly, the only thing I made in these sprites is indexing them in 16-colors with background (few are resized)... So there's no reason for me to be credited...

Here they are (don't forget to read the Important Notes below):

Evolutionary Stones:
Spoiler:

Evolution-inducing Hold Items:
Spoiler:

Incenses:
Spoiler:

Fossils:
Spoiler:

Key Stones:
Spoiler:

Mega Stones from X/Y games:
Spoiler:

Mega Stones from OR/AS games:
Spoiler:

Primal Reversion Orbs:
Spoiler:

Genesect Drives:
Spoiler:

Arceus Plates:
Spoiler:

Other Forme-changing Items:
Spoiler:

Pokéballs:
Spoiler:

Apricorns:
Spoiler:

Others:
Spoiler:

Important Notes:

• Italicized are from Mystery Dungeon series...
    • Link Cable is used to evolve Pokémon that normally requires trade (e.g. Kadabra to Alakazam)...
    • Beauty Scarf is used to evolve Pokémon that normally requires Max Beauty (e.g. Feebas to Milotic)...
    • Lunar Ribbon is used to evolve Pokémon that normally requires Night Friendship (e.g. Chingling to Chimecho)...
    • Sun Ribbon is used to evolve Pokémon that normally requires Day Friendship (e.g. Riolu to Lucario)...
    • Coronet Rock is used to evolve Pokémon that normally requires Mt. Coronet level-up (e.g. Magneton to Magnezone)...
    • Frozen Rock is used to evolve Eevee into Glaceon...
    • Mossy Rock is used to evolve Eevee into Leafeon...
    • Moon Heart is used to evolve Eevee into Umbreon...
    • Sun Heart is used to evolve Eevee into Espeon...
  • The following can share the same sprite, just import the palettes for each item:
    • Genesect Plates
    • Arceus Drives
    • Apricorns
    • Beauty Scarf, Lunar Ribbon and Sun Ribbon
    • Coronet Rock, Frozen Rock and Mossy Rock
  • Fairy TM can share the same sprite as the in-game sprite for TMs...
  • X Sp.Def can share the same sprite as the in-game sprite for X items...
Will be posting the following next:

• Berries
  • Several Gen. 2, 4-6 Key Items
What else should I be posting? Any problems with the sprites?

I hope this thread will be useful...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
This is amazing! Great work. I don't know if you need but here are sprites for mega stones:
https :/ /www .dropbox. com/s/uxlyom17270ig8n/Mega%20Stones.rar?dl=0

And maybe you could post sprites of held items (black sludge, life orb, power band, etc).

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Awesome! I really needed those mega stone sprites...

Mega Stones are now posted...

This is amazing! Great work. I don't know if you need but here are sprites for mega stones:
https :/ /www .dropbox. com/s/uxlyom17270ig8n/Mega%20Stones.rar?dl=0

And maybe you could post sprites of held items (black sludge, life orb, power band, etc).

Thanks but I already have all prepared... They are now posted...

Sure, I'll add those items soon...

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
i have question im noob in inserting icons what tool should i use if ever i want it in fire red?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Trying to insert these sprites using NSE 2.1 (insert image data), but when I navigate back to the image offset it's all messed up?
How do I correctly insert these sprites using NSE?

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
Nice work! But sadly for the ds hackers out there who wants to add a link cable coronet rock etc. You need to make them bigger, and a a palette file for every single one :(

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Trying to insert these sprites using NSE 2.1 (insert image data), but when I navigate back to the image offset it's all messed up?
How do I correctly insert these sprites using NSE?

I'm not really sure how to fix your problem, but did you properly insert the sprite? There are many tutorials around... Though just to make sure, insert the image and the sprite separately...

Nice work! But sadly for the ds hackers out there who wants to add a link cable coronet rock etc. You need to make them bigger, and a a palette file for every single one :(

I'm not sure if I can do that as I haven't tried resizing a sprite to a larger size... Though that would be great for a support for Gen. 4-6 games (not my priority for now, I'll focus with some "in-demand" items first)... About the palette file, you can import only the palette of each sprites without importing the image...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Never mind.......it seems that you have to insert the item sprites as compressed image data.

The items are fine, now.

Thanks for the resource.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
dark when i insert mega bracelet in unlz gba it says that the sprite is too big "88" idk why sometimes when i insert other sprites it doubles the images.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
dark when i insert mega bracelet in unlz gba it says that the sprite is too big "88" idk why sometimes when i insert other sprites it doubles the images.

I assume that it's your first time inserting sprites... You need to find a free space with the size given (in your case: 88)... You should insert the image or the palette separately, not together at once for better results... There are tutorials for sprite insertion in this forum though...

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I assume that it's your first time inserting sprites... You need to find a free space with the size given (in your case: 88)... You should insert the image or the palette separately, not together at once for better results... There are tutorials for sprite insertion in this forum though...

ty dark i insert already, btw do you have any mega blaziken sprites for now?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
ty dark i insert already, btw do you have any mega blaziken sprites for now?

Sorry, I don't have one... Though there's someone who posted a Mega Blaziken spritesheet in MrDS' thread but not in "proper" style... But I think it can be a nice placeholder...

By the way, I think I should also compile some ME spritesheet placeholders for a limited time (until a "proper" spritesheet will be posted) here?

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Sorry, I don't have one... Though there's someone who posted a Mega Blaziken spritesheet in MrDS' thread but not in "proper" style... But I think it can be a nice placeholder...

By the way, I think I should also compile some ME spritesheet placeholders for a limited time (until a "proper" spritesheet will be posted) here?

yes yes it can be helped, good job on your qc for providing us :D

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Though I think those placeholders should be posted in another thread... I'll try to come up with a solution before posting them... But most probably not in this thread...

oh! okay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back