• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Most Memorable Capture!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hello everybody, here's hoping you're having a wonderful Friday and enjoy your Saturday. C: Today I bring you one question (in this thread, at least): What's the coolest thing you've caught in the games? Maybe a shiny? Or a Pokemon ten levels higher than you usually find? Something rare or something with a good ability? Think back, and tell me: what's your most memorable capture?

Diiiisssscccuuusss! :)

Years
  • My most memorable capture(s) was probably the 'Musketeer' trio, hunting them down was kinda tricky and it was really rewarding to finally catch them all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I have quite a few memorable captures, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Aramis...

I really, really, really wanted a shiny Virizion. So, I started SR'ing for one. It took me months. Granted, it was rather off-and-on, as I sometimes left to do other things in-game and came back later, or just took breaks playing altogether, but still. I didn't even have the Shiny Charm. But finally, who knows how many months later, I was sitting on my bed with the TV on and there he was. I screamed, I scared my cat, I apologized to my cat, and I chucked a Master Ball at him. Thankfully my Synchronizer had worked, and I caught my beloved Jolly Aramis <3 knock on wood

8uCCgG9.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    To be honest, i haven't come across many cool things. The only shiny i've caught in Gen 5 was a pink Ducklett i called Zac Efron.

That's still a good thing! How did the battle go?? Was it easy to catch?

I have quite a few memorable captures, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Aramis...

I really, really, really wanted a shiny Virizion. So, I started SR'ing for one. It took me months. Granted, it was rather off-and-on, as I sometimes left to do other things in-game and came back later, or just took breaks playing altogether, but still. I didn't even have the Shiny Charm. But finally, who knows how many months later, I was sitting on my bed with the TV on and there he was. I screamed, I scared my cat, I apologized to my cat, and I chucked a Master Ball at him. Thankfully my Synchronizer had worked, and I caught my beloved Jolly Aramis <3 knock on wood

8uCCgG9.png

Lol you're lucky you didn't catch your cat. It's such a cool shiny though, one of Unova's best I'd say. Congrats!!

Zekrom no contest

also, thank you for the Zekrom.

Why was it memorable??

My most memorable capture(s) was probably the 'Musketeer' trio, hunting them down was kinda tricky and it was really rewarding to finally catch them all.

Which was the hardest to catch of the three? :)

Vragon

I remember the setting (and since I had only played Platinum and SoulSilver prior) this was something new. I was half expecting to fight N, but I wasn't expecting the events that came after. And when N's Reshiram came out I was like "Where is my guy? I'm screwed if he doesn't come". And thank goodness he did (and I didn't have a glitched copy).

Upon fighting him, I literally listened to the track twice before making a move. When my head got out of the clouds, I tapped the Master Ball and freaked out over a master ball (pfft I was a noob). It wasn't my hardest catch oh no, it was most memorable, because that was when I really got into the series and where I found my favorite legendary. (Still my Fav!!!!)

zekrom_v_2_by_xous54-d35s3pw.png

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Aha, I think it was an Audino. Only because from the times battling Audino, I always forget that I would prefer to capture one for the Dex? But yeah. Oh, and also some of N's pokemon from B2W2~ Those are easy to remember. ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    When I caught my second shiny bannette. I was like,"How can I find two of the exact same shiny?" But i have really good luck with odds. I one time was trapped in a loop of double paralysis and no one moved for 50 turns.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • A Shiny Duosion in White 2. I was EV training my Gardevoir on Route 9 when a wild Duosion appeared. I did not see the sparkles or hear the shiny sound as I had the sound down. I noticed that he looked somewhat bluer than a usual Duosion.

I put it to sleep with my Gardevoir and started tossing balls as I knew if I was to attack it with my Gardevoir the Duosion would likely faint. After three more hypnosis I caught him with a Timer Ball.

It has a Hardy Nature and the excellent Magic Guard ability and very good IVs for a random Shiny. It was my first ever 1/8096 shiny. I really like the blue colour of Shiny Reuniclus.

He helped me win the PWT Battle Tournament (Defeating Blue in the Final) and will soon be transferred and bottle capped to Gen 7.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I remember the setting (and since I had only played Platinum and SoulSilver prior) this was something new. I was half expecting to fight N, but I wasn't expecting the events that came after. And when N's Reshiram came out I was like "Where is my guy? I'm screwed if he doesn't come". And thank goodness he did (and I didn't have a glitched copy).

Upon fighting him, I literally listened to the track twice before making a move. When my head got out of the clouds, I tapped the Master Ball and freaked out over a master ball (pfft I was a noob). It wasn't my hardest catch oh no, it was most memorable, because that was when I really got into the series and where I found my favorite legendary. (Still my Fav!!!!)

zekrom_v_2_by_xous54-d35s3pw.png
    Lmao that's awesome but... you didn't need a master ball! :( Zekrom was so easy to catch. But that's OK it makes it look even prettier.

When I caught my second shiny bannette. I was like,"How can I find two of the exact same shiny?" But i have really good luck with odds. I one time was trapped in a loop of double paralysis and no one moved for 50 turns.
    That's cool :) Which one was hardest to catch out of the two shinies?
    A Shiny Duosion in White 2. I was EV training my Gardevoir on Route 9 when a wild Duosion appeared. I did not see the sparkles or hear the shiny sound as I had the sound down. I noticed that he looked somewhat bluer than a usual Duosion.

I put it to sleep with my Gardevoir and started tossing balls as I knew if I was to attack it with my Gardevoir the Duosion would likely faint. After three more hypnosis I caught him with a Timer Ball.

It has a Hardy Nature and the excellent Magic Guard ability and very good IVs for a random Shiny. It was my first ever 1/8096 shiny. I really like the blue colour of Shiny Reuniclus.

He helped me win the PWT Battle Tournament (Defeating Blue in the Final) and will soon be transferred and bottle capped to Gen 7.

Awesome :) Lucky you sort of paid attention or else that would have been a sad shiny story :( Lucky you had Gardevoir as first imo!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Neither was hard to catch. I have a routine for catching: Quick Ball Pokeball TImerball. I quick balled both of them and they where caught. I was thinking about sending at least on of them to ORAS since I still hadn't picked up Moon.

User19sq

Black 2: a double-battle against a Cottonee and a Ratatta, the later shiny. Had to defeat Cottonee, and threw a Poke Ball at Ratatta at full health. Male, and Adamant. I currently have it in my copy of Sun, and have no idea what to do with it. XD

Starpire

King of Crystal Styx
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Sandile just messing around one day. I've since lost him.
    Rest in peace, Ghettoblaster.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2019
    I caught an Emolga, and it was my first encounter past Nimbasa. I thought it was a lucky find, since it was Electric/Flying. Kinda wish Emolga could evolve, then it would've been a lot better.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • A Litwick in my Black 1 Nuzlocke. Was it shiny? Nawp. But I caught it just as soon as my Darumaka got its ass handed to by a wild Zebstrika, and so I needed a Fire type to take its place. And the Litwick proceeded to evolve and become one of or if not my best team member of that run. It's memorable just because of that.

Back