• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Dual Screen System

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Please I only want a mouse system, what I need to do?
    I copy the CGN´s script and the example code of pokedex, but I get an error. -.-"

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    Hi there!

First, sorry about my English, coz I'm Spanish...
    I'm trying to put de Mouse Input (the Dual Screen works perfectly) but I'm getting some doubts about it.
    Where do I put this?:

Mouse.update
    $mouse.x = Mouse.pos_x
    $mouse.y = Mouse.pos_y

I know I have to put it in the scripts that have pbUptade (like PokemonArea maybe?) but I don't know what are them exactly. So, the cursor seems to be under the game's window.
    About this problem:

uninitialized constant Mouse

I solved it inserting the "MouseInput" script above PokemonMenu, otherwise I got the same error because I put the coordenates in PokemonMenu for displaying the Pokédex clicking with the mouse.

Thanks for all, and sorry another time about my English! ^^Û

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • can u help out with the Mouse Moduel, I am still tring to learn RRSG

My mouse stays In one place after it finish fully loading

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • The script is amazing the only problem is this! (please see attachment) The cusror does not move!

Years
  • Did you guys read the note above the mouse module?
    It's only really of use if you're a scripter and can edit it into the existing scripts.

Sorry :L

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • I had a PHP and JAVA coder try to help me and even he didnt know how, it seems that this might be a faulty thing for the mouse

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Did you guys read the note above the mouse module?
    It's only really of use if you're a scripter and can edit it into the existing scripts.

Sorry :L

At least help people trying to learn Ruby, like a little more noob friendly. I have previous scripting knowledge from other scripting language, but can u help me with it I am trying to learn Ruby, I am sure, I can learn how to do it myself after learning a few lines or so.

I had a PHP and JAVA coder try to help me and even he didnt know how, it seems that this might be a faulty thing for the mouse

Were not building websites, this is Ruby.

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • You have to be an advanced scripter then to use the mouse module.

Here's some tutorials i wrote for you to start with:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191303

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191304

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191305

Didn't Wichu say that RMXP already has its own Mouse Module, I think i seen it in the Animation editor, so is it suppose to be in the same script as that? if im correct isnt it the PokemonAnimEditor?

I read through those u got any other useful ones?

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • I found 2 starter kits and they had a mouse script and a dual screen script i am going to develope from there!

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • Only is it is ok with CNG then yes, but I am still having major malfunctions with this script :(

Years
  • Sure you can post links, but i think you're talking about 'PSP DS' or Pokemon Script Project DS.

Anywhoo, unless you translate it from french it's pretty useless to the english speakers :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I've been trying to translate that starter kit (as I'm doing french GCSE).
    Although some parts of the translating inside scripts is annoying xD.
    I'm likely to make a build of instructions to help out people who are new to RGSS for this within my free time.

Back