• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 8] Pokemon Shining Pearl Shiny Route Challenge

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Hi hi! First of all welcome to this little thread, which is to log this particular challenge that may take months or possibly a few years. If you're asking yourself why that might be then a quick explanation to what this challenge entails. If you haven't seen any of HamsterBombs videos about the cute charm glitch and his playthroughs, then I suggest going there to get possibly a better explanation if things don't make sense. Though a quick rundown if you haven't or are familiar with this challenge then, this challenge is a route by route basis. Where I have to get every shiny on the certain route in order to progress in the game. So that means I can either be really lucky on the first route and get all the targets within a few hours or very unlucky and not get one till a few days or a week later. As to why I'm doing this, just a sort of fun way to play and challenge the game I suppose. So yeah, if this interests you and would like to see updates and anything like that then I'll be sure to post here when I meet targets, find shinies, and log the different routes as finished and not finished! But, for now I leave this thread with no shinies till I find my first target, Turtwig! So until then, I wish everyone a good, great, amazing day and see everyone later!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    So.....I wasn't expecting to update this today, however we already got our first target! The one and only....Kiwi the Turtwig! Honestly I was shocked at how fast and way under odds I got this little guy, at only 51 resets, but I'm happy to have him as this puts a positive foot forward to this challenge!

turtwig.png

Ability:
    ~+~Overgrowth~+~

Stats and Nature
    HP: 28
    Attack: 14
    Special Attack: 13
    Defense: 16
    Special Defense: 14
    Speed: 10
    Nature: Modest

https://youtu.be/EfFqHWf7NgQ (Tried using the Youtube brackets, but it wasn't cooperating so going to figure out a different time ^^")

Now onto the next portion of this challenge, Route 201, our targets are set on Starly and Bidoof! So I do hope that I can gain these fairly quickly, but if I don't then I won't complain as Turtwig had come very early. But, yeah....till I gain another shiny, this is all I have to report for now! See you all on the next posting!

(Also.....just going to post my twitch here as I am shiny hunting over there, course if this is against guide lines or I am asked to remove it then I will remove it, but yeah https://www.twitch.tv/silverseams)​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Good luck! I was thinking about doing something similar. My plan was to finish Professor Oak's Challenge, but with shiny Pokémon. But I'm not still sure if I'll get BDSP or if I'll do it on another game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Ah thanks! And yeah I do recommend doing it just for a challenge and for the fun of it. Though as I'm doing this, I'm also working on the one in Alpha Sapphire I started a while back. And for the game choice, I recommend doing it in a game that you remember very well, cause the reason for doing it in BDSP is cause I remembered most of it and felt like I was speed running the game, so I did this challenge to slow down and enjoy what the game has to offer ^w^

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Well hello hello! I am here to report we are one Pokemon away from moving on from Route 201, as we have recently encountered and captured a new member for this collection! That member being.... Bi-Doofus the Bidoof! He graced us with his presence after 1783 random encounters! Which was amazing and totally unexpected as I was hunkered down to go through a long hunt, but surprise surprise, Bi-Doofus came under odds! Which I will not complain about, however with each Pokemon I gain, that might be under odds, I fear more and more that fate will take course and cause a month long hunt or creating a Pokemon that will surpass the shiny odds. Though I shall not fancy the idea as we are still at the very beginning, if I would like to cause worry within my mind, I'll create my own nightmares by reminding myself that the next route has a 10% Kricketot, which I will surely phase multiple times on. But, we of course have to find our beloved Rotisserie the Starly, a Starly that has escaped the Thanksgiving oven and is exploring the wilderness, cold and alone, waiting for the day that it will be found and loved again. When the day it will be found, no one knows, as many have never seen it since the day it had escaped.

Now then, enough story time, let us go over Bi-Doofus' stats!

bidoof.png

Ability:
    ~+~Unaware~+~

Stats and Nature
    HP: 14
    Attack:5
    Special Attack:6
    Defense:7
    Special Defense:7
    Speed:6
    Nature: Bold

Anyhow, we will now go for Rotisserie the Starly so until then, this is Pok3pals signing out!
    https://youtu.be/WP-LaQcHCmM

Last edited:
    Back