• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changes to Kalos

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
  • So one of the theories/expectations for Sun/Moon is that it will serve as a Johto-styled sequel to XY. In Gen II, after beating Johto's storyline, we traveled back to Kanto three years after the events of Gen I. There were many changes due to both RBY's story and the time difference ranging from NPCs living somewhere differently to Gym Leaders being changed.

If we do get to revisit Kalos, what kind of changes do you hope to see to the region?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I'm going to be honest here. I think that, aside from pacing issues and the linearity, Kalos as a region was pretty good. I can't think of any one thing I would do to improve the region, unless it's the only region in these games, in which case I would want to see a Battle Frontier/Pokemon World Tournament equivalent.

pkmin3033

Wouldn't it be interesting if one of the regions was locked into eternal day or night? I suppose it'd depend on the version you were playing, but I'd love it if Kalos was locked into one or the other because of the mascot Legendary. Eternal night might sound more interesting, but if it's been THREE YEARS without night...well, imagine it. They could turn Kalos into Fallout; a blasted landscape with a few survivors on the fringe, living amongst the remnants of the once-grand cities like Lumiose.

I doubt it'll be anything that drastic. But it'd be fun to explore that kind of change!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can see Ramos retiring and being replaced by someone new. Perhaps Diantha will also retire or go on a journey, feeling that she was useless in the whole stopping Team Flare plot (she was). The champion will be the XY player who will be the opposite sex that you pick for SM.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I can see Ramos retiring and being replaced by someone new. Perhaps Diantha will also retire or go on a journey, feeling that she was useless in the whole stopping Team Flare plot (she was). The champion will be the XY player who will be the opposite sex that you pick for SM.

I wish we have developments regrading Kalos, it has so much potential.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • As do I. Perhaps Malva will also leave the E4, or maybe she'll surprise by becoming the champion.
    That would be a decent twist if Team Flare makes a comeback and she becomes the new leader. Besides her, have we had a Pokemon League-affiliated character be part of the villainous team since Giovanni? If the leader of the team is also Champion, that'd be a good twist.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wouldn't it be interesting if one of the regions was locked into eternal day or night? I suppose it'd depend on the version you were playing, but I'd love it if Kalos was locked into one or the other because of the mascot Legendary. Eternal night might sound more interesting, but if it's been THREE YEARS without night...well, imagine it. They could turn Kalos into Fallout; a blasted landscape with a few survivors on the fringe, living amongst the remnants of the once-grand cities like Lumiose.

I doubt it'll be anything that drastic. But it'd be fun to explore that kind of change!

I love the idea of Kalos only experiencing it. I've always enjoyed when things are wrecked in-game, it always makes everything a lot more exciting. The bigger question is more how can we leave Kalos suffering while we explore our own region. With that in mind I think it would only be for a short time period though.

You could be like Link and suddenly trapped in time (in this case just after E4) until the future comes and you need to be unlocked as an adult to save it. I mean Pokemon COULD pull that if they brought in a super crazy eclipse. Like Ghetsis was gonna kill you in Unova so... yeah.

That'd be awesome to come back to Kalos and see it suffering like that and slowly journey through, saving it. :')

Zet

Years
  • It could be very well possible. Some theories going around support that Sun and Moon will take place in Southern Kalos with the Hawaiian themes. So exploring the Kalos we experienced in X&Y might be possible.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • It's definitely a possibility considering Kalos was left more or less unfinished. Plus in the Direct, they did say that this game would "tie [all the previous games] together". It could just be marketing speak that doesn't actually mean anything, but it is the 20th anniversary, so going back to Kalos would be great to be able to do.

pkmin3033

With soaring in the sky a thing in ORAS, I wonder if we'll be able to traverse Pokearth in a similar fashion? Think of an airship in the earlier FF games or something; cruising around and landing wherever we want. It seems highly unlikely, because every region would need to be explorable if that was the case - unless they wanted to set up some invisible barriers blocking us from going places, anyway - but it'd be a pretty cool feature, and a great way to see how the region had changed...perhaps a way to track progress if it needed to be rebuilt after some sort of calamity?

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • I like the fact that we played through Unova in a different direction during B2W2. I'm hoping we'll see Kalos that way too. It casts an interesting new light on the same geography. I also agree with the opinion that Kalos had the most one-dimensional Gym Leaders of all regions. This is a prime opportunity for GameFreak to turn these NPCs into more rounded characters - give them some history!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd just like to see new areas of Kalos rather than existing areas remodelled. There is a large part of the Region to the South that was unexplored, perhaps they could utilize that free space and introduce some new Towns. This is all assuming we do go back to Kalos and I'd like to think we can in Sun & Moon. 8)

Back