• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon: Lost in Time

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023

Pokemon: Lost in Time
(The game title is a WIP, so don't come at me if there's already a game with that name. Actually, wait, do come at me. Gives me even more reason to change it.)

Plot Summary

It's been a day like any other, as your mother sends you off to get some groceries for you from the next town over. What seems to be a simple errand turns into a much longer journey home, as you accidentially cross path with a Celebi being chased by a gang of criminals. By choice or by chance, it transports both of you back in time, before continuing to flee from its pursuers.

That leaves you trapped in an era you're only slightly familar with, forced to recruit several companions to help you track down Celebi, or find another way to travel back home and finally get those groceries to your mother before she get's angry at you. But while on your way, you notice that gears start turning around you that might change your adventure into something even bigger than what it seemed at the start.

About

This is my second game after Pokemon Rising Earth. While Rising Earth was the most paint-by-numbers game I could do (which I wanted to do that way to familiarize with RMXP and Essentials), for Lost in Time I went ahead and decided to just strip down the Pokemon game formular to the bare minimum. No Gyms, no Pokedex challenge, no Professor, no Mom waiting at home and... yeah, I think that's all.

Don't expect me to be reinventing the wheel here (with all the fangames that exist there's pretty certainly someone who has done something similar to this). Just like Rising Earth, this game has no groundbreaking new features or some dazzling special effects, but I still hope it's a nice change of scenery and just a good time throughout.

I should mention this is my first time releasing a demo for a game where it's actually cut half-way through (well not quite, but I'll get to that) since Rising Earth had it's full main story when I released the first version, so I don't really know if that works well with the narrative I'm trying to put into the game so... well idk, here we are. This is also the only point in the game where I can logically cut and make a beta, so this will be the only release before the full version comes out (whenever that will be).

Features
  • All Pokemon from Generation 1 to 8 are included (no Legends Arceus though)​
  • New Region to explore​
  • Level scaling is based around the EXP All (so it's effectively a 90° angle in some points of the game)​
  • Mega Evolution will be available in the full game, but is not in the beta. (kinda)​
  • The Game uses the TM and TR system from Sword/Shield.​
  • HM Items​
  • The Pocket Dimension: An always available hub for utilities (Grinding, Move Reminder, Name Rater, etc.)​
  • The Karma System: Influence your Karma through making good or bad choices. Your Karma affects your game in several ways.​
  • The Game is broken down into eight chapters, four of which are available in the beta.​
  • Currently provides about 3-4 hours of gameplay (or less, depending on how liberally you use the Speed-Up feature.)​
  • Oh yes, press the Q button to speed up the game.​
Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Used Tools
Spoiler:

Download

Beta Download here
Alternative (mediafire) Link here

Bugs
  • There is a small chance that some moves cause issues in battle, mostly when combined with the Speed-Up feature. Be on the lookout and save often!​
  • Sometimes during a cutscene a graphic that should disappear from the screen doesn't disappear and instead stays 'overlayed' on the screen. Simply entering a different map or opening a full-screen menu fixes this problem (sometimes it's a little confusing with the cutscene though).​
Please report any issues you might encounter either in this thread or on my Discord Server.​

Last edited:
Years
This game is so amazing! I love the story and all, I got to the forest and restored two tombstones, but got a little confused as to what to do next. The fog makes it a little hard to see as it should. I can NOT wait for the full release as this game has my heart!!!!!

Beautiful game!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
This game is so amazing! I love the story and all, I got to the forest and restored two tombstones, but got a little confused as to what to do next. The fog makes it a little hard to see as it should. I can NOT wait for the full release as this game has my heart!!!!!

Beautiful game!

Thanks a lot!

The only objective in the forest is to come out the other end. The tombstones only turn off the Shedinja that are supposed to prevent you from doing so, so you do technically don't have to touch a single one of those.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
not sure if this was mentioned or not but the game popped up an error during the battle with slackjaw in chapter 1 and then the game proceeded to crash right after, i didnt notice what the error was tho :/ if it pops up again ill see if i can grab a pic of it if itll help solve the issue should there be one

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
not sure if this was mentioned or not but the game popped up an error during the battle with slackjaw in chapter 1 and then the game proceeded to crash right after, i didnt notice what the error was tho :/ if it pops up again ill see if i can grab a pic of it if itll help solve the issue should there be one

There's always a small chance that a move can cause an error during Battle, so I kinda just give everyone the advice to save often. Where you using the speed-up? Because that sometimes amplifies that.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
There's always a small chance that a move can cause an error during Battle, so I kinda just give everyone the advice to save often. Where you using the speed-up? Because that sometimes amplifies that.

yea i was using the speedup option, ill try that battle again later today as i havent had the time to try and replicate it since and ill do it without speedup to see what happens

EDIT: so i tried the battle again without speedup and the crash and just for the sake of science i tried again with speedup and it didnt crash either, could it perhaps have been because when the crash occured i only had 1 mon going into the battle instead of 2+ causing some possible shenanigans there?

its also worth noting it happened originally when the ralts tried to take a second turn but this time it didnt even survive long enough to take its 1st turn so idk if that may have some factor in it or not

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
yea i was using the speedup option, ill try that battle again later today as i havent had the time to try and replicate it since and ill do it without speedup to see what happens

EDIT: so i tried the battle again without speedup and the crash and just for the sake of science i tried again with speedup and it didnt crash either, could it perhaps have been because when the crash occured i only had 1 mon going into the battle instead of 2+ causing some possible shenanigans there?

its also worth noting it happened originally when the ralts tried to take a second turn but this time it didnt even survive long enough to take its 1st turn so idk if that may have some factor in it or not

The thing is that this bug is not really replicable, from what I've gathered it just happens randomly. Sometimes it causes a crash, sometimes it just skips the move and the game goes on as normal, etc. It's very unpredictable, which is why I haven't been able to do anything about it.

But thanks for committing to science to try and help me solve it.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
well after having finished the current demo i gotta admit its pretty good, also i loved that cheeky stein's gate reference in chapter 2, i wonder how many others caught onto it, excited to see what comes next for sure

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
it looks nice, waiting for the full game. hope you all the best for finishing this game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I didn't realize you were making another game I really liked rising earth. Is this still being worked on?

Back