• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen do not take our emblem as your trophy!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hitmonlee is actually pretty great. I never quite enjoyed Hitmonchan's moveset with the elemental punches, but Hitmonlee was a joy to use. Plus, it looks really cool.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I picked Hitmonchan the first time I ever played LeafGreen as I preferred his design, but Hitmonlee has grown on me over time - "Bruce" in my last play through was a beast.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • As for me, I think originally I picked Hitmonchan, but never once in a playthrough have I used either of them. In later playthroughs I'm pretty sure I didn't even bother getting either. I should really try to actually make use of them sometime, but I so rarely bother with pure Fighting-types.
    I used my starter, eevee, hitmonlee, lapras, omanyte, and aerodactyl.
    Neat! I'll have to try that sometime!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I used my starter, eevee, hitmonlee, lapras, omanyte, and aerodactyl.

So...you just made me realise I almost accidentally did this - just instead of Omanyte I had Mimien (A traded Mr. Mime). Man, Kanto has the best gift pokémon.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    First time playing I picked Hitmonchan and used it for a bit. It's now sitting in my Diamond box.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
    Years
  • Hitmonchan. Unfortunately for him though, I didn't see any use in a Fighting-type when one of the upcoming Gyms was Psychic. And even if I did, I had a Machoke at the time. Besides, if I'm going to use any Hitmon, it's probably going to be Hitmontop. But, with that said, Hitmonchan is my favorite out of the original two, and he's got some decent coverage with the elemental punches. He just came in too little, too late.

Back