• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Should they bring the Battle Frontier back?

Years
  • yeah i have zero hope of battle frontier making a return. maybe there can be something in the future that carries the spirit of the battle frontier, but any chances of the facilities themselves making a return imo are slim to none

heck i'd even settle for a rehash of the PWT because that was cool, but battle maison/battle tower clones are getting kinda old...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'd love for it to return but if Game Freak is not capable of including all Pokémon in the game despite them all being highly future-proofed I can't imagine them adding something that would require such a hefty amount of programming and incredible amount of time to balance. Not to mention it would sting just a bit if the game they finally bring the Frontier back is the same one that you can't transfer over your carefully-bred and trained competitive teams. Even if competitive breeding is made easier, it wouldn't be very fun, at least for me, to have to make all-new Battle Tower teams each and every game, and then teams for the other Frontier facilities, too, when I have perfectly capable teams stuck waiting in Bank.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
    Years
  • Not at all a high priority for me, I never did much with the Battle Frontier, but something to actually do in the post game would be nice. Of course, potentially not being able to bring all of my Pokemon over entirely defeats the purpose of it, considering the Battle Frontiers of old used every Pokemon imaginable including legends. I think I'll settle for exploring the Wild Area.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Not bothered. Battling isn't my thing. I played a little bit of the Battle Frontier in DPPt, and got bored after 3 battles. Hardly ever used post-game battle facilities in any game actually. Battle Tree, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, Battle Institute.....never set foot in any of them, so I highly doubt I'll give a damn in these games.

Give me more missions, exploration and catching to do. E.g. The Delta Episode in ORAS, or the Sevii Islands in FRLG, or the Looker missions in XY. That kind of thing interests me. Endless, robotic, tedious battles with NPCs for hours on end is not fun.

Years
  • I doubt it would be included but it would be nice if they did include it, I never really bothered with it before, when I was younger I always found them too hard for me but I did like the ones where you rented Pokémon as I got to use Pokémon I would never normally use. Hopefully if they aren't in SwSh they will be in the third version/sequel/ultra versions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I only want it back because I was like a dumb preteen during Emerald/Platinum and never appreciated it. Emerald I sucked at Pokemon so bad I kept losing in the Frontier that I never bothered to touch it in Platinum.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I never used it much in the games it was in (same for the Battle Tower and clones), but there's no reason for not wanting it back, it's just even more post-game content and given the lack of the National Dex I'm already not expecting SwSh to have much post-game content as there won't be areas like the Sevii islands, the Battle Zone, or the latter half of Unova where to catch other Pokémon. But it's Game Freak, so most likely there will only be yet another Battle Tower clone for the majority of the post-game.

Years
  • I would love it if they did bring back some of the unique battle modes introduced in the battle frontier, however, I was never much of a fan of the way it was implemented after Emerald; and thus haven't done it since my last Emerald play-through some odd 4 years now. I'd love to see it implemented in SwSh; but I doubt it will. Nintendo seems geared towards that younger audience lately and as a result they seem to be forgetting that most of the original fans would prefer at the very least an optional challenge/difficulty.

Back