• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little Scared

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2017
    Hi, my name is Evan, and I just got my first Nintendo 3ds for Christmas. I just heard a bit about Nintendo switch, and I'm a little worried. I only got it for pokemon. I'm worried that they won't be making pokemon games on the 3ds anymore, and I'm thinking that I might have wasted my money. Is Nintendo switch going to make all the games for now on, or is it the 3ds? PLZ say it's the 3ds

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2017
    dang it. I spent so much time trying to get that :(

maybe it'll be a game console with another version of the 3ds games?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • dang it. I spent so much time trying to get that :(

Well I'm sure there won't be any new pokemon games for some months to even a year and a half.

The 3 main pokemon games on the 3ds are XY, ORAS (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire), and SM (Sun and Moon)

I'm pretty sure there will be one more game on the 3ds since every generation has had at least 2 main games. (Excluding gen 1 and 2)

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I heard that Game Freak announced that they would be making Pokemon games for the Switch. Not sure if those are main series or spin offs.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think we'll probably get at least another pair of games for the 3DS (pleeeease Sinnoh remakes) and probably just get Pokémon spinoffs for the switch, at least for the next few years. Whether the franchise will eventually migrate completely, I have no idea.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 3DS will coexist alongside the Switch so I wouldn't worry about support and production being cut for the 3DS anytime soon. As for Pokémon games on the Switch, there was a rumour that we'd be getting one this year, but there was also a comment made by the directors of Pokémon saying how they want to see how the Switch fares in the first few months before thinking about making Pokémon games for the console. There will be Pokémon games for the Switch, but I still think the 3DS will have at least one more set of games to wrap up gen VII.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    idk if i'd call it a waste. The 3DS can play Pokemon games all the way back to Gen 4, so you have a fair few older titles to do as well as the most recent one.

unless you....already have played those on a DS or something =/

there may be other non-Pokemon games worth looking at too

Years
  • I mean one day the franchise might migrate, but Nintendo knows a huge amount of its fanbase probably won't end up buying the Switch straight away (it comes out in March and many kids won't be able to get it until Christmas or something) so I definitely think we'll get another couple of sets of games for the 3DS - hopefully taking us up to the Sinnoh remakes.

Back