• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Looking at things from a fresh perspective.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I'm rather new here, and I'd love to find an RP I can get into, but unfortunately, the options for me are limited. I found only two active Pokemon-focused RPs, and neither of them had what I was looking for, and to make things worse, I have no ability to GM.
    So my question is, are there any GMs interested in a Pokemon-focused roleplay where one can play as a pokemon? Preferably in the setting of the mainline games/anime, though mystery dungeon is also acceptable, there could also be options to play as trainers or have the pokemon be trained, but that would be up to the GM that takes this idea.
    Thank you for taking the time to consider this, and have a wonderful day, whenever you're reading.

Years
  • I'm rather new here, and I'd love to find an RP I can get into, but unfortunately, the options for me are limited. I found only two active Pokemon-focused RPs, and neither of them had what I was looking for, and to make things worse, I have no ability to GM.
    So my question is, are there any GMs interested in a Pokemon-focused roleplay where one can play as a pokemon? Preferably in the setting of the mainline games/anime, though mystery dungeon is also acceptable, there could also be options to play as trainers or have the pokemon be trained, but that would be up to the GM that takes this idea.
    Thank you for taking the time to consider this, and have a wonderful day, whenever you're reading.

RPs where you play as the Pokemon are fairly popular and have been quite successful in the past. All you need is a good plot/setting. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    Well that's good to know, but as I said, I have no ability to GM, so I guess I'm just wondering if anyone is up to the task?

Years
  • Well that's good to know, but as I said, I have no ability to GM, so I guess I'm just wondering if anyone is up to the task?

I'm not really up to it myself right now. At least, not until I get more comfortable with the three RPs I already GM and the ones I'm participating in. Maybe later though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It depends on creating a good plot and a setting! I have some experience roleplaying as a Pokemon and it's pretty fun. Do you have any idea of what you are thinking of doing exactly?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I think people misunderstood the point of this, I can't GM to save my life, I don't want to GM, I just want to play something with this with whoever else is willing to run it.

Years
  • I think people misunderstood the point of this, I can't GM to save my life, I don't want to GM, I just want to play something with this with whoever else is willing to run it.

I mean, you can't really make people GM an RP just because you want to be in one like it. If you aren't willing to create and run it yourself, you'll probably just have to wait until someone comes along and makes an RP that's to your tastes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I feel like I made a critical error somewhere along the way, I was just trying to ask if a GM would want to take this idea and run with it, I don't intend to "force" anyone and I'm happy to wait.

Years
  • I feel like I made a critical error somewhere along the way, I was just trying to ask if a GM would want to take this idea and run with it, I don't intend to "force" anyone and I'm happy to wait.

Nah, you're fine. I just wanted to be clear that you can't really expect much of request threads like these. :)

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Sadly you've gotta just wait and see, PMD RPs are pretty popular, they pop in and out all the time. I was GMing one but a combination of irl stuff an inactive players took that down not to long ago sadly.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I was just trying to ask if a GM would want to take this idea and run with it.
    This is all well and good, but what you've provided in the top post here isn't an idea so much as a very general (vague) setting. You want to play as a Pokemon either in a setting where humans exist (but are only NPCs), or a PMD setting. I hear ya, I want that too. And it's great to hear what roleplayers are hankering for. But I guess my point is this is less "an idea a GM can pick up and run with" and more of a setting with no details.

And there's nothing wrong with that, either, I suppose. I think some GMs would rather come up with their own story than pick up someone else's ideas. It just came off as vague, is all!

For what it's worth, I'm working on several ideas that feature Pokemon protagonists. I'm just being rather slow because I've never GMed before and want to be well prepared. Something to look forward to, but not hold your breath for. :3

I found only two active Pokemon-focused RPs, and neither of them had what I was looking for
    Why don't you mention what it is that those RPs didn't have (that you wanted) or did have (that you don't want)?

Back