• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo WFC?

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
Years
  • I have tried in the past to connect to WFC on my DSi, and the standard connection works so i can use Google and the eShop, but you need a different connection for DPPt, and my router dosn't use WEP key, and uses WPA instead, is there any way around that?

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • I am not sure if this helps, but you could always use a Nintendo WFC server. Kaeru is my favorite, as it works pretty efficient, is VERY safe, and it works for DPPt for me (at least surely Platinum).

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • I believe so. I have a WPA2 router, so I believe a regular WPA would work. It does state that there are a few games that work with WPA/WPA2 routers, and I've tried and had success with Platinum. However, the other two (Diamond and Pearl) I am not sure about.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Ah, thats unfortunate. Kaeru isn't the only server though. If you wanted to connect with Diamond or Pearl, there is most likely a WFC server out there.

The only downside of these servers is that there a few that are potentially dangerous to your computer, but you should be able to differentiate those from the legit ones so you should be fine. (Like don't click the big green button that says download.)

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I had the same problem, my router was WPA and the game (Pearl version in this case) asked for a WEP. That's why I only started playing online from Gen 5

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Guess that somewhat answers the question, in that Kaeru would only work for Platinum. If it doesn't work for Pearl, Diamond is more than likely out of the question.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I am not sure if this helps, but you could always use a Nintendo WFC server. Kaeru is my favorite, as it works pretty efficient, is VERY safe, and it works for DPPt for me (at least surely Platinum).

Do you use DS, DSLite, DSi? I tried to get on the WFC with - I believe - HeartGold and couldn't get it to work, pretty sure I have a WPA2 router like mentioned above, so I'm wondering if its the console.

Back