• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

sushi ????

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years
  • Sushi is what they serve in heaven. It was given to us by the Gods, and surpasses all of the other mere mortal foods.

My sushi options have become more limited ever since I went vegetarian. You can never go wrong with an eel roll though.

There was a restaurant out of town that I drove to which had a delicious soft shell crab sushi, just lightly fried.

If you don't eat out you can pick up some good sushi from Whole Foods. They make a yummy vegetarian-friendly one with black rice instead of the tradition sushi rice, quinona I think with cucumber and avocado. *Licks fingers* Delectable! I never tire of sushi. I also love those Vietnamese-style rice paper rolls.

I miss my favorite sushi place in Madrid, seeing those magnificent rolls coming down the conveyor belt was a holy sight!

Every sushi lover must watch the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi, about the great chef Jiro Ono.

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    susan really likes sushi but she i dont but she keeps buying it so i only eat it late at night when i wake up and im hungry and there is nothing else but the fish bites

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Kroger also has sushi, or some locations do anyways and it's not bad

Cool! Too bad there's not a Kroger in my town anymore, but yeah more and more grocery stores are carrying sushi, which is awesome! There's also the chain Harris Teeter. Some of the Harris Teeter locations sprinkled throughout my city sell sushi with a professional chef at the bar. He serves a platter with caramelized onion, dripping in ginger sauce that's pretty good if you ask me. He serves salmon, tuna, shrimp, all of the standard finds in the states. I usually go with a chopped carrot one, but he will make accommodations and special orders if you ask. He's very nice. There's a fun Thai Kitchen in one Harris-Teeter too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I tried this fabled dish the other day for about the fifth time in my life. I'm not a Gulpin, nor am I Julia Roberts, so needless to say it did not end well. I pulled two muscles in my throat trying to eat the damn thing - in vain, I will say, because nearly all of it came tumbling out of my mouth, causing me to cackle and grapple madly for a napkin while people snickered. It was a classic Me moment. Just like the time I went to a cinema, desired to use the restroom while the previews were on, and started groping along the curtained wall as I sought the hallway a few metres to the right...

Spoiler:

And the sushi wasn't especially flavoursome. I'll be sticking to beer coasters and lint, thank you very much.

Back