• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gold PSS, Fairy Type, and Running Shoes

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
Great project!

Is it just me or is there an issue with the menu after applying the .ups patch fromthe zip?

After starting a new game the menu only shows "Pokedex" with random entries. Nothing else. No "Pokemon", "Bag", "Save" etc.

Only after officially receiving the pokedex ingame "Pokedex" and "Pokemon" are available to choose in the menu bar. Is there a solution?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
I was experimenting with both roms (old and updated one) that you have released in the zip.
As I was trying out some stuff I noticed that the Pokedex would still display random Dex-Entries after having received it and also the Items stored in the bag show some errors like changing numbers of Items or random Items popping up.

Is there again another easy solution towards it?
I assume it has to do with the saveblock for items and expanded Pokemons...
When I bought Items at the PokeMart the Dex-Entries would also slightly change

Years
I was too lazy to credit everyone involved. Sorry about that. I'll update the credits with everyone. Right now it's just the tool / thread owners. If there's anything else you would like to be done, let me know.

Oh, you misunderstood. I didn't mean the credits, I don't like the idea of patches as they give no freedom to work with. I appreciate you using my stuff tho, hence the ambiguous feeling.

And my biggest gripe with Rom bases is how they're full of bugs that the creators don't know how to fix after merging 999 asm routines from research section. Given how many things you added I'm afraid your work may follow the same steps.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So this is basically a ROM Base made up in 1 hour, that clearly has game breaking issues and lacks proper testing.
.... Why is this thread still open?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
You should have asked a moderator to close this thread and make a new thread for your Gold ROM Base, imo.
This thread has the old posts, mentioning stuff like Mega Evolution, PGE, DizzyEgg's EBEU and such, which are not related in any way to Pokémon Gold.

With that being said I feel the need to mention that a Gold ROM Base in the year we live in is not exactly a good idea. Gen. 2 ROM Hackers overall use the disassembly projects nowadays, which are better in every single way compared to binary hacking, specially more so when it comes to the GB and GBC Games.

Good luck though.

Back