• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Protag Names!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • I called my character "UTOBIAS" in my very first playthrough. I had intended for Tobias but got the U stuck in front. :(

But ever since then, I've went with Jessica, my own name. Though I often pick other names when I replay a game.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've used my RL nickname since LeafGreen. I use random names from time to time when I go with wild teams in games - to 'disassociate' myself from the team and go with Pokémon very unlike me.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    When I was a kid I used to call them my real name. Afterwards I used variations of my gamertags, they changed along the years but now it's mostly Soap and Soapy I use.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Real name or a similar-ish nickname usually. I've never bothered with something elaborate or particularly different.

Years
  • Either James or Lunar, usually the latter and I've named myself this way for as long as I can remember tbh.

Years
  • Aside from my first playthrough of Ruby where I accidentally named the character "Terra", I have been using my real name in subsequent games. Even moreso now that trainer customization is a thing.

Years
  • Going all the way back to GSC, I've used Brendan every time I start a new game. I thought it was the coolest thing when Ruby and Sapphire came out to have the same name as the protagonist, but once ORAS rolled around, it looked quite unoriginal when scrolling through the PSS.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Using your real name for your Player character makes you connect more with the game, imo. There have been times though when I've used weird names :P.

Pika Pika :chu:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I now have several saves with joke names, and I feel a bit bummed now that some of those Pokémon do not have my OT. Especially since I got two shinies on one save with a pretty stupid name.

Back