• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon International (Working Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Arg. I had to retype this all cause it wouldn't go through the first time :/. I hope I covered everything.

-Plot
So your a teen/adult guy/girl and you are setting out to compete in the Pokemon World Cup, a International Pokemon World Tornament hosted every four years. To enter, you must defeat and collect eight Gym Leaders from eight diffrent countries. One leader per country. Then travel to Australia to defeat the other finalists. This will be the main plot. However there are side plots.

-Nations/Climate/Geography
Well of course you can't visit the entire nation. Just a city or town. Otherwise it would be too painful to make. I have pretty much decided the nation but most of them I haven't decided the city. The geography and climate will reflect the citys real life counterpart. I don't want them all to be large and famous cities either...but something that makes them unique. I have listed the nations in the order for a trainer to visit them but it can change. The ones with one star means they are where a gym is. Sydney, Australia is where the Pokemon World Cup is being held. (This is just the Elite 4 + Champion but renamed). Japan and Antartica would be a nice add as well but its pretty optional. They would be like places after you win the Pokemon World Cup.

Oh yes, everyone speaks English as well. You got uh, a Universal Translater at the begining that allows you to understand anyone.

???, United States
???, Argentina
???, Brazil*
???, United Kingdom*
???, South Africa*
???, Kenya*
???, Egypt*
???, Russia*
???, India*
???, China*
Sydney, Australia (Pokemon World Cup)
**???, Japan
**Grytviken, Antartica

-Traveling
Obviously you can't travel from the United States to China by foot. There has to be some other transportation method, right? Yeah. I would like to install some sort of plane/boat/train transportation. Then what about routes? They will still be there of course you still need to travel them, they just won't lead you to a new city or town. Routes will be complex and surround the city or town. They might sometimes hold the next boat pass that you may need or something to advance the plot. (Hope that makes sense)

-Pokemon Locations
A Cacnea will not be in China. Pokemon will be placed depending on the environment. (For example, an Ekans will be in India, Girafarig in Kenya/South Africa). I am not sure whether the legenderies will be placed in this game. Maybe just be able to obtain data for legends in your Pokedex. A few fourth generation Pokemon might be added but, I would like these to be ones with brothers in the 1-3 generations.

-Villians
There will be quiet a few antagonists. First you will have two rivals, one from your hometown and one you meet a bit later on. Both will battle you when you least expect it. There are also small criminal gangs that can be found. They won't be too hard, they care about money and stealing. The larger group, a terrorist organization known as the Pokemon Liberation Army (Name may change), will be your "Team Rocket". Of course they're motives are completely different than money and much meaner.

-New Features
These are features I would like to add. Does not mean they all will.

New Music (Can we add songs with lyrics when fighting leaders? Or each leader has their own theme? New Music/Remixed old ones?)
Pokemon Gender Diffrences
Some new tiles
Fourth Generation Pokemon
New Trainers (Mostly recolors of Trainers skintones)
Some new scripts
Your Own House (Maybe?)

-Help
Ok. This will be my first big hack if it is picked up. To be honest I would someone else to take or lead. As I am not that experienced.

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Pokemon Gender Diffrences
Not possible/Really advanced hacking.

you must defeat and collect eight Gym Leaders from eight diffrent countries
Each country has 8 gym leaders? Too much.. I don't think there is enough space in the Rom for that. How about one Gym leader per country?

can we add songs with lyrics when fighting leaders? Or each leader has their own theme? New
Music/Remixed old ones?
mm no it's not possible to have lyrics.

Everything else seems possible, you have some nice ideas, hope it all works out for you. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok. Then no gender diffrences.

LOL. Haha. I am so dumb. Yeah. One leader per country.

Ok no lyrics.

Thanks for your input.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
Incredibly ambitious. I'm sure it would be a good game, but the amount of work is
a. Too much for one person
b. Too much for someone without much experience.
And the only feel of the country will be the buildings, so i don't think it is too great an idea. Good luck with anything you do anyways.

Twinx

Years
hehe I had to look up ambitious (English as a second language)

Ya it's a lot of work, but I guess he wants someone to take over (or lead) so I guess it would need serious team work.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
Well, are you going to get ordinance survey maps of every capitol and copy them out meticulously? I would advise that you create a new region which has towns and cities which have qualities of some of the countries you listed.

Twinx

Years
Every country would have different buildings...

I guess you could add monuments, like historical buildings and statues and stuff that characterizes every country but you'll need a talented spriter...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Every country would have different buildings...

I guess you could add monuments, like historical buildings and statues and stuff that characterizes every country but you'll need a talented spriter...

Not every country. Some countries will have the same buildings. I guess different sets depending on the region. Landmarks would be a nice feature too...

They will be diffrent from their counterparts in real life but they have the "feel" of it. (Does that make sense? I read it over and I'm not sure if it does.)

Juansito

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2008
Arg. I had to retype this all cause it wouldn't go through the first time :/. I hope I covered everything.

-Plot
So your a teen/adult guy/girl and you are setting out to compete in the Pokemon World Cup, a International Pokemon World Tornament hosted every four years....

Sounds a bit like Harry Potter. Not a lot, but enough for me to think, "Oh! Harry Potter!" Perhaps you should think about altering it just a bit. Like make it 7 years, and instead of 4, and change the name instead of World Cup. Maybe something like championship or something.

And not trying to be mean or anything, but I can see this turning out as an abandoned hack. Sorry but it's just not happening for me. It's nice to see you at least trying, but it's just too much work. And the storyline would need some work to make it playable. But hey, if you can find a way to make this hack enjoyable then I'm not stopping you.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Can somebody make it:
Kaluga, Russia?
I just like that place. Very nice indeed.
I just said it, because my grandma lives there.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Sounds a bit like Harry Potter. Not a lot, but enough for me to think, "Oh! Harry Potter!" Perhaps you should think about altering it just a bit. Like make it 7 years, and instead of 4, and change the name instead of World Cup. Maybe something like championship or something.

And not trying to be mean or anything, but I can see this turning out as an abandoned hack. Sorry but it's just not happening for me. It's nice to see you at least trying, but it's just too much work. And the storyline would need some work to make it playable. But hey, if you can find a way to make this hack enjoyable then I'm not stopping you.

Actually I copied it of off the Fifa World Cup. Soccer, see. :). Its held every 4 years as well as most sport competitions (Commonwealth Games, Olympics, etc).

Yeah, your right about the story line. I need to make to work on it.

But, what do you think will be the hardest part? The transportation system? Cause thats what I am thinking right now...

Juansito

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2008
Overall, the hack would be tough. The transportation system would not be to hard - as it is in many hacks. Hackmew knows how to measure things by steps or something like that so that could be your plane transportation method. On second thought, there would not actually be alot of gameplay. What would you do once your done with Cup? Game over? I highly reccomend you rethink this.

If you ever need help with a storyline then just ask me, ok?

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
yeah..harry potter's quiditch world cup was borrowed off of the actual football world cup...

anyway... you've got some nice ideas my friend but the idea of traversing the world is gonna be hard to impliment...actually...it would be like multiple rides from the s.s. anne or something along the lines of that...geting them to be flawlessly executed is gonna take serius script knowledge and some special tiles...but...it isnt impossible

and to give the countrys more of a feel...perhaps add small towns that would flesh out the area a bit....

good luck with this ambitious project, globe trotting is o so much fun... XD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Can somebody make it:
Kaluga, Russia?
I just like that place. Very nice indeed.
I just said it, because my grandma lives there.

Tell me more about this place.

Overall, the hack would be tough. The transportation system would not be to hard - as it is in many hacks. Hackmew knows how to measure things by steps or something like that so that could be your plane transportation method. On second thought, there would not actually be alot of gameplay. What would you do once your done with Cup? Game over? I highly reccomend you rethink this.

If you ever need help with a storyline then just ask me, ok?

I was thinking visiting Japan and Antartica after winning the World Cup. What do you mean by not alot of gameplay? Like storeywise? Or new features?

yeah..harry potter's quiditch world cup was borrowed off of the actual football world cup...

anyway... you've got some nice ideas my friend but the idea of traversing the world is gonna be hard to impliment...actually...it would be like multiple rides from the s.s. anne or something along the lines of that...geting them to be flawlessly executed is gonna take serius script knowledge and some special tiles...but...it isnt impossible

and to give the countrys more of a feel...perhaps add small towns that would flesh out the area a bit....

good luck with this ambitious project, globe trotting is o so much fun... XD

Yeah. I know what you mean. Scripting is my biggest weakness (Until I take a course that will help me in the near future).

The thing is with adding smaller towns is too much work. I mean making one is hard enough.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
To be honest, there is not enough room in a ROM to do this.

This would be better as an RPG Maker game

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hey, buddy. Get some friends.

Buddy, with these ideas, and not knowing how to script, you're going to be in a lot of trouble.

He is right, y'know. You may want to get a few people (not me, I don't script!) to help you first, then release it.

Hackbeginnerdylan

Speakachu!
Years
:O You could have a cacnea in australia 0.o i like this idea i always thought it would be cool to have a pokemon game baed on real life laces instead of fantasising and creating new names.

Btw i was wondering you were talking about new tile sets correct? When i try to change the tilesets it gives me predefined tilesets that i could change, is there ANY way so i can get dfferent tilesets other then the predefined ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back