• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moon logo

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    That definitely wasn't the impression I got from it, but I can see what you're saying. By itself the little moon image does look like Mega Salamence's body, but only just a bit. Besides, if it was supposed to look like Salamence what is Sun's logo supposed to look like?

pkmin3033

...if you squint and use your imagination, yeah. Sun's logo looks like a top-down Mega Metagross silhouette, too. Pretty sure that isn't what they're supposed to be, though. Dunno if that's a good thing or not yet, haha.

Reactions: Zet
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    It looks like a Mega Salamence but I doubt it was intentional.

It will however probably have more to do with a Gen VII Pokemon.

Zet

Years
  • Is it me or does Sun's logo look like an eclipse viewed from Earth, while Moon's looks like an eclipse viewed from space with the moon's shadow being casted on the Earth?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • It...sorta looks like a Mega Salamence? I can definitely see it now that it's been mentioned. But I think that's more due to the fact that Mega Salamence's wings are shaped like a crescent, so naturally a logo designed to look like the moon will resemble a Mega Salamence haha. I don't think there's any intended meaning behind it.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • The gems in the Japanese logos for Sun and Moon made me think of Diancie's gem on its torso.

That was the only resemblence I saw that seemed possible.

I can see the resemblence to mega salamence but as has been said, what would Sun's be and why would the game logo be based on mega salamence rather than the legends from those versions or a new symbol for a feature they plan to introduce(like the mega evo symbol in X and Ys Japanese logos).

Crescent moons will usually look similar no matter what they are on. Mega salamence's wings just happen to look like a crescent moon which is why they seem linked.

Back