• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon NKP [v1.0 Available]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • not gonna lie a full made hack at the beginning is great unlike some other hacks which still haven't been updated for over a year or 2*cough*PKMN life*cough*
    Story seems good and looks like you actually put some thought and effort into your hacks.
    You got me hooked man I'll give yours a try.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    I see; well, I won't be progressing any further until some story scripts are in place; i'll probably restart honestly. In the state the game is in now, it's a challenge run purely with very little else. No offense to you; I do like what your intending to put out, but i'll be waiting for future releases. I got to the third gym, and I can say the challenge isn't ridiculous or anything, but i'd suggest balancing some of the wild levels and not jumping a NPCs levels to ridiculous portions for the few and then lowering it for others. Like; on Nugget Bridge you face the rival; he's got level 26's or something and then the 5 on the bridge jump back down to 18-20 and that should really be reworked a bit to at least even it out.

In future releases i'll probably keep the level scale like that, to me it shows how much of a better trainer he is than a average trainer. Its used to show a juxtaposition. So average trainers and bosses will have different level scales.

As for wild levels, I keep them low so the player still has to do a moderate amount of training. But in future releases i'll make sure the level scaling is as smooth as possible.

Also the first story scripts will be entered in the next release, the scripts will be strictly for the phone item that I will give to the player.

not gonna lie a full made hack at the beginning is great unlike some other hacks which still haven't been updated for over a year or 2*cough*PKMN life*cough*
    Story seems good and looks like you actually put some thought and effort into your hacks.
    You got me hooked man I'll give yours a try.

Thank you narutodkurosaki your support means a lot.

I think for some hackers life gets in the way, whether its loosing motivation (This happened to me a few), loosing important files, or not understanding the scope of the project. I avoid this by making goals for myself and sticking to a schedule. For example, right now I'm studying for a certification so I know that I wont be able to hack for a while, so I made sure the first release was going to be playable.

How long is this demo?

Since it has all the original story scripts it can be played to the end. I also gave it an" NES ending".

Can I be a beta tester?

Absolutely, next time I make a big release i'll send a PM.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So this game can be played all the way to the Elite 4 & Champion? So shouldn't this be classified as a finished game?

Also it doesn't really feel like theres a new story in the game lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    So this game can be played all the way to the Elite 4 & Champion? So shouldn't this be classified as a finished game?

Also it doesn't really feel like theres a new story in the game lol.

As I've told you before it has the "original story scripts". What that means is that the story I have planned has not been added in. The 1.0 release focuses on the fundamental game play. This way you guys can play something, version 1.0 is a preview.

Years
  • Well I'm in brock right now the thing is that no one likes grinding their pokemon so it would've been great to have more trainers to battle with high levels or rebattling trainers

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    Well I'm in brock right now the thing is that no one likes grinding their pokemon so it would've been great to have more trainers to battle with high levels or rebattling trainers

Since I'm going to use NKP as a base for my full hack, look at NKP as a preview.

Also here are some of the things I will do to address grinding:
    1. Falkner will be added as an optional mini boss, before Brock.
    *In general I will add many more optional bosses.
    2. The freedom to go to any city at the start of the game.
    *Similar to Skyrim.
    3. In the future I will also release a 2nd version of this hack for casual players. (This will make training 12 Pokemon more practical.)
    *Also in both versions, all gyms will be dual typed.

I also want to thank you for playing my hack, I have a bunch of plans for it :).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    Where can this be played up to? Is the story finished ?

Since I'm going to use NKP as a base for my full hack, look at NKP as a preview. It has the original story. Also the first story scripts will be entered in the next release, the scripts will be strictly for the phone item that I will give to the player.

Might release update soon.

Beautifully formatted. I'll give it a try just for that reason haha

Thank You, enjoy.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Best not revive threads that have been dead for over a year =) Oppenheimer, if you'd ever like your thread re-opened give one of the mods a shout!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back