• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hola!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Don't let my post title mislead you, I don't speak a lick of Spanish xD Anyway, hi Pok?Community! I've been lurking around for a few years now trying to find resources to jump start my Pok?mon fan game. Just recently I finished my Videogames course in Uni and I feel more ready than ever to tackle that task!

Some info about meself

- I'm 24
    - I'm a male
    - I'm from Portugal

Just call me Raven thats what I go by on the interwebs! *queue "that's so Raven" jokes*

Nice to meet you all!

Years
  • Heya there Raven, welcome to the PokeCommunity! We're happy to have you come out of lurking and partake in the community. Congrats on finishing your university Videogames class, I'm sure some of the stuff you used can be used to develop your fan game. You can find fan games, resources, and people who can help you over in our Fan Games section. Make to also check out our many discussions outside of fan games. Enjoy and good luck on that game! :>

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Quoth the raven nevermore! That's the only line I remember from that poem, unfortunately. I really should have paid more attention in class. Hi Raven, welcome to the forums. That's great to hear that you finished your video game course - what was taking it like? I imagine that it'd be a lot of hard work but that sounds really sweet. Wish I could do something like that. :o

I'm very excited to see your fan game when you finally do create it. :D Do you have any ideas in mind for it or is it a secret? You should let me know when it's finished, I'll make sure to check it out! I'll see you around. \o/

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

It was fun taking the course. We only worked on the artistic part though, like making UI, menus, concept art, characters and the likes. I did learn a bit of Unity towards the end and a a little bit on my own so I kinda know how syntax works and all that.
    If you have the opportunity, totally do it, the fact that you create something from basically just an idea written on paper, is extremely rewarding!

I will also check out the other discussions! I've been a Pok?mon fanatic ever since I was a kid. I've bought every game that came out since I was 6, which was when I first played it.

About my fan game, I'm in the process of putting ideas down on paper, I haven't got a good clue as to what I'm gonna do with it but I want to get away from the usual formula (young trainer who travels the world to be the very best). I will let everyone know when either I start actually making the game or I have a clear idea in mind!

Again, thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Back