• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Fire Red Title Screen Question

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all,

I have a question about my titlescreen. I think it looks quite well now, I even got the Press Start part to flicker. Altough there is one problem and that is the graphical effect at the opening of the start screen (See GIF, the part that the image comes in from the right).

I don't want the animation, but just a steady background. Is that possible and if so, how?

Fire Red Title Screen Question

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Cool title screen. I need a little more information to help you. Open your ROM in your emulator, go to Tools->Map viewer and tell me which BG the sliding background is in.

Judging by the code, I would wager that just writing these bytes would fix the sliding:
    @0807932A 00 00 00 00
    @08079332 00 00 00 00
    @08079392 00 00 00 00

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    First of all, thanks! Partly the animation went away by inserting these numbers.

The beige image is not coming in from the right anymore, but still displaying for some time (see GIF).

The needed information:
    BG0: Orange Islands logo
    BG1: The dragonite
    BG2: The beach background
    BG3: An almost fully beige screen

I guess BG3 displays the part i want to get rid of?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • First of all, thanks! Partly the animation went away by inserting these numbers.

The beige image is not coming in from the right anymore, but still displaying for some time (see GIF).
    View attachment 82144

The needed information:
    BG0: Orange Islands logo
    BG1: The dragonite
    BG2: The beach background
    BG3: An almost fully beige screen

I guess BG3 displays the part i want to get rid of?

What happens if you write 00 00 00 00 to 08078A6E?

Years
    • Seen today
    The following:

0000 refers to dark black right? So I have to find the transparent color in that palette and try that?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • The following:
    View attachment 82150

0000 refers to dark black right? So I have to find the transparent color in that palette and try that?

No, I just nop'd the function applying the BG's palette. But it seems like the palettes are shared across two bgs. Undo that change which made it all black please, and try this:

@08078A7C 00 00 00 00
    @08078A8A 00 00 00 00
    @08078CBA 00 00 00 00

Years
    • Seen today
    It's getting better and better but not as I like it to be yet, instead of the beige screen it's a black screen now (which is already an improvement in my opinion.

And the palette was indeed a shared palette:

Looking forward to what you will eventually come up with next!

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • It's getting better and better but not as I like it to be yet, instead of the beige screen it's a black screen now (which is already an improvement in my opinion.
    View attachment 82151

And the palette was indeed a shared palette:
    View attachment 82152

Looking forward to what you will eventually come up with next!

It's actually quite hard to do this without having a test ROM :x
    try @08078F4A 00 00 00 00

Years
    • Seen today
    That caused this to happen. (See Gif) Which looks cool too, but not what I was looking for:P

Years
    • Seen today
    I also noticed that the there is still a sliding movement when you watch the whole intro (instead of skipping the introduction battle and such).

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Yeah, I looked at the blinking and such. It looks like you need to rewrite a couple of tasks to make this happen as you want it to. Personally, I would just rewrite the entire titlescreen animation, though I'm not sure if that is beyond your current capabilities.

Years
    • Seen today
    Rewriting is definitly beyond my current abilities:p Kinda just recently started and learning most of the basics. When it's easy for you to rewrite these couple of tasks that would be great, but if it will be a lot of trouble for you then please don't bother making it work. I'll wait a some time until I have gained some experience in making ROM hacks so the game would be worth a nice titlescreen.

Thanks for helping though!

Back