• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Weekly Watchings

Years
  • Weekly Watchings

Weekly Watchings is a long-running event that works pretty much exactly like the name suggests. Each week, either myself or Donavannj will post an anime series in this thread.

The idea is to watch the first episode (or more if you feel like it) and then to come back here and tell us what you think of it and if you'll be continuing on with it to the end. We'll be primarily focusing on newer anime, but every now and then we'll throw you a curve ball with an older series.

The first anime we're using is Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu. This thread has gone up a little bit early as the anime itself isn't going to be released until Monday. Monday the following week is when we will post the next series.

If you would like to opt-in to quote notifications when each new series is posted, let us know!

Years
  • Stream of consciousness while watching episode 1 that i posted on my personal discord server:

Archery boy
    Is this free but archery?
    Cast seems like prototypical fujo bait
    Seriously
    This op ends on fujo bait
    Detail on those abs
    So they're reviving a dead club
    O so that's happened
    So this'll be our first arc: convince protag to let loose for the first time since ma died
    They actually got him to show up
    Trap wasn't very nice to spring on the dude
    O he sucked
    That makes what they did a dick move
    O confidence issues
    This dude is ripped
    And he's a falconer with an owl?
    What.

It's watchable, and i'll probably finish the season, but it's not my normal cup of tea.

I'd have watched sooner but damn near all of last week I was cleaning house so.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've seen the first episode, awesome animation, good stuff. Getting Overlord feels from it. but I guess every isekai has same kind of formula these days where protagonist get a loyal team and becomes insanely op. Though Hai to Gensou no Grimgar was different. I read light novel ( not anime/manga) It really shows powerlessness of mc and how his team and his leadership skills developed till 4-5 volume. But after volume 6 i got so annoyed of mc Haruhiro's hate for Ranta being idiotic and his internal ****ing monologue that I almost dropped it. But I finished it somehow. And damn I'm glad I did 'cause the twist it had taken after Darunggar. ( sorry I got little offtopic)
    I'll probably read ln after watching S1 and see where rimuru takes us.

Last edited:
    Back