• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Film Nostalgia

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think we all have those films that fill us with nostalgia every time we see them. For me, whenever I see Toy Story (the first one) I am instantly reminded of being just a kid and spending time with my mum at funfairs as we saw the film on the same day as visiting one and I just about remember having so much fun there. Subsequent Toy Storys fill me with the same feeling!!

What about yourselves?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't think I'll ever get tired of the Harry Potter films, and cheesy as it sounds, it still always feels "magical" when I rewatch them. The Philosopher's Stone is widely and probably rightly considered the most boring of the series, but it's still so incredibly charming and every time I watch it it still feels like I'm on an exciting new journey with these characters.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    Would it be too obvious to say Pokemon: The First Movie? I think that was the first movie I went to see in the theater. I remember they gave out pokemon cards and I got a Pikachu. I had like 20 Pikachu cards but I heard a guy who was probably in his 20s a few rows up (I was about 7) talking to his friend. He got a Dragonite and I traded him for it. He had no clue about pokemon and probably just went to watch whatever movie was on. Was never really into the Trading Card Game but I still have that Dragonite.

And the polar opposite of Pokemon, Child's Play. There was a video store that was going out of business and was selling all their tapes. We didn't own many tapes so me and my brother would watch this movie constantly. Rewinding it on the elevator scene where the old lady says "What an ugly doll" and Chucky replies "**** you." We would laugh hysterically.

Years
  • Hmm, I'd probably say something like Ghostbusters. Not only is it one of the best films ever made, but I can vividly remember all the times my family and I watched it, years ago. I can recite it off by heart, almost, simply because we watched it so much then.

Would it be too obvious to say Pokemon: The First Movie?

Obvious, maybe, but correct/appropriate? Absolutely! Back when Pokémon was at its absolute peak, I can remember everyone rushing out to see this, collecting the cards, and renting the DVD. Good times.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • I'll list a few off the top of my head:
    Toy Story 2
    A Bugs Life
    Fantasia

Also I'd probably put the 13th Pokemon movie in there, even though I watched the first 3 throughout my childhood, and that one when I was 11. But it did make an impact on me, and is still my favorite Pokemon movie (probably because of the nostalgia I feel towards it).

Bay

Years
  • Doctor Dolittle, the one starring Eddie Murphy. It was the movie my family and I watched several times and still laugh each time. I loved the animal characters in it and how they drove Murphy's character crazy. I think the movie was the reason my sister and I asked my parents to get us a guinea pig (we got a hamster instead, close enough lol).

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The Back to the Future movies. My dad introduced them to me and my brothers as kids and we loved them and would watch them anytime they came on tv. And to this day they're still some of my all time favorite movies/movie franchises next to Star Wars.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • The Back to the Future movies. My dad introduced them to me and my brothers as kids and we loved them and would watch them anytime they came on tv. And to this day they're still some of my all time favorite movies/movie franchises next to Star Wars.

Heck yea, they're some of my favorite movies too. I'd add Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Mr. Holland's Opus, Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin, Hook, Hocus Pocus, The Toy Story movies, Star Trek movies (most of them, with a few exceptions).

Back