• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokemon Go Updates

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    This is not a single submission pitch, rather a continuation of pitches. I am an avid PoGo player and stay up to date on things to come along with changes to PoGo. I am requesting to greenlight me posting any updates or changes to PoGo. If something is minuet I wouldn't post about it (or just update a previous article), yet if something is changing significantly I would be the go to guy to create an article. I'm not sure a pitch like this would be acceptable, but I wanted to request anyway.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm fine with that if you want to keep writing that sort of thing in general. As before, let us know if there's a draft ready to look at (e.g. posting in this thread, or pinging the Daily Staff role on the discord).

Couple questions:
    - just pure news/update articles? (Note we used to do more of them, but then dropped to focus on other kinds of articles rather than stuff officially announced; but I've no objection otherwise to someone doing that if that's their interest!)
    - if not, what else? (Analysis? Opinions?) [Very much fine with that, but just might need further discussion prior to writing specific articles along those lines. They can do pretty well with views versus pure news articles on that note.]
    - Would it include datamined information/findings, rather than just official PoGo website/twitter/etc posts? (We've done articles on that too, which tend to do better in terms of views.)

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    All of my articles would be a coalition of all data I could find on said topic of article, similar to the article I first posted. If something comes straight from Niantic, and is not missing information (like they tend to do) I would not bother posting. I like your idea of analysis and opinions also, although when writing articles I strive to be non bias to the topic at hand. When an author gets to attached to an article they are writing I have noticed how far they veer from the original intent of the article, so my opinions are irrelevant when it comes to providing news. Although I would not object to adding subtext of "my thought" throughout articles if they are suiting to a topic at hand.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • All of my articles would be a coalition of all data I could find on said topic of article, similar to the article I first posted. If something comes straight from Niantic, and is not missing information (like they tend to do) I would not bother posting. I like your idea of analysis and opinions also, although when writing articles I strive to be non bias to the topic at hand. When an author gets to attached to an article they are writing I have noticed how far they veer from the original intent of the article, so my opinions are irrelevant when it comes to providing news. Although I would not object to adding subtext of "my thought" throughout articles if they are suiting to a topic at hand.
    Alright. Fair point on Niantic misisng info often from their announcements... I'd just say that for datamined news, be sure to include a link to the source.

With opinions I think it's fine to include them in articles in a separate section - as long as it's separate from the news, that's okay. Meanwhile standalone opinion articles can have the opinions category applied to them rather than news.

PS you can give yourself a short bio here which will show up on your author page and below any articles you write.

Back