• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you catch Spiritomb?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • In order to catch a Spiritomb in Gen 4, you need to obtain the Odd Keystone either from a Black Belt on Route 208 or by finding the one in Twinleaf Town. You then need to take the keystone to the Hallowed Tower on Route 209 (the small, runied tower, not the Lost Tower which you need to get the Strength HM from). After placing the keystone on the tower, you then need to talk to other players in the Sinnoh Underground at least 32 times (you can talk to the same player multiple times but the player will need to have left the underground and then come back before talking to them again). After you've done this, interact with the Hallowed Tower again and a Level 25 Spiritomb will appear.

So, did you ever do this on any playthrough of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum? I did it once on Platinum, and I then used the Spiritomb in my team.

Years
  • I never knew the process, so no. I might do it now though, Spiritomb's a pretty cool Pokemon.

Were these steps a secret for underground-goers to discover? Or did I just miss the thing that explained how to do it?

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I think the guy who gives you the keystone tells you to talk to lots of people in the underground.

Oh, and if you use the method of talking to the same player 32 times, you need to make sure the player you are talking to has entered their secret base and has used the ' close door and decorate' function on the PC inside the base before talking to them again, as that counts as leaving the underground. Doing that would be quicker than leaving and entering the underground over and over again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • [Orogo Dragonis;9714797]I did catch Spiritomb. But it was too hard to find. Especially the process was very tedious. In internet games like Pokemon Crater, it generally used to come very early, but in the recent ones like DelugeRPG, its virtually impossible.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I knew the process but my Underground was painfully empty, so I had to trade for it

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I don't remember at all. I know I put the Odd Keystone in there but I don't remember ever owning a Spiritomb with my OT. I do remember genning for a shiny Wonder Guard Spiritomb like all the cool kids did then. 8)

Years
  • I was never able to get Spiritomb because its obtain method was extremely complicated. I just did not have the socialization or appropriate wi-fi to get enough people in the Underground.

PerseusRad

Cracked Egg
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    I did catch Spiritomb. I happened to have access to two DSes and two games, so I spent a fair bit of time going back and forth doing the underground thing. Don't quite remember the method, only thing I remember is that I was in a car while doing it iirc. At least for part of it.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • knew how but never did it. didnt think it was worth it for a pokemon with a limited movepool and mediocre stats even with no weaknesses at the time honchkrow or houndoom are better dark types in diamond and plat (sorry pearl) and gengar is a straight up better ghost type, also Mismagius in pearl.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I really wanted to, but I think qualifications that needed to be met were pretty hard to accomplish. Especially if you didn't have many people who also played.

Back