• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2021
    What emulator should I be using to play this on my Android phone. I tried a few like John GBAC, but it says it couldn't find it or it was unrecognizable. I would really love to play this game.

Years
  • What emulator should I be using to play this on my Android phone. I tried a few like John GBAC, but it says it couldn't find it or it was unrecognizable. I would really love to play this game.
    I personally recommend MyBoy! And I've even written a guide specific to that particular emulator in the original post 😊

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    Sounds like a very cool hack, but what im wondering is if you could go through the effort and include all patches seperately or in a new patch file for other language versions? i tried patching a german version and it no longer works. I guess as long as mechanics are changed its fine, but as soon as objects/pokemon/translated names are changed, it no longer works. So for now i play with rough skin, poison, dark caves & exp share.

Years
  • Sounds like a very cool hack, but what im wondering is if you could go through the effort and include all patches seperately or in a new patch file for other language versions? i tried patching a german version and it no longer works. I guess as long as mechanics are changed its fine, but as soon as objects/pokemon/translated names are changed, it no longer works. So for now i play with rough skin, poison, dark caves & exp share.

I'm pretty sure ROMs in other languages are incompatible with most of the things I have done in Final, but I have no experience with working with non English ROMs so its beyond what I can say definitively.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2021
    Has anyone ever tried flashing this to a gba cart with a rtc and seeing if it works? This would be pretty cool to play on a gba if possible.

Years
  • Has anyone ever tried flashing this to a gba cart with a rtc and seeing if it works? This would be pretty cool to play on a gba if possible.

Someone on Reddit did it and it worked fine minus the Day/Night Cycle, I think I have a fix for that for the next version tho

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2022
    Hey, is there any update to the day night cycle working on real hardware yet?

Edit: Just read the previous post above. Excited to finally get to play this properly on real hardware :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    So I've just tried to add Emerald Final to my jailbroken 2DS as a GBA Virtual Console game via New Super Ultimate Injector, and there is an odd vertical banding issue. The screen is wrapped such that the top part of the screen is actually on the bottom. I applied the main patch, then the Gen6 EXP Share, Day/Night Battle, and Poison Stops at 1HP. I'm *trying* to see if maybe the Capitalization Patch caused a problem by popping the Undo patch but NSUI is suddenly refusing to work. Has anyone else had this?

EDIT: Figured out a better term to search on Google and this seems to be a problem with ROMs larger than 16MB, and larger SD cards. It can be manually fixed by spamming the Home button, so that's a thing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2022
    How do you surface from a dive without a pokemon who knows the HM move?
    I've tried everything I can think of short of getting an HM slave, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Edit: Just figured it out; gotta press the B button, so if anyone else is having this issue, here's your solution :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • How do you surface from a dive without a pokemon who knows the HM move?
    I've tried everything I can think of short of getting an HM slave, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Edit: Just figured it out; gotta press the B button, so if anyone else is having this issue, here's your solution :)

Yeah that's how you do it in vanilla too lol you don't have to select the HM user

Years
  • Any update?

Working on it, don't have much free time lol I got most of the next version ready, just need to get the time to re write the nature switching scripts (someone on our discord found a bug that caused shiny pokemon to become non shiny) and test a few things before assembling everything together. Unfortunately due to the method of some of the new features, in order to make certain things optional I may need to make two options for the main patch but I'm hoping I'll be able to get this workaround I've thought up done correctly, it would be needlessly confusing to need two sets of optional patches to accommodate the two different main patches.

I appreciate everyone's patience, and I hope to see it rewarded soon, I just cannot give any kind of accurate time estimate right now. I'm still actively working on Emerald Final when I can and fortunately even though I'm working a lot of hours (pandemic work schedules amiright) my job allows me to keep active on our discord and this forum so feel free to contact me if you wish 😊

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2021
    Pretty sure no, unfortunately. I'm looking into adding some later gen moves though.

I think that is a perfect idea and that it should be in the game together with the gen 4 or 5 abilities (no more than gen 5 please) because some pokemon are just not themselves without them.
    Breloom for a example needs technician and poison heal.

Years
  • I think that is a perfect idea and that it should be in the game together with the gen 4 or 5 abilities (no more than gen 5 please) because some pokemon are just not themselves without them.
    Breloom for a example needs technician and poison heal.

The next version is going to have gen 4 moves and abilities. Including some hidden abilities that existed in 4th gen for pokemon who only have a single ability. That all will be optional, of course :)

I've posted some test versions on our Discord server if you're interested in seeing for yourself!

Years
  • Thank you man, about the discord thing i wiil see how i fo that?

So about move coverage, I didn't expand TMs but I did add in a couple new tutors and also I went through every fully evolved pokemon and made sure they have a good STAB move of whichever category (physical or special) that they are strong in, or both if their stats are close.
    Expanding TMs I'm pretty sure would break save compatibility (expanding the dex does) so I wanted to avoid it.

As for the discord, the invite link is in the original post here and I'm never far from it so I can explain the specifics there lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2021
    So about move coverage, I didn't expand TMs but I did add in a couple new tutors and also I went through every fully evolved pokemon and made sure they have a good STAB move of whichever category (physical or special) that they are strong in, or both if their stats are close.
    Expanding TMs I'm pretty sure would break save compatibility (expanding the dex does) so I wanted to avoid it.

As for the discord, the invite link is in the original post here and I'm never far from it so I can explain the specifics there lol

So you are putting moves that the pokemons didn't have in any generation? Or just from gen 4? Because i understood that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2021

Thank you for the hack.

Back