• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I can’t start the Yancy/Curtis sidequest?

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
  • So there is a sidequest in Black 2 and White 2 involving a character named Yancy (if the mc is male) or Curtis (if the mc is female) who will eventually trade with you hidden ability Pokémon. To start the sidequest, you're supposed to pick up their dropped X-transceiver in Nimbasa City.
    I can't seem to find it anywhere in my game. I watched a lot of videos that show where to find it, but it's not showing up in Nimbasa City. It isn't in my bag either. I even tried going to some of the call locations, but nothing happened. Is this some sort of glitch?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm, yeah, this definitely sounds like a glitch. Have you tried exiting Nimbasa City and trying again, or beating Elesa's Gym to see if the lost X-Transceiver appears that way?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If you're at the point where you've beaten the E4 already, I wonder if maybe you already progressed in the sidequest to the point where you've given Yancy/Curtis back their Xtransceiver and forgot about it. If I remember right, at this point the game selects 1 of 15 locations for your daily call, so maybe if you try all of them and not just some of them something will happen?

Back