• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Re-release! Pokémon: Adventure to Empire Isle

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen today
    Pokémon: Adventure to Empire Isle... the re-release!

s7rdeOV.png
    XHW11se.png

Background
    I started this ROM hack back in 2011. I gave up part way through and to be honest, my scripting skills were pretty poor. Fast forward ten years and I stumbled across the ROM hacking community once more. I found a copy of my ROM hack online and decided it needed a refresh. I started from scratch and have completely re-made the game from the ground up.

The current release of the game contains 10-14 hours of gameplay, includes 6 gyms as well as an optional additional gym.

Storyline
    Welcome to Empire Isle!

Empire Isle is a beautiful oceanside region and is home to an abundance of rare and powerful wild Pokémon. You will find Pokémon from all generations across the region with an enormous variety for you to catch, train and battle. As you explore Empire Isle you will traverse long gruelling routes, small seaside towns and large cities. Every area is designed to be unique and contain their own points of interest.

During your journey you will get the opportunity to visit other regions from the Pokémon franchise, including Hoenn in the latest release and Sinnoh planned for a future release.

Team Rocket are back! Team Rocket are more evil than ever and in their pursuit for power and money they have turned to mutating Pokémon. Using these powerful and mutated Pokémon, Team Rocket are tougher than ever. It is down to you to stop the rise of Team Rocket throughout Empire Isle as the grow their operations. You will need to take on and defeat powerful mutant powerful, take down those behind the creating and selling of these mutant Pokémon and put an end to Team Rocket's latest plans.

Along the way you will learn about the rich history of Empire Isle and begin to uncover secrets behind the mysterious disappearance of the former ruler of Empire Isle.

Several friendly and not-so-friendly characters feature throughout the story. Some will work by your side and others will work to thwart you, but don't let that stop you becoming the Champion of Empire Isle!

Latest screenshots
    Spoiler:

Key Features
    Spoiler:

Other features
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Tools used
    Spoiler:

Any support would be massively appreciated!

Have fun!

Downloads and Links!
    Patch a clean Firered ROM of the following name - 1636 Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).

I have used the VisualboyADV emulator for all testing with no issues.

Link to Patch:
    Click here to download the latest patch - v0.6.2!

Known bugs:
    1. Using the Pokédex will crash the game.

Changes since previous release
    Spoiler:

Link to Game Guide:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1plwwmgdcXGevpY77ey5Iw86i2PuxNp3bKL7kyYfRDW8/edit?usp=sharing

DaleH771

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I am so happy to see this finally happen. I'm going to give this a spin! I hope you consider finishing the final version in due time!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, do I need to patch this to FireRed 1.0 or 1.1?

Firered 1.1 I believe (that's what I patched and it seemed OK, I actually can't remember what I used back 10 years ago)

I am so happy to see this finally happen. I'm going to give this a spin! I hope you consider finishing the final version in due time!

Awesome! Would appreciate any feedback 😁 enjoy!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    is the physical/special split implemented?

Unfortunately not. The battle mechanics are standard Firered. My hacking skills are not that advanced.

If I was to start another hack I'd like to start with the CFRU ROM base. Looks sick.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Hey I like the game so far, I have a scyther how do you evolve it in this game?

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey I like the game so far, I have a scyther how do you evolve it in this game?

Just use a Metal Coat on it... but where you find it? Talk to every NPC you come across. You'll find it!

Clue: Little boy

Where do I need to go to find the jigglypuff for the research centre?

If you head north after defeating the fourth Gym you will find Isle Stonehaven, a cave. Wild Jigglypuff can be found there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    About the metal coat I tried using it and it doesn't work, I also tried leveling up while holding one also didn't work. As for where I got a metal coat I think it was some kid npc that gave me one but somehow I have 3.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    About the metal coat I tried using it and it doesn't work, I also tried leveling up while holding one also didn't work. As for where I got a metal coat I think it was some kid npc that gave me one but somehow I have 3.

The legend below has spotted it happens at level 36.... I'll change this if I do a re-release of the game! Sorry for the confusion, but at least you found the Metal Coat.

According to G3T, it said Scyther evolves level 36

Legend. Thank you. Will fix this if there is a future release.

For some reason this tile has a script:
    Mistake.png

lol, why is the character eating off of the floor like that? This is an easy fix, thanks again!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    I think I located another bug or glitch that the player cannot enter the Berry Forest, is that supposed to happen?

Definitely not supposed to happen. I didn't encounter this and I did multiple test playthroughs but somebody else has mentioned this also. Which emulator are you running this on? Was this a one off glitch? Upon leaving and re-entering the map, could you then access Berry Forest?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    is the physical/special split implemented?

Unfortunately not. The battle mechanics are standard Firered. My hacking skills are not that advanced.

If I was to start another hack I'd like to start with the CFRU ROM base. Looks sick.

Would you let someone help you who can implement the Split? I can't, my hacking skills are 0, but lots of people here are capable of it and might be willing to help.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Would you let someone help you who can implement the Split? I can't, my hacking skills are 0, but lots of people here are capable of it and might be willing to help.

Oh 100%. I could learn to do a lot of this stuff myself but I just haven't got the time. I would love to have people help implement several features (with credit of course!).

Back