• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying gym leader in FR/LG?

Most Annoying Gym Leader?

• Brock

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Misty

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • Lt. Surge

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Erika

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Koga

Votes: 41 21.4%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Blaine

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Giovanni

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

DarkThunder2

PKM Trainer Nikki
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    DEFINITELY Koga

lol gotta hate koga. h8t lvln up pokes so with his 40-50's i had 28-36 pokes and a venasur. barely beat wheezing on my 27'th attempt with snorlax. Lol koga was even easyer then the elete for witch i took down in 2-5 times per person!!

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Misty. I chose Charmander; type disadvantage. Squirtle, even if I was overleveled, I could be 2HKO'ed. Bulbasaur, could be destroyed because of Psychic attacks. I HATED that Gym.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Misty with her confusion and recovering... SO ANNOYING! Considering my team by this point is usually either Warturtle or Charmeleon with a Sandshrew, it's not ideal hehe...

Years
  • Misty was always the worst, with Koga not far behind. My last playthrough I remember thinking I would be okay using Bulbasaur to get through the Gym, but completely forgot that her Staryu & Starmie both had Recover, and Starmie was part Psychic-type. I was able to win, but the battle probably took 4x longer than it should have.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • I used to have quite a bit of difficulty with Sabrina - I'm not sure why though, she wasn't that difficult. I guess when I was younger (and played FRLG) I didn't really care too much about type advantage - raw power was what mattered to me. Now that I'm a little bit older, and that much wiser, I guess I would teach my Blastoise bite/crunch. I never used to teach it that because I thought "I water Pokémon shouldn't learn a DARK TYPE move, that's reuniclus ridiculous".

Another Gym leader that I had a mild difficulty with was Lt. Surge. I hated Diglets, so I never used them against him. I had no ground types and I always lost (except for that one time I had Geodude) However, now I always teach something dig, so that I can overcome him.

Last edited:

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    misty's starmie + sabrinas teleport maze = complete madness lol.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Getting to Sabrina (mind = blown) and then I get a bit overwhelmed from her Alakazam, I guess shes the most annoying...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I think I've battled them too much to actually say "who was the most annoying". I've gotten used to the different kinds of pokemon they have, well except Lt. Surge. One thing that I've learned over the years is always carry a Paralyze Heal. Yep, that about sums it up. Lt. Surge wins my vote xDD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    It was a toss up between Koga and Sabrina, 'cause I rarely have good Pokémon to combat their types well. I went with Koga in the end, 'cause Poison-types are just annoying in general.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    I guess Giovanni but only because I only had a Level 12 Oddish and a Level 65 Pidgeotto. For some reason, ground types kill me.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • MISTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had Charmander that's why so it took me a lot of TIMES TO BEAT HER!! Overal their all easy

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Multiple, Brock is the most annoying in Yellow since you can't really beat him with Pikachu. Lt. Surge is annoying because of his GYM which is like a hell to go through, but Koga is really the most annoying with his Venomoth and his gym is also annoying.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I had a hard time battling Sabrina, so does it counts with the question? :'p .. Although when I chose Charmander I kind of had a hard time battling Brock too, so ..

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • For me it was blaine. His Arcanine's Fire Blast really hurt my mobotype Bug Team. Had to rebattle him quite a few times.

Okay. Not a few times. I battled him six times with my Pokemon six to ten levesl above him. Really disgusting. urgh. :\

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • LT.Surge and his Raichu. He would always use Thunder Wave to paralyze me. Then spams a whole bunch of Double Teams and then he Shock Waves me to death and I can't evade it. -_-

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I remember that Sabrina gave me some difficulties, but not a lot.
    Actually, FR/LG gym leaders aren't really tough, I had more problems with them in RBY :pink_nod:

Back