• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Binge or weekly

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Some shows I follow as they are released, and wait eagerly for a week or whatbe until the next ep is out. Other shows I wait (or just haven't discovered in time) until I can watch a whole season back to back pretty much. With appropriate breaks for life stuff like work and sleep (sadly).

Which is your preferred mode of watching shows? Does it differ between types of shows? Do you purposefully wait to be able to marathon something, or do you even maybe purposefully space episodes out despite a whole season or so being released already?

discuss your habits and strategies~

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I watch shows as they are released to me. So network shows I watch as they air, and Netflix shows I binge (or try to, within a three day period).

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • It depends on how much I like the show but I will watch a series fairly quickly if I can. I do hate having to wait for a new episode every week. I guess streaming has spoiled me.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    It depends how I got into the show in the first place. I used to prefer weekly watches but I'm starting to prefer binging because I tend to forget details quickly. If I got into a show via binging (catching up), I can't stand waiting for it weekly; this is why I dropped Jane the Virgin halfway season 3.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Binge means it's over in 3 days and with shows like OITNB you have to wait a whole year, and weekly means you have to wait 7 days just for a single episode so idk. It really just depends on the show but I do tend to binge most of the shows I watch.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am TERRIBLE at watching shows that I like. It took me like 2-3 years to get through Gurren Lagann. Mostly because I can't sit still and watch, I prefer some interactivity, not to mention all 500 other distractions I have around me and online.

pkmin3033

Waiting week-by-week for an episode drives me nuts, so I tend to wait and binge watch the whole thing when its finished or will be finished by the time I get around to the last episode. Unless a show is really good, I don't tend to watch more than 2 episodes a day, so it's pretty easy for me to gauge when that'll be and spread it out over however long I need to. I don't really have the patience to just sit and watch things these days...always doing something else in the meantime. Usually playing a game or browsing. I can't just watch something and do nothing else unless I'm at the cinema or something.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I uh, just managed to watch all six seasons of New Girl in two weeks. I'm a binger.

Back