• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PokeCommunity Election #2 Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
Years
  • Everybody knows mods.They are more popular than regular members because they have the coloful name and position in a forum.'.';

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • And then there are people who look at us with a dead look on their face as if to say, "Please don't hurt me!" I'm serious. There are members who look at us as if we're dangerous. So basically, mix popularity with fear, and you get a regular member. That's what we mods are - regular members. And also, I hate grey, but we just recently had a colour change, so I doubt we'd get another.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • *still waiting for someone good to represent* And dont forget I get 10% of all your earnings XD

We need to add another benefit to the president this time around maybe like a mod for a day pass or sometin like that....and if they abuse it they get banned :)

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • Mod for a day? Ugh. I, like the other mods, earned the power that we have. Even if it's only for 24 hours, I'm not going to let some random person come in and get what took me this long to earn. Mod for a day is pathetic, and also offensive to us mods.

And Kevin, do you know what mod is short for? Moderator. That's what we do, moderate PC. Nothing less, nothing more. Popularity has nothing to do with being a mod. In fact, some mods get flamed about 5x more than regular members, just for doing their jobs.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Phoenix Zero said:
    Mod for a day? Ugh. I, like the other mods, earned the power that we have. Even if it's only for 24 hours, I'm not going to let some random person come in and get what took me this long to earn. Mod for a day is pathetic, and also offensive to us mods.

And Kevin, do you know what mod is short for? Moderator. That's what we do, moderate PC. Nothing less, nothing more. Popularity has nothing to do with being a mod. In fact, some mods get flamed about 5x more than regular members, just for doing their jobs.
    I agree what is just dumb.Mods are just like everyobody.They dont get special treatment.

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
  • Phoenix Zero said:
    Mod for a day? Ugh. I, like the other mods, earned the power that we have. Even if it's only for 24 hours, I'm not going to let some random person come in and get what took me this long to earn. Mod for a day is pathetic, and also offensive to us mods.

Flamed by LOTs of people. That means LOTS of people know who they are XD

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Although I never agree with Ty, I have to say that this time I do. Us mods, do get flamed alot. You know how many bad reps I've gotten from new members who join and automatically bash me. ANd that time where a whole mod flamed me. As well as pm spam, and if you do your job they'll just give ya bad rep or pm you saying you are, well things im not even gonna say here.
    Moderating PC is a task we are offered, which we can accept to do it or not. For those who choose to, we did it not for the so called "fame" it gets us, but because we enjoy and would like to keep PC clean from spam and spammers. We are just doing our duties as moderators. We are just like anyone else except with a duty that is set upon us.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Okay, just because I have all those green lights doesn't mean I am known, sicne if you wanna see all my commenst they are all from the same people who know me, which is like a total 15. And soem of them are bad reps who are not counted since the user just joined.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Dark Sora said:
    Bad rep? Look at all the good rep all of you mods have.
    No offense Kevin but why are you so annoyed about this.People will vote for you for who you are,not your poistion.

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
  • MegaDitto said:
    No offense Kevin but why are you so annoyed aout this.People will vote fro you fro who you are,vot your poustion.

I'm not annoyed o.O I'm just saying that mods are popular. And I dont really care if people vote for me. It's all fun XP

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Well, not all mods have much good rep and good rep does not mean popularity. Besides, if he talks about insults he refers to PMs as well, which I don't think people make compliments to them by PMs xD

Anyways yeah, I can imagine how hard being a staff member can be because I have some people I know who have been insulted by being fair doing their job. I guess its just the other side of modship...

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • If you are not annoyed than why do you keep saying that always? I know tahst your opinion, and we all have ours but if you think mods are popular then you are wrong. Not ALL mods are as you say popular. In my case I never asked for any popularity or fame when I got modded, and when Im on PC I only do my job which is mod teh fourm I do and nothing more, then only post around from time to time. And to answer to you:
    Flamed by LOTs of people. That means LOTS of people know who they are XD
    Flamed by LOTs of people - Yes there are users who join PC only for spam or to piss off someone.
    That means LOTS of people know who they are - LOTS? Um.. no. Those bad reps come form users who hate us or think we do a bad job or are just trying to get in anyone's head by just spamming.
    Bad rep? Look at all the good rep all of you mods have.
    Bad rep - we get them just as any regular member gets them.
    Look at all the good rep all of you mods have - We get good rep just as anyone gets theirs. We don't ask for them. Or have asked as some memebrs did in the past by asking in their signatures.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Dark Sora said:
    I'm not annoyed o.O I'm just saying that mods are popular. And I dont really care if people vote for me. It's all fun XP
    Of course.Their name is in sliver its noticeable but not all member like the mods.Like one member hated Alex for being a Bi.Mods are just like any other member.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • NiNGi said:
    Well, not all mods have much good rep and good rep does not mean popularity. Besides, if he talks about insults he refers to PMs as well, which I don't think people make compliments to them by PMs xD

Anyways yeah, I can imagine how hard being a staff member can be because I have some people I know who have been insulted by being fair doing their job. I guess its just the other side of modship...
    Well said. And you are right, trhe good compliments are given to us by rep, as well as bad ones, but we get more pms that are form spammers who say we are doing a bad job. And as we all know. "REPUTATION" does not mean you are popular. Same as post ocunts don't eman a memebr is popular. Popularity is nothing but a word that is usually missed used.

MegaDitto said:
    Of course.Their name is in sliver its noticeable but not all member like the mods.Like one member hated Alex for being a Bi.Mods are just like any other member.
    I know you mean good, but MD can you not bring that up here. Its something I don't wana go through again.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Alexiz said:
    I know you mean good, but MD can you not bring that up here. Its something I don't wana go through again.
    Sorry about that.I was proving a point.Just because they are mods Kevin dees not change people view of them.

Years
  • This is not a mod debate.Look at my rep alot of members have way higher rep then I do, I could care less.Any of you have the same chance as we did of becoming a mod.You just goota srtive for it and work hard.
    In the long im sure that we still are gonna be able to run for president.So lets get back on topic and quit pointing out that some mods are more popular around the forum and what not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back