• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PokeCommunity Election #2 Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
  • Its not like I am saying "I wanna run" just because I ran last time. But if we are allowed and I considered, Im not gonna go of and bride anyone or literally force them to vote for me jsut because, sicne I know this was what happended with some of the members who ran and :coughmadeitfacough: They know who tehy are, but a clean race its nice but you guys know that in life there is nothing as "clean" ever. I know people are gonan do the same this election as they did before. If you think mods shouldn't run go ahead don't have run mods, but you also have to know the fact that if you are against a mod running and if tehy run, there are gonna be people who are nto voting for one and some that will vote for them.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Ok, now I have to understand one thing:

What do you people want from a president?? What has the president got to do in PC??

I can't understand whether you want to become presidents for popularity or being a president has a more "mature" meaning than fame... what's the president's role?

I just know that if its only for popularity and fame, I don't want to get involved with it at all... ?.?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Alexiz said:
    Not trying to say anything bad, but MD doesn't it taht in every post you make you agree with anything anyone says? And Wouldn't allowing mods to run in the next be like the same as now? Since come next election people are gonna have the same problem.
    No its not that.I am saying that mods should run but not always.Members should get a chance to just run with with just members.

Years
  • Maybe there should be separate elections? One for Mods and admins, and one for regular members. And then once both elections are over, it'll be a member vote from the Mod winner and member winner to see who can be the President. and who will be the Vice President?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Moonlight Dreams said:
    Maybe there should be separate elections? One for Mods and admins, and one for regular members. And then once both elections are over, it'll be a member vote from the Mod winner and member winner to see who can be the President. and who will be the Vice President?
    Yes that is a wonderfun idea.But there are only 28 mods.Not a lot.

Years
  • Yeah true. But that way, least there wouldn't be anymore arguements over the whole "Election thing". But it's not too much of a bad idea. Besides, if there are only 28 mods, then if some of them run for President, the election won't take that long, right?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Moonlight Dreams said:
    Yeah true. But that way, least there wouldn't be anymore arguements over the whole "Election thing". But it's not too much of a bad idea. Besides, if there are only 28 mods, then if some of them run for President, the election won't take that long, right?
    Yeah it would not but that's is up to the staff.

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
  • They just shouldnt run at all. Dude, they can change the color of their name, if they want. Even though they all have to vote on the color XDBut they still get to vote on hat color they want their name to be. It's no fair. Members should be the only ones to run. If mos cant run for president, 2 lucky members will be able to have sexy colored names! XD

Years
  • But Kevvy, then it shall become most unfair to the Mods. Everyone deserves the right to run for president, mod or not. But I still think it would be a good idea if we had separate elections for the Mods and members.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    ACM said:
    no, you can enter now, voting starts in mid-march to april 1st. ^^
    *dies* no no, the voting isn't until the end of april and votes are counted start of may. Campaigning would be good to start mid-march..campaigning for 2 months is a long time @.@

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I've had my numbers messed up multiple times. What do you expect Claire, me to be "^.^;;" all over?

And like last year, it'll run in a normal fashion.
    a. Potential canidates will be able to PM me with their applications come the beginning of March. Applications will be accepted March 1st to March 7th.
    b. On March 8th, I will post the primaries. The primary voting will last for a week, like before. People will have the ability to vote for three of the numerous canidates March 8th thru March 18th. Then, the thread will be locked and the final runners will be chosen.
    c. March 19th, when the final runners are posted, is the start of the final campaigning. After last time, and seeing that a full month is too much time, it'll be a tad less this time. Then what comes?
    d. April 15th, is when the final voting thread will be posted. Voting will last... until the 30th.
    e. May 1st, the final counts will be in. And I'll post the winners, and that'll be it - they can then go about contacting Higher Staff for their gifts. ^_~

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Sounds great, Greg. Now if I can just remember to PM you sometime next week... XD

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • *shakes head* Jealousy, jealousy. We mods patrol the board, keeping it spam-free; clean and tidy. We don't get fame out of becoming a mod - we simply do our jobs. So, because we're doing everybody a favour by keeping PC clean means that we're not allowed to run, and actually have a shot at true fame? No logic behind that. No logic whatsoever. If you don't want a mod to win, then don't vote for a mod. Simple as that. No need to start blabbering on about how we have to keep the forums clean while you just sit back and browse PC carelessly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back