• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Let's Fish for Feebas!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Soooo, Feebas. Feebas is quite an interesting pokemon from the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games which required a very... tricky way to fish for it.

feebas3.png

Feebas can only be found in one area which is Route 119. The trick is, he will only appear on six of the hundreds of tiles on that route. If you want to reshuffle the tiles, you'd need to change the trendy phrase in Dewford. Even so, Feebas is arguably the most difficult Pokemon to find in these games.

Even so, here are some questions!
    • Were you able to encounter Feebas?
    • How long did it take you to find one?
    • Were you able to catch one and raise it?
    • What do you think of this method of finding Feebas?

Years
  • Ahhh this brings back some annoying memories, but yeah I managed to catch a Feebas back in Emerald and grinded it out to eventually evolve it into a Milotic. Although it was tedious, I like random things like this in Pokemon, and was glad Game Freak implemented such a unique encounter method to what was really a glorified Magikarp.

Years
  • Oh goody, goody gum drops this thread makes me happy!

Yes, I was able to encounter Feebas.

No, it did not take me too long. I was held up a little when I first got to the waterside by the weather institute, maybe it took me half an hour to check every tile a few times for Feebas before I realized that I needed to go fishing higher up, he wasn't there. So I changed gears and road the bike to the area behind the waterfall and got very lucky, found him immediately on the second try.

Yes, he was a quick catch and I really took pleasure raising my Psyche. I was able to get him to evolve into Milotic almost overnight because I had another stroke of good luck that week, the berry blending master had come to town-- not the old man, the celebrity guy that they announce on the tv. So I got to go to one of his demonstrations and get perfect gold pokeblocks that I couldn't otherwise make on my own or with my friends. So I was able to give my Psyche the highest quality pokeblock, enhance Feebas' beauty to maximum and voila Milotic.

I like the old way of catching Feebas and am glad that part of the original charm was able to return in ORAS. Since Milotic is described in its pokedex as the most beautiful of all Pokemon there should be many steps involved to obtaining such a valuable pokemon. She is the holy grail. Evolving it is also a good story about not judging what the potential of something is at a glance, and what something can become with a little love. I thinks its more interesting than trading with a prism scale.

I love this balanced pokemon on my team. And thought it was a very fun idea to make Feebas/Milotic a mirror of Gyarados, where they are equal yet opposite.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've never bothered catching one. I understand the mechanic and I like it - just I don't see the point in catching one unless the pokéblock guru guy turns up to make good pokéblocks for me because otherwise I'll just ruin the poor thing and leave it beautiful but with too much sheen to evolve.

It's definitely better than doing a Chansey and giving it a 1% encounter rate plus high likelihood of fleeing and low capture rate in the Safari Zone

Years
  • I could never get one but I really wanted one. I tried in both RSE and DPP, but to no avail. I finally got it in Pokemon White years later.

Sirfetch’d

I caught a bunch of Feebas when I first played Ruby and did not know they were rare, haha. After that though, I could not seem to ever find any :(

Years
  • At first, I really did not pay attention that much to Feebas. I mean, Milotic was bomb af, but my Swampert did bomb as well. I did encounter one though. By that time, I didn't know that Feebas was THAT rare. I caught it anyways so...it was so worth it now that I think about it.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I was never able to find Feebas and I spent over a year looking for one. I ended up having a neighbor trade me a Feebas, but it had max Cuteness and couldn't evolve. It was also male, so I couldn't breed it, so my neighbor gave me a hacked Milotic which I used to breed tons of Feebas off of before releasing it. To this day, all the Feebas I have can be traced back to that Milotic and my male Swampert.

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
  • I remember I was eight and the first time I ever went fishing in that area, I found one. I thought it was hideous so I killed it.

Eight year-old me why.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I found one! I finally found one in my current save! I was incredibly lucky - I started systematically from the square under the waterfall next to the rock secret base tile, then was going to work my way across - it was in the fifth square I checked :)

So happy

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I didn't even know he was rare at first. For the longest time I had him on one of the tiles next to that little patch of land that you don't even have to surf to get to and could just fish there and get him. I reset the tiles at some point, but by that point I already had one and didn't see any need to hunt another one down since I could just breed if needed.

Back