• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Small update regarding details on the game mechanics;

Various details are coming in from impressions at the media briefing last week. Pokémon will gain EXP when a Pokémon is captured. The Pokémon Centers not only have the standard PokéMart, but will also have a place for you to change your outfit
That so cool...I wonder if someone who hates to hurt Audinos (referring to the Gen V thread) will just capture them all and release them...for Exp...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That so cool...I wonder if someone who hates to hurt Audinos (referring to the Gen V thread) will just capture them all and release them...for Exp...

That would depend on whether or not Catching them will yield the same amount as KOing them. Personally I feel that if they are captured then a small % should be deducted from the total EXP yield, though it is very nice that they are giving us EXP for a successful capture since we do still beat the opposing Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That would depend on whether or not Catching them will yield the same amount as KOing them. Personally I feel that if they are captured then a small % should be deducted from the total EXP yield, though it is very nice that they are giving us EXP for a successful capture since we do still beat the opposing Pokemon.
Yes it is.
I'm thinking maybe they'll give us half of the exp. for capturing them...which in the case of Audino is still a lot :)

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I think the EXP yielded from capturing a Pokemon will include variables such as catch rate, level, and HP (maybe). It would make sense catching a level 50 Pokemon at full health with a catch rate of 3 to obtain a good amount of EXP. I'm not saying it will be a lot, but it will be worth something.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
...YES! A bunch of times, when I meet a new pokemon, I'm like:
"Wait...is this rare? Should I catch it or KO it for XP?"

And a lot of times I'm caught between KO'ing or catching it, due to XP. Now that both have rewards, my excitement for XY just went through the roof!

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Now I know this is going to sound unbelievable, but it's completely true. About 2-3 years ago a friend and I wanted to make a Pokemon hack using all fakemon that we would create ourselves (nothing ever came of it and he and I have since gone our separate ways, but that's besides the point here).

One of our ideas for a fossil pokemon? A rock/dragon type that was based on the T-rex. We even gave it a name, Terrex (terra for its rock-typing, rex for, well, T-rex). I think our other fossil was going to be an archeopteryx (hi there Archen/Archeops!).

Now if there's a jumping ant pokemon or a diamond-covered Torkoal evolution announced in the next CoroCoro I will be convinced* that Game Freak is syphoning ideas out of mine and my friend's heads. *Puts on tin foil hat and waits*

*not seriously

Back