• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
  • Kalos fossil pokemon ROCKS!

I said it before & I'll say it again:
    I'm so PUNny!

Anyways, I've looked though the first page of this board & didn't see anything about
    the newest fossil pokemons specfically, so I decided to make this thead...

So what are your guys opinions on Tyrunt & Amura?

Me, I can't really decide... Tyrunt holds promise to be a EPIC pokemon when it evolves,
    But Amura is SO cute... I think that it's evolution will look beautiful, something like a
    quadped(4-legs) Milotic...

& I think BOTH of their abilites are very interesting...

Nakala Pri

Teerunaa is so awesome! It is so wild! Though if it's gonna be Witch-like, maybe it should be Dark/Fire. That could be better, in my mind...

BUT THEY'RE ALL SO AWESOME! :D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll probably pick Amaura over Tyrunt.

Tyrunt is ok but I haven't been clamouring for a t Rex pokemon like some people so I'm not too fussed. I'm more interested to see what Amaura evolves into.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am also interested to see what Amaura will evolve into, I love both Ice and Dragon types, right now Tyrunt is still winning for me because it is one of the few dragons we have seen so far. I really can't wait to see all the other pokemon.

It may just be me, but this generations pokemon remind me of RPG's like D&D. How it seems like at least the starters are RPG roles. We will see though.

I am a bit surprised they have not revealed any Ice types, but the fossil with the big snow area. Then again Ice types have never gotten a huge addition. All keeping under 9. So there might not me many so they don't want to reveal them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am also interested to see what Amaura will evolve into, I love both Ice and Dragon types, right now Tyrunt is still winning for me because it is one of the few dragons we have seen so far. I really can't wait to see all the other pokemon.

It may just be me, but this generations pokemon remind me of RPG's like D&D. How it seems like at least the starters are RPG roles. We will see though.
    I'm also getting that RPG feel...good thing that the Tao trio were last generation...as having them as mascots would've further enhance the RPG feel (in case anyone doesn't know Fire, Ice, and Lightning are the three basic elements of magic found in most RPG's.)

TortimerTheGrey

The Digital Sage of Gaming
    Years
  • I am a bit surprised they have not revealed any Ice types, but the fossil with the big snow area. Then again Ice types have never gotten a huge addition. All keeping under 9. So there might not me many so they don't want to reveal them.

Yeah, my guess is that there will not be all that many new Ice types in this generation. For one there are NEVER that many new pokemon added to that type and for another it has become far less useful with the introduction of Fairy type as the dragon slayer. My guess is that they will want people to use fairies this gen as opposed to ice.

I don't think we have had a ground type revealed yet either. I think it is rumored that Bunnelby will evolve into a Normal/Ground type but other than that none have been released. At least that I can remember, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Man they nerfed Ice types when you think about it, instead if buffing them. LOL

Also Tyrunt looks like an actual dinosaur designed to look like a Pokemon. Amura looks like it was designed by a 5 year old trying to make a dinosaur look cute. I'll save judgment because Amura might evolve into an Amargasaurus in the end which would be hype as ****.

Years
  • I feel like they will be more likely to introduce Pokemon who are partially Ice-typed than those who are pure Ice-type. Just my two cents.
    I sure hope so...Unova added several ice types but of those only one was was dual type...the rest were all pure...(I would criticize Hoenn in this regard as well if it weren't for it being the first to introduce pure ice types...as Kanto and Johto's were all dual typed, besides Hoenn only had one line and the other was a legendary belonging to a pure type trio).

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    We need ice type psuedo legendery.
    Tyranitar and celebi are perfect example that with a good stats you can overcome bad typing.

There are actually several types that I'd advocate to be pseudo-legendaries before Ice-type. I actually think we're long overdue for a Grass-type pseudo, not to mention Fire- or Water-type. However, Grass, to me, always seems to be the most overlooked of the starter types. I can't really remember any of the Grass starters, except for maybe Sceptile, that seemed to really gain a significant amount of traction with the fanbase. Meanwhile, everyone and their mother drools over the likes of Charizard and Blastoise and Blaziken and Feraligatr.

And Grass-type in general seems to be thought of as one of the weakest and most delicate types, I believe. Sure, it has its strengths, but also plenty of weaknesses: against Fire, Ice, Bug, Flying, and Poison. But anyway, I think that the Pokémon Company and Gamefreak should make a Grass-type Pseudo just to show people that Grass Pokémon can be badass.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I feel like they will be more likely to introduce Pokemon who are partially Ice-typed than those who are pure Ice-type. Just my two cents.

Why?

Another gen of ridiculously high evolution levels would actually make me cry oh my goodness. I don't really mind lines like Metagross that go like lv. 0 > lv. 30 > lv. 50, but stuff like lv. 0 > lv. 50 > lv. 60 is just ridiculous and should not get any more extreme. I do not want to use the baby form of a pokémon for half a century, and there's just no excuse for it taking that long to evolve.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There are actually several types that I'd advocate to be pseudo-legendaries before Ice-type. I actually think we're long overdue for a Grass-type pseudo, not to mention Fire- or Water-type. However, Grass, to me, always seems to be the most overlooked of the starter types. I can't really remember any of the Grass starters, except for maybe Sceptile, that seemed to really gain a significant amount of traction with the fanbase. Meanwhile, everyone and their mother drools over the likes of Charizard and Blastoise and Blaziken and Feraligatr.

And Grass-type in general seems to be thought of as one of the weakest and most delicate types, I believe. Sure, it has its strengths, but also plenty of weaknesses: against Fire, Ice, Bug, Flying, and Poison. But anyway, I think that the Pokémon Company and Gamefreak should make a Grass-type Pseudo just to show people that Grass Pokémon can be badass.

If theres gonna be a pseudo grass type, than the grass type starters will be even more overlook.
    And right now there are alot of great non-legendary grass type, while not as much as succesful ice-type.

tThe only solution for grass type starter to be succesful is to make them more look cooler, which is hard.

Years
  • You might've quoted the wrong post for that kind of response. :P

For me, I personally don't mind it. I understand your position, but I don't see the ultimate harm in going at least a bit further. At the most, I'd say 70-75, no more than that. Maybe I just want more of a challenge in grinding, personally. I just don't see what the fuss is about, especially if grinding is made significantly easier thanks to things like Lucky Eggs and Audino (hopefully that sticks around this generation, if not some sort of Audino-esque Pokemon).
    If they are to do that they should at least spread the evolutions...for example have the first one evolution at level 37 and the other at level 65 or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    If theres gonna be a pseudo grass type, than the grass type starters will be even more overlook.
    And right now there are alot of great non-legendary grass type, while not as much as succesful ice-type.

The only solution for grass type starter to be succesful is to make them more look cooler, which is hard.

There are plenty of popular and successful Ice-types. Walrein, Beartic, Dewgong, Cloyster, Weavile, Glaceon, Froslass, Glalie, and Mamoswine, just to name a few, are all Pokémon that, when handled correctly, can be very effective in battle. Some of these Ice-types also have dual types and abilities that balance out some of Ice's weaknesses. For Walrein, for example, being a Water-type neutralizes the effect it would receive from Fire-type attacks. Also, with Thick Fat, it gains even more resistance to Fire-type attacks. Again, Froslass is made immune to Fighting-type attacks due to its secondary Ghost-type.

Also Ice-type, strategically speaking, is more advantageous than Grass-type. Ice is weak to just as many types as it is strong against. Its weak to four types–Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel–while also being strong against four types–Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon. Grass on the other hand is only strong against three types–Water, Ground, and Rock (and a resistance to Electric)–while being weak against five types–Fire, Flying, Ice, Bug, and Poison.

Also, a Grass-type Pseudo Legendary wouldn't necessarily detract from the Grass starter. That really depends on a number of factors: aesthetics, availability, etc. And again, I wasn't necessarily talking about the Grass starters, but the Grass-type in general. A bunch of the Grass starters already do look cool and can be useful in battle. Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior all had really cool, unique looks. Grass, as a type, however, gets bad PR and has too many weaknesses compared to the other starter types. What they need to do is either make some very high-stat Grass Pokémon that aren't Legendaries, such as a Pseudo-legendary, or retcon the Grass type to not have as many weaknesses. I honestly don't even get Grass' weakness to Flying-types. I mean, when was the last time you saw a bird go toe-to-toe with a plant? If anything, birds and flying creatures depend on plants for their survival. They make their homes in trees and other types of plants and depend on plants as a source of food in many scenarios.

Years
  • A new collaboration trailer showcasing much of what we've already seen and a little more:

I have to say, this trailer although it is a recap, it does show off a few new things. I love how Rhyhorn can break rocks (and no I don't think it's using Rock Smash) and Skiddo can jump ledges. Maybe I'd love using the riding Pokemon feature after all. And the customization screen looks really good, it hasn't disappointed us one bit.

And Marill was seen using a new Fairy-type attack? About time we saw a new physical Fairy attack that it should be able to make use of. And Orotto got hit super-effectively by Flareon's Fire attack so I'm sorta thinking it might be a Grass-type or part Grass-type.

Back