• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen RNG Manipulation

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Has anyone ever tried this shiny hunting method? (Landing on a certain target frame to get an ideal shiny Pokemon)

It's apparently possible on real hardware. I don't quite understand it, so I have not. But, I've seen YouTubers do it.

The tldr is 3rd gen is broken & everything starts on the same frame or something.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Has anyone ever tried this shiny hunting method? (Landing on a certain target frame to get an ideal shiny Pokemon)

It's apparently possible on real hardware. I don't quite understand it, so I have not. But, I've seen YouTubers do it.

The tldr is 3rd gen is broken & everything starts on the same frame or something.
    I've used this method on gens 3, 4, and 5 to catch/hatch shiny Pokémon. It's possible on the actual GBA/DS hardware with zero cheating devices, but you typically have to use a computer program to assist you with finding the frame. I used to be pretty good at RNG manipulation if anyone had any specific questions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • After I finished my SBQ on Ultra Moon, I've started messing with RNG manipulation on that save. It was a lot easier than what I would asume. But it didn't felt that rewarding as getting shinies the proper way.

Back