• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Checking for refresher update crash

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Hey guys :D

I've never played this game or installed it before on my laptop, but when i did decide to download it I've just got stuck on this Checking for refresher update window the bar never moves and i've left it "checking" for hours on end to no prevail. if someone has a fix for this that would actually be amazing i've been getting so angry about it... :((

Please help

EDIT: I'm currently running windows 8.1

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    also i've tried reinstalling every possible solution i could find online i've tried and nothing works!

Years
  • also i've tried reinstalling every possible solution i could find online i've tried and nothing works!

Uninstall the application using Programs and Features or the Uninstall option from the start menu.

Navigate with windows explorer to the following directories and delete all content (where %user% is your user login) :

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Temp\The Pok__mon Company International\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\LocalLow\The Pok__mon Company International\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer\Cache\The Pok__mon Company International_Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline

Empty the Recycle bin

That will fix your problem in 99% of cases, unless your computer wasn't even powerful enough to run the game in the first place.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Uninstall the application using Programs and Features or the Uninstall option from the start menu.

Navigate with windows explorer to the following directories and delete all content (where %user% is your user login) :

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Temp\The Pok__mon Company International\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\LocalLow\The Pok__mon Company International\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer\Cache\The Pok__mon Company International_Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline

Empty the Recycle bin

That will fix your problem in 99% of cases, unless your computer wasn't even powerful enough to run the game in the first place.

just tried this, it didn't work as expected.. My pc is pretty new and it runs LoL in like 140 Fps i can't see why it wouldn't be able to run Pokemon TCG :/

Years
  • Actually specifically go to the c:\users\morgan\AppData folder and then find the relevant folders folders that way and delete them. Windows Search is actually pretty useless when it comes to trying to remove stuff from the AppData folders.

Do this after uninstalling the program via Programs and Features.

And then reboot before you try reinstalling.

Back