• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Genome OOC (T)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Sorry i posted on the Text thread. i'm not used to this format. please forgive me.

Character Name: Alex Patterson

Character age: 16 (almost 17)

Character gender: Male

Character appearance: Short, lanky, and not very broad, but strong for his size, about 5'5". Has long, well-kept brown hair that reaches his shoulders, and sharp, pale green eyes that match a small thin face. He has multiple scars on his biceps and back from hard labor.

Character personality: Alex, despite his upbringing, is a overly polite person who often goes out of his way to be courteous to strangers. Despite being a pessimist and existentialist, he is driven and works hard to get what he wants or needs. Still, Alex is very disconnected from most people, aside his siblings whom he knows he can trust wholeheartedly, and takes an unpleasant attitude to people who betray his trust. He is an introvert but can be quite conversive when communicating to a single person. The library in canalave city tends to be his sanctuary, where he can study and digest material for his Advanced Placement classes in school.

Character story: Alex was born in Jublife city, where his mother and father worked in the Entertainment industry as producers for many TV shows, but due to both the death of his father and the failure of an extremely expensive production, He, his mother, and 3 younger siblings all had to move into the industrial Canalave city where she worked her way up in the Local Gym's Managerial staff. This job brought in little money for the family, so being the oldest Alex had to get many jobs in the shipyards doing odd jobs such as unloading the heavy crates and cleaning the sea life off the bottoms of ships. Despite this, Alex was able to attend one of the most prestigious schools in Sinnoh, and studied heavily to hopefully one day become a Pokémon researcher. He would often go to the library to study and absorb the ancient knowledge left in the books forgotten by many. Unfortunately, a creature of habit and often alone, Alex was kidnaped in an alleyway on his way home from the library late at night.

Pokémon: Gallade; Alex's long hours at the shipyards made him strong, but his time learning and studying kept him smart. His personality also matches Gallades due to his courteous nature.
    Test environment: another white and clean room, but built much like the coliseum, where obstacles, enemy Pokémon, and physical restraints could be put on from a distance I would prefer this also be the room I stay/live in.

Preference in tester {Optional}: 5'7" brown hair and a neat, thick beard, lab coat & blue shirt with navy tie, Jeans, and a pair of Rectangular sunglasses obscuring his face. Make sure that the tester is a "lawful evil" type of character.

NPC's {Optional}: I would like it if there were NPCs adjacent from me, preferably another psychic, so that I could have communication between them. (If not allowed, please ignore.)

Tolerance to other test subjects: fine with 1 or 2 other people, but will begin to withdraw from social interaction if more.

Miscellaneous: do you mind if character is homosexual? I want to add a bit of drama to story.

No, the text format is fine, and it's quite up to snuff, at that. I don't mind any homosexuality in the roleplay, but keep the romance T rated at maximum. My only real problem with the entry is the choice of pokemon. I've always seen gallade as one of the "cool Pokemon" (lucario, mewtwo, zoroark) and while they are admittedly cool, they're overused. A lot. I do understand that your character being a gallade is rather central to him, but I'm just pestered by your choice of Pokemon. To be frank, I think Dewott would fit him better. It seems more dockworker-ish, being aquatic and such, and being based on a samurai, a class of warrior who strive for self betterment in both mental and physical areas, seems an overall better fit for Alex. That's just my 2 cents on the situation, and if you'd like to keep gallade or some other Pokemon, that's fine. I simply ask that you follow up with a reply to this post and/or a private message.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hey, I'm thinking I'd probably be up for GMing if/when somebody else joins in. I wanted to wait a bit, since I've never done it quite like this before, but I'll give it a shot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Hey, I'm thinking I'd probably be up for GMing if/when somebody else joins in. I wanted to wait a bit, since I've never done it quite like this before, but I'll give it a shot.

Oh, good! When a roleplayer comes along who I'd think would suit you, I'll let you know, and then you can start

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Can I reserve a spot too? I am new to these roleplays but I want to try this as your roleplay's story looks good.
    If yes I'll put up my SU as soon as I know that I can Be accepted.
    Thanks a lot

Years
  • Character Name:
    Blake Kikyo
    Character age:
    Character gender:
    Male
    Character appearance:
    He doesn't go outside often, so he is pale. Long, black hair that can cover his eyes if he chose. Dark red eyes that give people the "I don't take crap" look. An average nose, really. His expression is always a bit of a scowl, and he smiles rarely. 5'9, and people often tell him that he is "as skinny as a rail". Also, he has no scars or pimples whatsoever, as he has a perfect, pale complexion.
    Character personality:
    He isn't the type of fellow to mess around with, as he is quite the guy to take literally everything seriously. But he is a very intelligent young man, and can quickly think of something if a situation happens to go bad. He almost acts emo (without the cutting himself part), and isn't the type of person to really have long conversations. He isn't hostile unless you are, so don't try to attack the guy. Because he will arrange your face differently than you remember. Surprisingly, he has a huge appetite that you cannot quench. (And it's not a bloodlust, don't worry. ... Or is it?) Blake doesn't care what everyone thinks of him, or how the commonfolk in Azalea call him "That creepy emo kid", because if he chose to, he could rearrange their bodies into positions that are just flat-out hilarious. He doesn't try to get into a tricky situation, but if it happens, then he tries to take care of it any way he can (whether it's negotiation or even more rearrangements of the common man). Yet somehow, he enjoys having someone around. Someone to either talk to (or about), or destroy completely.
    Character story:
    Blake grew up in an orphan home, after his parents left him on the steps of Olivine City's orphanage. He acted like... well, any normal child up until the age of 5. He started not to talk... and when he did, it was usually a threat. "I want to kill you" was a common one of his. Eventually, the orphanage had enough and kept him separate from the other kids. By the age of 10, he was adopted by a good family, though all he wanted was the last name Kikyo. After that, he ran off. No one knows what happened to him, although sightings of a guy with long black hair and a hood on occasionally coming out of an abandoned shack in Azalea were reported. Which, ironically, was related to how Blake was captured. As he was heading to his "home", he didn't realize that the shack he was heading for wasn't his. The ruffians who owned that hut knocked him unconscious, and no one's seen him since.
    Pokemon:
    Pawniard. The thing's just a sharp-ass creature. Why not?
    Test environment:
    Standard cell. (Did I say cell? I mean room.)
    Tolerance to other test subjects:
    Doesn't mind company, as long as they don't make him mad.
    Miscellaneous:
    DON'T. MAKE. HIM. MAD. I cannot stress this enough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Can I reserve a spot too? I am new to these roleplays but I want to try this as your roleplay's story looks good.
    If yes I'll put up my SU as soon as I know that I can Be accepted.
    Thanks a lot

Go ahead. Don't feel afraid to post up a forum submit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Character Name:
    Blake Kikyo
    Character age:
    Character gender:
    Male
    Character appearance:
    He doesn't go outside often, so he is pale. Long, black hair that can cover his eyes if he chose. Dark red eyes that give people the "I don't take crap" look. An average nose, really. His expression is always a bit of a scowl, and he smiles rarely. 5'9, and people often tell him that he is "as skinny as a rail".
    Character personality:
    He isn't the type of fellow to mess around with, as he is quite the guy to take literally everything seriously. But he is a very intelligent young man, and can quickly think of something if a situation happens to go bad. He almost acts emo (without the cutting himself part), and isn't the type of person to really have long conversations. For some reason, he does enjoy company.
    Character story:
    Blake grew up in an orphan home, after his parents left him on the steps of Olivine City's orphanage. He acted like... well, any normal child up until the age of 5. He started not to talk... and when he did, it was usually a threat. "I want to kill you" was a common one of his. Eventually, the orphanage had enough and kept him seperate from the other kids. By the age of 10, he was adopted by a good family, though all he wanted was the last name Kikyo. After that, he ran off.
    Pokemon:
    Espurr. It's just so... Blake! It looks just like something you'd normally find, but deep down it's dark and deadly.
    Test environment:
    Standard cell. (Did I say cell? I mean room.)
    Tolerance to other test subjects:
    Doesn't mind company, as long as they don't make him mad.
    Miscellaneous:
    DON'T. MAKE. HIM. MAD. I cannot stress this enough.

I can clearly tell that you want to make a sort of comedic, deadpoolish character that pertains to the humor of espurr looking like the spawn of satan.

This is not an rp for that sort of thing.

I want to take this roleplay as serious as I possibly can, and I do not believe that a satanic, stupid character based on a joke about espurr should be tolerated in this roleplay. Quite the opposite, actually. Your character's whole M.O. doesn't fit with the tone of this roleplay.

If you want to make a character that is more fleshed out, 3 dimensional, and of more fiber than the character you pitch to me, then go ahead. You could give the same overall personality to a different character, and frankly, my only real problem with your character submission is that you chose an espurr. If I were you, I'd make him a dark type. I also think that your character submission is lacking in detail. Sorry if I came on as aggressive in either of these posts. Fix those two things up, and the submission should be fine.

Years
  • If you want to make a character that is more fleshed out, 3 dimensional, and of more fiber than the character you pitch to me, then go ahead. You could give the same overall personality to a different character, and frankly, my only real problem with your character submission is that you chose an espurr. If I were you, I'd make him a dark type. I also think that your character submission is lacking in detail. Sorry if I came on as aggressive in either of these posts. Fix those two things up, and the submission should be fine.

... Oh dear. :(

Well, I wanted to make a more darker character, and... Whoops!

(Double Posting, too? .-.)

Don't worry, I fix it up. I so wanted Espurr though. I'll give a bit more detail and... no more Espurr. But... what should I use?

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Sorry if I'm too late to the RP.

Genome Test Subject Signup:
    Character Name: Nyx
    Character age: 15
    Character gender: Male
    Character appearance: Nyx is a fairly slender male, with an average build. He is 6'4 (1.9m) and has relatively short hair. His hair is straight, but slightly brown on the ends. Test subject has also been noted to be more muscular in the leg area. Subject has high amounts of stamina and can run exceptionally rapid. Subject is also known to pick fights with others. Subject is 143lbs (65kg).
    Character personality: When Subject was in human status, he was a kind yet serious person. He tended not to goof off, and wasn't much of a follower. Subject takes joy in athletics, yet still has a fit mind. The subject can handle his drink well, but tends not to get intoxicated very often. Subject is seen usually picking fights with other subjects in his cell. Subject has been relocated for this reason.
    Character story: Nyx never really had a very laid back life. He wasn't pampered, yet he was never in poverty. Nyx's father was an alchoholic, yet he tended not to get angry at his family. Nyx's mother was a researcher on Pokemon anatomy, and how they functioned. Nyx was out with his friends late at night, at the park. His two friends who acommpanied him, John and Dexter, had to go home due to how late it was. Nyx decided it might be a good idea to leave aswell. While making his trip back home, Nyx was ambushed by two strangely dressed men who resembled scientists. After attempting to free himself from one who was holding him, the other knocked him out with chloroform.
    Pokemon: After the substrate had been injected into Nyx, he turned into a [Scrafty]. Nyx was always a headstrong and serious person. Scrafty had been the most viable option, as Scrafty's main use of assault, are its legs. Scrafty can also shoot an acidic liquid from its mouth. Scrafty is a serious type of pokemon. While the height and weight is a serious drop for the Subject, the personalities of the two are a fine match.
    Test environment: After Nyx had become a Scrafty, he was kept in a mountainy/plains area, secluded from most pokemon.
    Preference in tester{Optional}: I have no prefferences to my tester.
    NPCs{Optional}: I will not need any NPC.
    Tolerance to other test subjects: I would appreciate another test subject with me, so as the place would not be boring.
    RP sample {Optional}: I have not participated in any roleplays on the Pokecommunity forums.

Years
  • Apologies, guys, but I decided to drop out. Became quite busy in life and I can't constantly update as much as I'd like to. Sorry! :(

Back