• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
  • Trying to install the Citra 3DS emulator on my PC (a desktop with Win10 64-bit, 8 GB of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card I had installed last year) for the first time. I have zero experience compiling code from scratch, but hope to get Citra running so that I can play Gen6/Gen7 Pokémon games on this computer. (Yes, I've seen several YouTubers do just that; I've downloaded both the emulator .zip and some decrypted *.3ds files, but don't own a working 3DS or Gateway device.)

Is it still possible to get Citra installed and running on my machine...and will the resulting build do what I've seen on YouTube? If anybody's able to walk me through it, please do!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2017
    Pokemon Roms On GBA4IOS Problems

So this is my first post here on pokecommunity. So exciting! My problem is that I'm running a version of the pokemon hack Ultra Violet on GBA4IOS. It's my favorite pokemon game ever. Like seriously amazing. My problem is that I can't seem to be able to find a way to patch it with the latest version. I'm not sure how to do it to my phone through my computer and I haven't found any other way to do it. If anyone could find the ability to take some time out of their day to help me that'd be amazing. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2017
    I need help with pokemon snakewood i tried randomizing it but it says on the error note "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 65535
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.Gen3RomHandler.getIngameTrades(Gen3RomHandler.java:2856)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.Randomizer.randomize(Randomizer.java:483)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.gui.RandomizerGUI$3.run(RandomizerGUI.java:195"

does any one know how 2 fix it

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I know this thread is kind of "old" but I'm having a minor problem on my HG on DeSuMe. After I beat Lance, the credit rolls in and soon afterward "The End" comes up. Then I started waiting in the whole black screen to see if it will continuing on. But it doesn't, how do I continue on to Kanto after the Credits? I searched a bit, is it because I need to save the game ? But how do you continue if the saves are from the states. Thanks in ADV

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • NDS games on 3DS via SD-Card?

So, I'm trying to get a couple of Pokémon games from the NDS to play on the 3DS (mostly randomized) and I'm trying to figure out how to play it.

I've been looking online tutorials to get it done, but they tend to confuse me a bit :\

Thought I'd ask it here, maybe someone could tell me?
    (also not 100% sure if this is right section to ask it)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Thank you for answering!

Edit:Will I patch it with the ROM I hack?
    (I'm such a dumb when it comes to things like this. Goodness

To share your hack, you'll have to create a patch of it based on a clean ROM of whichever game you're hacking. If you want to use a ROM base or play a hack, you'll have to apply a patch on a clean base ROM.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    .Ips file Patcher

Hello all,
    I'm making a Pokemon LeafGreen Rom Hack and it is almost ready. After a few more fixes, I just need to patch the .gba file to a .ips one. Does anyone know of any tools to get this done? Gen 3 Rom hacking tools are way outdated, and a bunch of websites where you can find the necessary tools to do this are gone.

If anyone has anything for this, thank you.

~ Sulfurous

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I need help

I'm sorry to bother you guys with this and I don't really know where to post this but I need help finding a V1 Ruby rom because I need it for patching a couple rom hacks that I downloaded
    all I can find on Google is V 1.1 which doesn't work so if someone could help that would be appreciated! :)

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    We can't help you with that. Linking to any kind of ROMs on this forum is strictly against the rules.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I don't know how to get patched roms to work
    I'm trying to load Ruby hacks on a GBA emulator for Android (MyBoy!) but it either gives me a white screen or the emulator completely locks up
    I'm about to give up on trying

**edit** I found a different Ruby rom that I had downloaded a long time ago that ended up working

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Gen 1 VC Save Editing without 3ds hack?

Is it possible to edit the save of the virtual console games without hacking the 3ds? I have every file copied to my computer from my SD card. I've seen a lot of responses on other sites talking about a program you put into the 3ds but I don't really want to go that route and the file I thought would be responsible for the save may not actually be it or is different from an actual save from the original games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    I'm thinking about getting a programmable flash cart that I can put a rom or hack onto but The ones I've looked at all lack a real time clock. I own a game boy color, a ds lite and a 3ds. Is there any flash cart for any of these (I understand that I can't play game boy advance and after on a game boy color) that has a real time clock or is there some way to hack gen 2-3 Roms to not require a real time clock to function?

Or if there's absolutely no way to hack the real time clock function, what is the best flash cart for each system and can gba ones be played through the ds gba port? I'm kinda considering just using pokered for game boy and then my wip hack for gba, neither require a clock.

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there a way to change the values of Height and Width from imperial to metric units?

I think it can be done by hex editing, since the original values are already in metric units IIRC. What and where it needs to be changed is the issue.

This is for FireRed, by the way.

Back