• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tiny Tourney announced: participants get Galladite, Gardevoirite and Lopunnite

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/c22b4e19-b47d-4bad-8919-34c81fa3082e
    detail_en_c22b4e19-b47d-4bad-8919-34c81fa3082e.jpg

Anyone who does this will be awarded with Galladite, Gardevoirite and Lopunnite. In order to get them, one must do at least three battles to qualify for a spot in the rankings.

Rules
    Double Battle format
    Pokemon from the National Pokedex can be used.
    Megas are not allowed
    All Pokemon must be smaller than 3'03'' to qualify
    All other rules pertaining to competitions apply

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Going to be interesting to see how these megas fare in OU once released. Mega Gallade was never great and only niche. It's pretty outclassed by Mega Medicham and I don't see that changing this gen. Mega Gardevoir seems to be an inferior Lele in every way. It has slightly better speed, but no access to terrain or an item so it doesn't even seem worth wasting your mega slot on when Lele is free to slide into any team. Lastly, Lopunny. Lopunny was one of the most dominant megas of ORAS. It was pretty good on any offensive team. However, I don't see that staying the same now. It has a poor matchup against a lot of the new Pokemon, such as the Tapus. Psychic Terrain makes spamming Fake Out not as easy and just in general seems outclassed, but we shall see I suppose.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Lopunny was one of the most dominant megas of ORAS. It was pretty good on any offensive team. However, I don't see that staying the same now. It has a poor matchup against a lot of the new Pokemon, such as the Tapus. Psychic Terrain makes spamming Fake Out not as easy and just in general seems outclassed, but we shall see I suppose.

To be honest, Lopunny doesn't even need Fake Out anymore due to the new Mega Evolution mechanics, thus freeing up a slot for some more coverage. But despite this, as you said, it's going to fare less well this time around - Tapu Lele for example will just kill it completely, but it'll probably stay in OU due to its stats and amazing movepool that allows it to get at its checks.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Mega Lopunny will still probably want Fake Out most of the time imo. Allows for sufficient chip damage on a lot of less bulky threats. I agree with all that's been said about them though, for as long as Tapu Lele is in OU it'll outclass Mega Gardevoir and hinder the usage of Mega Lopunny. As far as Mega Gallade goes, I think it'll be overpowered in UU again, as not a whole lot has dropped that would actually threaten it, other than Clefable. It wrecks Bisharp, one of the new threats. But like the other two, it simply won't be good enough to see usage in OU. I expect all of them to be BL before long. If some of these Fairy types either start to see drops in usage or are banned (i.e., Tapu Lele) then potentially Gard/Lopunny could end up OU again.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Baton Pass Bunny was useful but that's gone too.

I think Lopunny will suffer because High Jump Kick is resisted by dominant Tapus and Return is...well Return.

Gardevoir will make for a great doubles partner as it did before. Singles? Lele outshines it, Psychic Terrain is too good.

Gallade is Gallade.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Finally! I've been waiting for Gardevoirite more than any other Mega Stone, as it's my favourite. Unfortunately Hyper Voice will be illegal again. =/

Sirfetch’d

Finally! I've been waiting for Gardevoirite more than any other Mega Stone, as it's my favourite. Unfortunately Hyper Voice will be illegal again. =/

Why would Hyper Voice be illegal?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • As far as I knew Gen 6 Move Tutors weren't allowed in competitive play. I'm not as active on the battling scene nowadays so maybe I'm mistaken.

They're allowed.

I think Battle Spot has its own rules that bans them but it's not because of the moves, I think it's because they came from a past generation.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    As far as I knew Gen 6 Move Tutors weren't allowed in competitive play. I'm not as active on the battling scene nowadays so maybe I'm mistaken.

They are allowed. You just wouldn't be able to have a Pokemon that had, say, a Gen 6 tutor move and a Gen 7 egg move, since that wouldn't be attainable in game.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm really glad Lopunny is returning. We need more Pokemon that can revenge kill Greninja. I'm doubtful that it'll struggle that much in the current metagame. The Tapus aren't a big problem: Fini is worn down easily and 3HKOed by Return, offensive Bulu is 2HKOed, and Lele and Koko are OHKOed after some chip damage. However, Scarfers seem more common this gen (including Lele as others have said), but that hasn't stopped Koko or M Alakazam from seeing usage. HJK / Return / Drain Punch / PUP seems like the best moveset to me. Ice Punch is alright for Lando and Chomp, but their defensive movesets are less common this gen and they can be worn down.

Hard to say what will happen to Gardevoir. Hyper Voice is more spammable than Psychic/Psyshock due to the lack of immunities, but Celesteela and Magearna take less damage. Unlike Lele, Gardevoir can burn its checks, though.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    They're all released now. Our server will have them this evening. Thoughts?

I take back what I said about Lopunny's moveset. HJK / Return / Fake Out / Ice Punch will probably be the best. Fake Out is too crucial for speed control. Lopunny's excels against offense and Fake Out capitalizes on that. Rocky Helmet was the most common item on Landorus-T during May, and it'll likely see even more use with Lopunny around. Ice Punch is arguably too important to give up in that case. In the end I think it might depend on how popular offensive Landorus-T will be in the future. If people still use offensive Landorus-T a lot, Ice Punch might not be necessary. Zygarde is relevant too, but it's easy to wear down anyway.

Back