• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Fool's Gold: A hack of Crystal where everything is familiar, yet different...

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I forgot tk mention that I did catch a crosola, but is it really any good? I'm assuming the base stats haven't been altered too much.
    You can see all locations, movesets and the altered stats (not many were altered) in the google doc that was posted some posts above. So yes, Corsola isn't that great. There aren't many fire types in Johto it seems, but you can trade an Abra for Tyrogue in goldenrod dept store.
    Spoiler:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Ayee so i explored the newly added areas around Johto and i absolutely loved them! Out of curiosity, are there any newly added areas in Kanto? I'm not very close to finishing Johto yet, so i thought I'd ask.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    To Inner Rhymes... Fire type is definitely one of the more sparse types in Johto. As others have mentioned, Corsola is available on Route 46, and two of the Kanto starters, available in Tumbleweed Town, are Fire type. Apart from those, you can hatch Cleffa from the Odd Egg if you're lucky; Scyther is a 1% chance on Route 33; Dunsparce is in Mt. Mortar (1% chance but becomes more common as you move farther in); Growlithe is on Route 44 (extremely common at night, and you can also catch Arcanine in Victory Road). There are also a few ways to get Tyrogue (from Kiyo in Mt. Mortar or by trading for Abra in Goldenrod, or by breeding Hitmontop from Route 49) which you can evolve into Hitmonchan with a Fire Stone.

Additionally, there are no new areas in Kanto yet but that's definitely on the list for the future. For the upcoming update 1.2 we are adding new moves, overhauling movesets and base stats, and adding in some more new locations, including the areas from HGSS west of Cianwood.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    With 1.2 I finally beat the e4 (not really saying "finished it" before I am done with Kanto). I'll put most of this behind a spoiler tag, since not everyone wants to see the new designs.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    hi!! noting that you changed shiny odds, do shinies still rely on IVs as usual for gen2? I'm wondering if I can still use a male red gyarados to help breed shinies since I'd love a shiny totodile. (also I absolutely adore totodile in this, it's my fav starter generally but now it's my fav type as well? 10/10)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2020
    Will there be an update coming out soon or should i just go ahead and play this now? Also the google docs and google drive I don't have access to? Was this a mistake or am i doing something wrong?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Will there be an update coming out soon or should i just go ahead and play this now? Also the google docs and google drive I don't have access to? Was this a mistake or am i doing something wrong?

I don't know about soon, but from what I've read on the discord, there are plans to implement the Sevii islands as extended post game, not to mention new areas as well. Also, I suggest you join the discord to keep yourself regularly updated since the developers aren't very active on the Pokécommunity.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    hey new to it and absolutely love it!!

But i have some struggle thoughts with a lot evolutions out there.
    Is there any evolution guide or something where it shows how diffrent pokemon will evolve?

Like the nidorans what kind of stones do they need if they still do?
    Growlite still firestone?
    Whats with all the trade pokemon?

Please help!

Years
  • Just finished conquering Mt. Silver! It'll probably be a while before I can manage to beat that mysterious trainer.
    Anyways, this was SUCH an awesome hack! I caught everything I came across - all the Pokemon had great designs. By far, my favorite is Golduck (like, SOUSAPHONE THAT'S AWESOME.)
    Congrats on the super fun hack! I look forward to a future update. Also, take a close look in the Google docs were you download the patch - there is an evolution guide if you dig deep enough.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Is there any difficulty enhancements?

I've spoiled myself with Kaizos and Draynos hacks lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    I am loving this game. The changes to the pokemon are awesome. So far I have two shinies. Furret which I caught as sentret and yanma.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • This game featured fresh changes that made me consider Pokemon I usually overlook, in that regard it is good.
    Was the Physical/Special split featured? I do not think so... Although the use of some further gen moves suggest it.

I've found some oddities regarding Pokemon stats versus their typing (ex: Kingler being Electric while still having ATK > SPA) or in the moveset distribution (ex: Bug-type attacks in Sneasel). But overall not too annoying.

I was overlevelled a bit after obtaining the 4th badge due to my grinding method: all 6 Pokemons in my team must stay at same level. The two extra towns at that point of the game were interesting to grab a few more 'mons. I would say the difficulty being too "easy" has lasted only for a while, for the trainers at Cianwood's safari and the legendaries were a bit tedious, which was enjoyable. After doing the Legendary Pokemon quests, I've headed to Pokemon League. And there, after beating a rival that was some 5 levels under mine, I got crushed anyway by the Elite 4, so I guess I have a bit more training to do. I grew so curious of all the mons present, that I will change teams after beating Elite 4, with a brand new team for beating Kanto and Red.

Overall not bad but the difficulty curve could use some re-polishing. Thanks for the experience :)

And btw @Dankroska1, to get the multi exp. you trade the red scale with Mr. Pokemon in the early game route. You get the Red Scale after beating the Red Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If anyone can link me to the 1.3 patch, with a guide on how to patch it on my phone it would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hey can anyone tell me where's the best place for grinding here? I'm kinda stuck here coz the Gym Leaders of Kanto r quite strong.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I really enjoy this hack. Just started, but is there a list of pokemon BST? Some clearly got a change (like Chikorita) but others (like Hoot Hoot) didn't.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Yo the spritework is cleaaaannnnn. I'm super jealous too because I've been wanting to make a Gen II hack for a while but I'm a bit intimidated by PokeCrystal.

Years
    • Age 28
    • He/Him
    • Brazil
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hi there! I'm absolutely LOVING the game, even caught two shinies so far! However, I got stuck for some reason.

After I talked to Jasmine in the lighthouse, I got to Cianwood and the pharmacist only offers to sell me stuff, with no mention of the sick Pokémon. Is this a known glitch? What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Back