• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help sweeping

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2018
    Looking for some advice. I need more offence. My 3 Pokemon I want to keep are Dragonite Sable and Steelix. I am currently also using Gengar and Salazzle and Toxapex. Gengar and Salazzle have been disappointing and I'm not sold on Toxapex either.

Mega Sable
    Toxic
    Will o wisp
    Recover
    Snarl/knock off

Steelix
    Chesto berry
    Gyro ball
    Curse
    Rest
    Toxic/Stealth rock

Dragonite (Max hp) (Max special D)
    Leftovers
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Roost
    Earthquake

Toxapex
    Black sludge
    Baneful bunker
    Liquidation
    Toxic spikes
    Recover

Salazzle
    Focus sash/life orb
    Venoshock
    Fake out
    Flamethrower
    Nasty plot

Gengar
    Focus sash/life orb/air balloon
    Sludge bomb
    Hex
    Energy Ball
    Dazzling Gleam

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What tier is this team in? If this is OU, Dragonite faces stiff competition from Zygarde as a Dragon Dance sweeper because the former has a very spammable attack in Thousand Arrows. Salazzle is straight up outclassed by Volcarona because of the latter?s better coverage options and access to Quiver Dance. Steelix is also outclassed by Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Celesteela as a defensive Steel type because the latter has a better set of resistances.

If you?re using Toxapex on an offensive team, you?re doing it wrong because it?s way too passive for that kind of team. It?s better in stall teams. However, Mega Sableye and Ferrothorn are good teammates for Toxapex, so that?s already a good start:

Sableye:
    -Knock Off
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Protect
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SpD
    Item: Sablenite
    Ability: Prankster

Item removal is more useful than a Special Attack drop.

Toxapex:
    -Scald
    -Haze
    -Toxic/Toxic Spikes
    -Recover
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SpD
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Regenerator

Scald has to be Toxapex?s offensive attack because of the potential to burn physical attackers.

Ferrothorn, Skarmory, or Celesteela should be your Steel of choice:

Ferrothorn:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip
    -Gyro Ball/Knock Off/Protect
    Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SpD
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Celesteela:
    -Heavy Slam
    -Flamethrower
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 248 HP/104 Def/156 SpD
    Item: Leftovers

Skarmory:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Brave Bird/Counter
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
    Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Sturdy

I?ll add in possible teammates another time.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If you want to sweep with Dragonite, how you have it set up right now is not terribly good for that role. A possibly better way would be something like:

Dragonite @ Flyium Z
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    -Dragon Dance
    -Fly
    -Extreme Speed
    -Earthquake/Fire Punch

You can also try to run it with Weakness Policy (or even a different Z Crystal) and swap Fly for some other attacking move--use both Fire Punch and Earthquake, slot in one of the other elemental punches, etc. Not Outrage though. Never really liked Outrage in a Fairy-infested meta.

The team also requires hazard control since you're using Dragonite. It really doesn't want to take damage when switching in so Multiscale is not broken, which it really needs intact to start setting up. Mega Sableye can help prevent hazards from being set, but you need more of a guarantee than that really. There's a number of things that can learn Defog or Rapid Spin, so take your pick from there.

Back