• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Do anyone remember the old good Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Isn't it sad that they just remade pokemon diamond and pearl? No gen 5+ pokemon, no mega, dynamax, z moves... I'd really prefer replaying platinum. Old and good. Do anyone agree with me?

Years
  • Isn't it sad that they just remade pokemon diamond and pearl? No gen 5+ pokemon, no mega, dynamax, z moves... I'd really prefer replaying platinum. Old and good. Do anyone agree with me?

Platinum's fine, but I see the worth in BDSP and I think they're fine games as well. And while they don't include a lot of things from Platinum they do make up for it with several new features, including: The Grand Underground, Super Contests, following Pokemon, newer QoL features like box access from anywhere in the game. Plus, the graphics look great and the chibi artstyle is very cute. If you want to replay Platinum, be my guest, but don't expect there to be gen 5+ pokemon, mega evolutions, dynamax, or z-moves... Those weren't in gen 4 either.

Also, I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue if megas, dynamax, and z-moves were all in the same game lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't miss Dynamax and Z moves at all, and I'm glad Megas are gone for the most part.

But yeah, in some ways I prefer Platinum. Biggest BDSP flaws for me are:
    -Using D/P Dex instead of the more complete Platinum Dex.
    -Forced Affection and Exp. Share. Affection bonuses ruin the game. At least in Kalos, Alola, and Galar there's an easy way to avoid them.

Other than that, I like the better graphics, faster battle engine, and the addition of Fairy type and new moves. I also appreciate how they gave important trainers held items and better move sets.

Years
  • I'd already prefer BDSP over Platinum simply because of some of the newer QoL features.

Kinda wish Sylveon was in it, since it was in ORAS too (although Eevee was postgame in both cases I think).
    Other than that I don't miss any of the gen 5+ pokemon.
    I've never really been into the gimmicks so I don't miss megas, dynamax, z moves or the Battle Frontier either.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Platinum had a more robust storyline, expanded Pokedex, and actual UP and DOWN buttons for the Poketch. It also had actual decorations for Secret Bases, and it DIDN'T have softlocking glitches in Candice's Gym. The Poketch didn't translate well to a single screen console and was really best suited for the dual screens of the DS handhelds.

Don't get me wrong, BD/SP are great games, but Platinum has the edge. BD/SP did make major improvements in game speed, graphics, and "most" QoL things, so credit for that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    Platinum was a way better game and it's lazy and unfortunate that GameFreak didn't decide to implement Platinum features like the Distortion World or Battle Frontier.

Years
  • I am definitely a little upset they chose not to bring some Platinum features over. Notably the better Pokétch, in Pt you have one button to go forward and one to go back, but BDSP brought over the inferior forward-only version from the originals. Wish we got some of the QoL features, as much as I enjoyed these games.

The decorations too! I really miss those and was sad to have confirmations that we would only have statues. :( Decorating a secret base was one of my favorite things from gen 3 and not skimping with that would have been incredible for me. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    BDSP has some really nice QoL features. However, I enjoy nuzlocking the main series games, and having the affection stuff and permanent Exp. Share completely ruins the experience for me. Also, I'm biased because I played Platinum in my childhood days, so I'd say I prefer Platinum ^^

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    BDSP has some really nice QoL features. However, I enjoy nuzlocking the main series games, and having the affection stuff and permanent Exp. Share completely ruins the experience for me.

Yeah, I didn't watch any BDSP Nuzlocke yet, but I was wondering how do Nuzlockers deal with this, especially in the late game. Seems like this game is just not suitable for nuzlocking, unless either your Pokémon happen to "die" before reaching enough affection or you have a cheat/mod to disable it... but then I guess that would lock players from getting friendship tied evos such as Crobat and Lucario.

Back