• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad EGG Removal in GBA

Amy May

Banned
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Bad EGG Removal in GBA

A "Bad EGG" is like a computer virus. If a Bad EGG ends up being a hatchable one, it will most likely corrupt your game if you try doing so. It can even corrupt your game just by simply having it in your party. I once had a Bad EGG that corruted my file just from opening it's summary page.

A "Bad EGG" can also be the direct cause to a certain bug, or any unexplained things happening in a game. Also, when I test certain games using cheat codes, I often intentionally make a "Bad EGG" just to try to sniff then snuff out a certain problem in the game.

The Only way to get rid of Bad EGG's in GBA ROM's is by using cheat codes.

- There are also other "ways" to manupulate cheats for Bad EGG removal.

- But, the Safest and Most Reliable way is by using the method below.

Thread Index:

* Fire Red Tutorial (w/ Leaf Green alternative)

* Ruby Tutorial-
    In Progress, still on the hunt for inject code safe and worthy enough of full testing. Plus need to add Sapphire (M) alternative to post formatting.

* Emerald Tutorial

Additional Info *Important*

- If this happened without using cheats:

Spoiler:

- If this happened through using cheats:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Bad EGG Removal in Fire Red (w/ LG Alternative)

How to Get Rid of Bad EGG
    in Fire Red

Hello There! ... I'm Amy. :)

I'm here to provide a step by step tutorial on how to remove that Bad EGG in your poke PC, in Fire Red (USA).

... and alternative Leaf Green (USA) ROM base.

Before proceeding with Bad EGG removal, make sure your character is located in town with a PokeCenter attached to a walking route number.

----------------------------------------------

*** IMPORTANT ***

If you're playing Fire Red base with
    *Any Johto Mapping Involved*

Ecruteak City... is a "Glitched City". As a safety precaution, *Don't* do Bad EGG Removal in this area at all.
    ----------------------------------------------

Pease keep in mind, the only Safe and Easy way to get rid of Bad EGG's in GBA ROM's is by using cheat codes, of this nature.
    Before using such codes, make sure they're compatible with the ROM base you're playing and NOT used in any random order. You can REALLY screw up your game for it!

I also recommend (if able) to create a back up of your current hard save file (usually .sav) and put elsewhere, best as a compressed zip file... just in case.

I'll provide everything you need for doing this in Fire Red USA ROM base.

*For Bad EGG removal in *Leaf Green USA* ROM base, use "Leaf Green Alternative" in spoiler.

Please Take Extreme Care Reading Instructions Before and After inputting Any codes!

You Will Need:
    .... I recommend using copy/paste function (if possible) to ensure codes are exact.

~ Master Code (M) for Fire Red USA

72BC6DFB E9CA5465
    A47FB2DC 1AF3CAB6

Leaf Green Alternative
    Spoiler:

Cheat Type- GameShark v3 (Action Replay)

~ 4.1 DMA Disable
    ** This code is necessary for many RAM modding codes, like the one below. Before using such codes, enable this code and enter a different area. This is to prevent game from crashing. **

8D671FD9 6F6BEFF2
    78DA95DF 44018CB4

~ 151- Mew in Box 1 Slot 1
    (This is a *Safe* generated inject code I use Myself, courtesy of Yahoo! Answers.)
    ** NOTE: This Code is Designed for Use With 4.1 DMA Disable Code!!! **

92260D64 28E61FC9
    71D615F6 B41C381B
    0D280703 38963967
    A4144E58 825677D8
    F161D5A4 48F9A2DB
    33484F68 A56E77E0
    D9942118 228420E7
    BBB261C7 60CA157C
    D9934C25 DC0AAFCF
    3E888B0F ECF35A34
    13F1DDB5 F92F747C
    5DF00218 A3A1FA5E
    E07CF65A 99C82988
    8B359280 96B97011
    F3C920F0 939FB45E
    4681C2C8 CAAFD263
    B74BFA2D 24733F53
    3354F609 3CB6AF8A
    1354C1C3 D10F24B0
    D93F2C31 16F87180

~ 1 junk Pokemon to sacrifice (optional)
    * If this is your first time, I Highly Recommend You Doing This. In any case though, I Still Recommend you doing this. It doesn't only ensure you do the process right, it also makes it so you can keep that Mew and it's guaranteed safe for gameplay aswell (with appropriate badge to level). My tutorial will be using this option. But if you don't want it, that Mew is also completely safe to release once process is finished.

Instructions:

1) Place Bad EGG in Box 1 Slot 1 and junk Pokemon in Box 1 Slot 3... with the rest of Box 1 empty.

2) Exit PokeCenter: Input "Master Code (M)" in emulator cheats menu. Make sure it's enabled.

3) Exit town: Input "4.1 DMA Disable" code in emulator cheats menu. Make sure it's enabled.

4) Return to town with Both codes enabled and return to PokeCenter.

5) While inside PokeCenter with 2 previous codes still enabled, stand in front of PC: Input "151- Mew in Box 1 Slot 1" code in emulator cheats menu. Make sure it's enabled.

6) Access PC with All 3 codes enabled then select "Move Pokemon" from PC menu options.

7) Move Mew in Slot 1 and switch it with junk Pokemon in Slot 3.

8) Scroll junk Pokemon to Slot 1 and switch it with "Invisible Mew" (in slot 1).

9) Release "Invisible Mew" then access slot 1 junk Pokemon's menu *Without* selecting anything.

NOTE: If you're scratching your head right now, because you see the junk Pokemon in Slot 1 (with open menu) but PC says that's a Mew... Don't worry, that's means you're doing it right! :D

10) At this point, open emulator cheats menu then Disable codes in the following order: Mew, DMA, M

11) Release junk pokemon.

12) Close PC then exit and re enter PokeCenter.

13) Access PC and select "Move Pokemon" from PC menu options, then scroll through PC Boxes *both* Forwards & Backwards.

* If you did this right, all that should be remaining in Box 1 now is Mew in Slot 3.

* At this point, if you decide you don't want Mew then release.

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Reserved for future Ruby Tutorial

~ reserved for future tutorial.

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Bad EGG Removal in Emerald

How to Get Rid of Bad EGG
    in Emerald

Hello There! ... I'm Amy. :)

I'm here to provide a step by step tutorial on how to remove that Bad EGG in your poke PC, in Emerald (USA).

Before proceeding with Bad EGG removal, make sure your character is located in town with a PokeCenter attached to a walking route number.

NOTE: If you have previously done "Bad EGG Removal Process" using FR/LG base in the past, the procedure for *Emerald ROM* base is a bit different.
    ~Keep That in Mind.

Please keep in mind, the only Safe and Easy way get rid of Bad EGG's in GBA ROM's is by using cheat codes, of this nature.
    Before using such codes, make sure they're compatible with the ROM base you're playing and NOT used in any random order. You can REALLY screw up your game for it!

I also recommend (if able) to create a back up of your current hard save file (usually .sav) and put elsewhere, best as a compressed zip file... just in case.

I'll provide everything you need for doing this in Emerald USA ROM base.

Please Take Extreme Care Reading Instructions Before and After inputting Any codes!

You Will Need:
    .... I recommend using copy/paste function (if possible) to ensure codes are exact.

~ Master Code (M) for Emerald USA

D8BAE4D9 4864DCE5
    A86CDBA5 19BA49B3

~ Anti-DMA
    ** This code is necessary for many RAM modding codes, like the one below. Before using such codes, enable this code and enter a different area. This is to prevent game from crashing. **

B2809E31 3CEF5320
    1C7B3231 B494738C

~ Shiny Surfing Pikachu (Box 1 Slot 1)
    *Emerald Compatible Only*
    (This is a *Safe* generated inject code I use Myself, courtesy of MegaGames.)
    ** NOTE: This Code is Designed for Use With Anti-DMA Code!!! **

68440875 1294F4C7
    E2702D51 7857D4A2
    5532444E FB0EC2C8
    104A2E42 2FC10729
    0ACA1C25 59581547
    5DE29DD6 0522808C
    4C85F805 D4D81161
    D1CA28FB 6A484B97
    7EC6BAF3 09913FD9
    86F5C1E5 7475D388
    C2E72EC2 DA050395
    A558CE58 6D635E8C
    9680E4DC A63ECE80
    8978D5E9 40201EC5
    4959B033 57A3BE6F
    CDA2757A 59D4E30F
    2F5E8D77 A6B7A47C
    09A2B831 C04D0404
    DB5D9FDC D75F0120
    33D21DC8 5880655F

NOTE:
    .. In Emerald base ROM's:
    As a precaution to prevent "soft-locking" game, you can't release last poke knowing either Surf or Fly.
    .. If Surfing Pikachu will be *Only* poke knowing HM-Surf... Please keep this in mind.

*To Recap-
    .. This Pikachu is guaranteed safe for game play with appropriate badge to level.
    .. But if you don't want it, plus have another Surf poke... This Pikachu is also completely safe to release once process is finished.

-Also... if you're observant, like Myself:
    You may be saying atm "Wtf, this chick giving me an inject for an Emerald (US) illegal surfing pika!"

-Answer:
    ....... Yes, I realize it's "Technically Illegal".
    ........ But, you're most likely playing a rom hack or emu rom anyway.
    ......... It's Epic!!!
    .......... So Just Deal With It. :P

Instructions:

1) Place Bad EGG in Box 1 Slot 1... with the rest of Box 1 empty.

2) Exit PokeCenter: Input "Master Code (M)" in emulator cheats menu. Make sure it's enabled.

3) Exit town: Input "Anti-DMA" code in emulator cheats menu. Make sure it's enabled.

4) Return to town with Both codes enabled and return to PokeCenter.

5) While inside PokeCenter with 2 previous codes still enabled, stand in front of PC: Input "Shiny Surfing Pikachu" code in emulator cheats menu. Make sure it's enabled.

6) Access PC with All 3 codes enabled then select "Move Pokemon" from PC menu options.

7) Move Pikachu in Slot 1 and place it in *Slot 3*.

8) Scroll to Slot 1 with "Invisible Pikachu" (in slot 1)... then Access It's Menu *Without* selecting anything.

NOTE: If you *Still See Absolutely Nothing* in Slot 1, but Still has opened menu, plus PC say that's a Pikachu... Don't worry, that means you're doing it Right! :D

9) At this point, open emulator cheats menu then Disable codes in the following order: Pika, DMA, M

10) Release "Invisible Pikachu".

11) Close PC then exit and re enter PokeCenter.

12) Access PC and select "Move Pokemon" from PC menu options, then scroll through PC Boxes *both* Forwards & Backwards.

* If you did this right, all that should be remaining in Box 1 now is Pikachu in Slot 3.

* At this point, if you don't want Pikachu plus have a Pokemon with Surf.. Then Release.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    When I know data decryption, I usually do it before play a new hack... except Decomp FireRed and CFRU hack, they already did decryption haha! (Anyway I have no idea why Decomp Emerald hack don't do decryption)
    What causes Bag Egg? Data modified, checksum don't match. But with data decryption, checksum is no longer be checked, so no more Bad Egg haha!

Last edited:
    Back