• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Fire Red Question

After beating the final four and defeating my rival how can i continue the game?
To travel to the islands and to do the rest of the things.Do i need to do something specific or to press a button.Cause after the credits it sends me back to starting screen
Edit:I play it on the computer(i thought I should mention)

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
You've done something wrong with the emulator, same happened with me.
This is because this message appeared before you stated playing the game:
"The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."

And, according to the Emulation FAQ...
Open up VisualBoyAdvance without loading any ROMs. Go to the "Options" menu and select "Emulator", "Save Type". Select "Automatic" and "Flash 128K" as your save type. Delete the save file associated to your ROM.

Yeah, you have to start again, buddy. Should've checked out the error first.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
You've done something wrong with the emulator, same happened with me.
This is because this message appeared before you stated playing the game:
"The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."

And, according to the Emulation FAQ...
Open up VisualBoyAdvance without loading any ROMs. Go to the "Options" menu and select "Emulator", "Save Type". Select "Automatic" and "Flash 128K" as your save type. Delete the save file associated to your ROM.

Yeah, you have to start again, buddy. Should've checked out the error first.

Ty,for the answer i've began again.I always have saved with the help of the emulator.Can you tell me what to do after i defeat the final 4 and the rival,cause i heard that you have to restart the game or do i have to press a button to skip the credits?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Ty,for the answer i've began again.I always have saved with the help of the emulator.Can you tell me what to do after i defeat the final 4 and the rival,cause i heard that you have to restart the game or do i have to press a button to skip the credits?
To skip the credits, don't save with the emulator, save the normal way and when the credits are rolling, close your emulator (without saving) and then restart it then the credits are skipped. (that works with GBA, dunno about emulators though)

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
To skip the credits, don't save with the emulator, save the normal way and when the credits are rolling, close your emulator (without saving) and then restart it then the credits are skipped. (that works with GBA, dunno about emulators though)

And will i be able to play from were i were?I mean i will get the national dex and the other thing after that?When must i save after the fight with the final 4?Or after the battle with my rival to continue playing

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Which scanner? If it's the Devon Scope, it's from Steven (I think) some little way past Fortree.

There's another scanner in the Abandoned Ship on that sea route between Dewford and Slateport.

yea I meant the one in the Abandoned Ship but I found it now thanks for your help

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Ok.I resolved the problem with the final 4 and rival and get to next stage of the game.
But how do i trade a pokemon that i want to evolve is there a tutorial video somewhere here?Cause i searched and didn't find any.
Ty for the future replyes

Years
For, Pokemon like Haunter you just trade it, and then, after the trade, they will evolve.
For Pokemon like Scyther it's the same, except that they have to hold their item - the metal coat in this case.

- - -

I'm pretty sure there was another way to get an Everstone in FRLG than getting one from a Geodude... Does anyone know where to get one?
forget this, I found it out by myself

edit: thanks anyways.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Guys don't tell me what to do right now,i will ask for your help.
But how do i trade?I'm playing on Pc with VBA Emulator.

Years
Between which versions?
For myself, when trading involves either Ruby or Sapphire, it always works for me. (not sure about what is when Emerald is involved, but between the two or one and either FR or LG (here you need to finish the Sevii Islands quest, which is annoying), it works). Just requires some patience sometimes, it often gets Errors.

There aren't much requirements to trade... In Settings, single computer has to be selected, and the Wireless Adapter has to be off.
I think, for trading without Ruby or Sapphire being one of the editions, Wireless Adapter has to be on, but no matter now much I tried, it didn't work for me yet...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
To add to the above, make sure you change the "Link Timeout in milliseconds" to a large value (mine is set at 99999). Otherwise it'll cancel on you if you don't make a keystroke in a period of time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Like i said a few posts up trading between FR and LG.
So i only need to finish some quest and modify that value to get it working?
That's all?
So when i trade a pokemon from FR to GlL it should evolve right?Don't worry i use the Serebi site so i know what pokemon's i want to evolve by trading.
Btw i must finish the same quest both in FR and LG?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
Is there an easy way to import the diamond and pearl and other NDS pokemon game tilesets into advance map.
I just want to re-tile pokemon fire red with the tiles found in the NDS games. Possibly add a few areas but i'll worry about that later once im done with the re-tile.
Cause the generic buildings, trees and grass could be soo much better.
Also plan on swapping the GBA hero character with the NDS sprite
I've seen a few tutorials on adding tilesets togather but i've tried mutliple times and it apears to always come out wrong. of there is a little white boreder around what i just added

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
Years
What can you say to the girl in Rustboro city that is funny? (The girl in her bed, in which her father asks you to tell him something funny to make her laugh)

If you know the answer, please PM it to me so I don't have to search through the thread >.>

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What can you say to the girl in Rustboro city that is funny? (The girl in her bed, in which her father asks you to tell him something funny to make her laugh)

Actually, it requires a secret password to create special wallpapers.

Use this site. Follow the instructions, customize your wallpaper's design/colors, and click generate secret word.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
for some reason, once i kill a pokemon during a trainer battle, it won't ask for me to switch to another pokemon.. it's happening to me on leaf green.. anyone know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back