• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
After defeating Champion Wallace and after the saving during the credits,I immediately turn off the game and guess what? The stupid cartridge said:

"The file has been deleted due to corruption or damage.........The game can be played."

Help! The same thing keeps happening even after 2-3 yrs of playing it and after buying a new and more "legal" copy! When I did the same thing with my Ruby version it didn't delete the file! Help!
yes it´s a fake cartridge, that mean that the guy who made this "copy" only put in it half game, and when you finish the e4 the game crashes because there´s no more game
sorry pal but it´s a risk buy something that don´t be new or that have warranty

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Hello, I just joined this community and I have a Pokemon Crystal question. My thread asking it was locked because it is preferred that use here, sorry I am new I didn't know.

Anyway...
I was just checking up on my Crystal today for the first time in a long time. And I really like my game but I no longer like my character name. Is there any way, a gameshark code or cheat of some kind I can use to change my character name?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not sure about it, but there might be. Also, use the Metal and Color Generation SQ&A thread next time. :| Crystal isn't an advanced generation game.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
I am so sorry I just realized now upon intending to check on my answer, that I clicked the wrong question thread. ><

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
In Pokemon Ruby, can you only get one Deepsea tooth/scale? Basically are they like the fossils?

If so this is going to be frustrating to fill my pokedex.........

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I'm afraid so. Once you give Captain Stern the Scanner you get to choose one of the two items. The only way to get the other is by trading.

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
Years
No. There is only 1 roamer in each of the Gen III games.
Ruby: Latios
Sapphire: Latias
FireRed and LeafGreen: Entei if starter is Bulbasaur, Suicune if starter is Charmander, Raikou if starter is Squirtle
Emerald: Choice of Latias or Latios after beating Elite Four (and Champion)

that is exceedingly good news. i'll probably just use the master ball, then, and stock up on ultra balls for the normal legendaries.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Quagsire's ability, damp, prevents self-destruction. What does it exactly do, like prevent fainting from hurting itself in confusion?

Myles

Seriously?
Years
It prevents any Pokemon in battle from using the moves Selfdestruct or Explosion. The ability Aftermath will also not work.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
What happens if I catch all the unown types in leaf green? I know there's 28 kinds, just not what happens if I do.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
I'm trying to breed an elekid with ice punch. I have a hitmonchan with ice punch, and a female electabuzz. The day-care man says the two don't seem to like eachother much. I know this means they're compatible, but is there a way to tell how long/many steps until an egg is made?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I'm trying to breed an elekid with ice punch. I have a hitmonchan with ice punch, and a female electabuzz. The day-care man says the two don't seem to like eachother much. I know this means they're compatible, but is there a way to tell how long/many steps until an egg is made?
You have a chance of getting an egg after 256 steps. About 20%, meaning that, in theory, you'd get one egg every 1280 steps. However, that's in theory. In practice, you could get it at the earliest possible time, or it could take you many many. And it's not a 100% chance to get the move passed down, either. All in all, it could take you over 9000 steps to get the Elekid you want, or it could take you a few thousand. It's just down to luck, really.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Thanks for clearing that up. Though it did work out, after about 10 minutes of solid biking around kanto I got an egg. And it hatched an elekid that knew ice punch.

Years
I need to know if i need a new Ruby copy,Internal Battery or Memory Backup I can't post the URL,but on Youtube go to BOOST15673's channel and find the video "Pokémon Ruby Bad Problem!"

The Red Chain

[jq]I need to know if i need a new Ruby copy,Internal Battery[/jq]

I personally suggest getting a new Ruby all together.
Internal Battery replacing is a delicate process and you could easily mess your game up for good if you don't do it correctly..

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
What does the term "meta game" refer too?
Can pokemon get EV's if they have exp share on, but don't actually fight?

Years
The term "meta game" refers to the rules and mindset that goes beyond the things taught by the game itself. The Pokemon metagame involves IVs, EV spreads, complex movesets, proper use of held items, natures, knowing when to switch, knowing what attack to use when, etc. It's like playing a game competitively. That's my take on it, anyway.

Pokemon will gain EVs when they are holding the exp. share even though they didn't battle.

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
Okay thanks :)

So if I give a pokemon a exp share, and i have him jsut get ev's that way, does he get half as much? or will like he and the lead poke both get an EV.

Like say I killed a Zubat, would both pokes get 1 EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back