• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Damn it, missed day 4 xD This is probably going to happen a lot in this challenge:
    Day 4: A song that makes you sad.

I just discovered that this is actually a cover, not Peter Gabriel's actual song. Anyway, in Series 8 of Scrubs (the final 'true' series), this is the song they played when JD imagined his future, and it was awesome. That's where I first heard it, anyway- not that that's why the song makes me sad, but I dunno. It's a great song but there are times I can't even listen to it if it comes on to Shuffle, and have to skip. I can't really explain it but it just makes me feel a bit blue when listening to it, haha.
    Day 5: A song that reminds you of someone.

I generally like 'Love the Way You Lie', but Part 2 in particular reminds me of someone I know whenever I hear it, because I used to play it while she sang it (amongst others, this one was just our favourite to do). So yep. :3

I'm beginning to think that there are some songs that'd easily fit more than one category for me, but I guess I'll face that when those categories come up xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Day 4 - A song that makes you sad.

"Remains" by Maurissa Tancharoen

This was a song made especially for "Epitaph One", the Season 1 finale of Joss Whedon's short-lived masterpiece Dollhouse. The episode went 10 years into the future to 2019 and showed the apocalypse the Dollhouse technology had brought upon the world. If you were invested in the show it's a really heartbreaking episode in more ways than one and this song played at the very end as the people who are left are escaping the Dollhouse to see the world it's created.

It makes me really sad because a) it makes me remember the episode and b) it makes me remember that Dollhouse ended way before its time and potential :(

Also Leafy don't get mad at me for posting late like this, I'm only doing it because I have nothing for Day 5 :(

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Day 03 - A Song That Makes You Happy

[Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ by Noriko Matsueda & Takahito Eguchi]
    Spoiler:

This actually makes me feel a mix of emotions, but I think they lean more towards happy than sad. It's kind of like a happy-after-sad feeling, I suppose? Also, this is one of absolute favorite soundtracks ever. I've listened to this so so many times, and it's made me believe that music doesn't always need words to make you feel something. Also, I soooo want to learn how to play this on piano; I can already play it on guitar, but still. ;;

.​

Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad

[New American Classic by Taking Back Sunday]
    Spoiler:

"You try to avoid it, but there's not a doubt.
    And there's one thing I can do nothing about."

Okay, I don't listen to Taking Back Sunday often, but this just has to be their best track ever. This was the first song to come to mind when I thought of 'sad', lol. Regardless, this is a very expressive song entwined with beautiful melodic musicianship. The lyrics are great, and this truly does give me an emotional vibe.

.​

Day 05 - A Song That Reminds You of Someone

[Alexithymia by Anberlin]
    Spoiler:

"There's more to living than being alive."

First off, I really like the song title - 'alexithymia' is a really intriguing word, and its definition is more or less the same. The song is great too. Ironically, this song reminds me of the person who first introduced me to Anberlin and consequently, this song - Alexithymia~. Whenever I listen to this song, I am inevitably reminded of her. The first person on PC I got around to knowing "well", and she's a great person. This may sound like a pretty vague reason, but yeah. She also introduced me to Enter Shikari, so I love her, lol.

I'll try to be faster next time. ;w;

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Day 1 - Your Favourite Song
    My choice, without a doubt, has to be a song that is underrated in my eyes... Johnny The Horse by Madness, due to the story behind it, and it sounds a bit happy but also kinda sad... It's a great song...

Day 2 - Your Least Favourite Song
    Don't criticise me for this, and I promise that I don't particularly hate it, but it's Bob Marley's Don't Worry Be Happy. Whenever someone mentions reggae, most people think of Bob and this song, and to me it is just a bit overrated when there are loads of better songs by him and by others that are overlooked.

Day 3 - A Song that Makes you Happy
    The Aquabats
    . In general anyway, but if I had to choose one song of theirs, I'd chose Super Rad. Such a strange song, yet so uplifting, and so hyper. It's like a little kid with ADHD after an immense amount of sugar.

Day 4 - A Song That Makes You Sad
    This kinda ties in to Day 5, but for the sake of different songs, I'll put it here and do another one for there. NW5 by Madness, as it has sentimental values as it was used for my dad's funeral, and the words made an impact on me both before and after, as it means things to different people. It's not the sad that is particularly bad, it's the sad that can help you move on and open you up to people.

Day 5 - A Song That Reminds You Of Someone
    I was tempted to put another Madness song, but I may actually have one that fits more here. Where Have You Been by Reel Big Fish for semi obvious reasons. Just a friend of mine that assumes that if you part on bad words, you can meet up and pretend nothing is wrong and that everything is nice and cheery.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 5 - Song That Reminds You Of Someone

Civilian - Wye Oak

I guess it only reminds me of them cause it was probably one of the last songs they sent me. I listen to it to remind me of them, if that makes sense. It makes me sad though, so idk why I do. Truth be told, almost every song I listen to reminds me of them in some way, but I picked this one because...well I already explained. Haha.

Last edited:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Day 5 - A Song that Reminds You of Someone

Highway to the Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins

This song reminds me of my cousin, who is always a bit of speed demon, taking the "highway to the danger zone". (Eh, this sounded better in my head...)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ~

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere.

I Don't Like It - Pauline Pantsdown

Probably the best song in the world ever. The place it reminds me of is actually PokéCommunity - back in my early days here, I'd regular Spectrum's Minecraft server with, if memory serves, *firestar*, ~Kawaii~, Arcanine, Spectrum and Signomi and one time I someone (I think it was Andy) just put this on in the background. INSTANT. LEGEND. SONG. And from then, a lot of the time when I'm on PC, I'll be thinking of this.

...yeah I'm odd.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Day 6 - A song that reminds you of somewhere.

This doesn't have to be a real place, right?

Paris Sketches - Martin Ellerby

Yaaaaay obviously you guys can tell where this reminds me of, right? PARIS. Although a made-up Paris, doesn't really exist. I've checked on Wikipedia.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Day 6 - A song that reminds of somewhere

Sacrifice - Go Ichinose

It gives me a sense of nostalgia of before I moved. My old home was where I first heard this song. I could name many other songs that remind me of somewhere, but this one is etched in my memory. Video game songs just seem to play an important role in my life.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Day 02 sucks, so I skipped it. Then I just decided to do the rest of the days at once.

Day 01 - Your favourite song.

Arizona - Kings of Leon
    This is my all-time favorite song and it always will be, I think. It's hard to listen to sometimes because it reminds me of her. I still think about her every day and miss her. This is still our song. I love her more than anything in this world and this song kind of mashes all my emotions for her together and spits them back at me.

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy.

Midnight City - M83
    This is the easiest song to relax and calm down to. If I'm ever upset or stressed out, I just put this on and the whole thing makes me feel at peace. Especially the saxophone solo at the end. It's just great.

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad.

I Miss You - blink-182
    I love this song, but it still makes me sad. I feel like some emo kid writing this stuff, but it's directed at the same person from Day 01.

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone.

Pickup Truck - Kings of Leon
    This is another song that her and I love. It's hard to listen to still. :/ I don't even play it anymore or else I feel so lonely for her and I guess I think it doesn't matter anymore... to me, it does.

And you know I'm the one, that you won't forget

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Day 04 - A song that makes you sad.
    Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone.

This song makes me sad and reminds me of someone at the same time. Don't feel up to explaining it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 6 - Song That Reminds You Of Somewhere

Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon

OKAY. So I don't travel a lot honestly, nor do I really like to. I picked this one because it reminds me of when I'd ride the bus in high school and listen to my iPod. I'd just stare out the window and think of things I wanted to change in my life and think of certain people. So...this song reminds me more of a time than a place (but the bus totally counts js), but who says a time can't be a place? Just accept that I am a hermit, please. And no, I don't think about sex on a bus.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Day 6 - A song that reminds you of somewhere

Tyler the Creator - Yonkers

While I was on tour with this concert band last year, my friend and I found this place near our stay where we'd sit and listen to Tyler. This song came up often, and it's great.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Day 6 - The Song that Reminds you of Somewhere
    A more challenging on, as I rarely link songs and locations, but I do link The Jam's Town Called Malice to the town I live in, because it describes life in such a town so well, really...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Day 6 - A Song that Reminds you of Somewhere

"Smooth" - Santana feat. Rob Thomas

In high school, each year for Term 3 in PE we did dancing. Each year we had to learn a different ballroom dance and then we had to perform it in the final week. In Year 9 the dance was the cha cha. I loved the dancing classes because I was half-way decent at it and we didn't have to get changed into our PE uniforms to do it, so it was the only term I actually didn't mind participating.

So yeah, we were learning the cha cha for 6 weeks and every week we would spend an hour doing the steps alternating on a loop between this song and "Sex Bomb". So now to this day, every single time I hear this song it transports me immediately back to the school hall lmao

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Day 6 - A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

Yep, Glee. I'm cool. But yeah, every day driving to school senior year me and two of my friends would listen to Glee stuff on the way to school, and this song was always my favorite (because Lea Michele's voice is orgasmic). Every time I hear it I feel like it's 7 AM, 2 years ago.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere

Devil in a Midnight Mass - Billy Talent
    This song, and all songs by the band, remind me of my sophomore year summer. I know "somewhere" is a time, in this case, but I couldn't think of anything more fitting than this since the songs always put me back there.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ok next

~

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.

Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

It was a bit hard to pick this one for me because most events are things I associate with people, but this'll do. I first picked up my own guitar on my 7th birthday and immediately decided that I wanted to learn how to play ALL the songs. Starting with this one. I remember I wouldn't put the goddamn thing down until I could play it which, fortunately, didn't take all that long. But yeah - first song I learned to play on the guitar. Or at least parts of it anyway.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Day 7 - A song that reminds you of a certain event

So this past year, I learned to play guitar. With the whole Acoustic Friday thing mentioned somewhere earlier my friends told me I could sing. I still don't think I have a good voice Me and my two friends had been doing open mic nights, but I had never sang at one. My friend told me I was singing this time. This was the song. It's just attached to the night where we were on the outdoor stage at the open mic night, me crapping my pants and nervous as hell, and where I sang in front of actual people for the first time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back