• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Now... let's assume your VBA settings are correct. What happens if you try to save while playing a clean ROM?

You might want to try A-Trainer.

Simply because the sound has nothing to do with the actual movement. If you checked Oak's script, you would have noticed there's a sound 0x15 command right before the exclamation mark movement is executed.
It says correctly with a normal rom. But its fine I just copied all scripts to a clean rom and Iva also done some titlescreen editing and stuff so its better than before :)

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
Years
For some reason I can't use the bike in any of the new maps I've made. I made sure that their types were set to Village/City/Route/etc, and I've even gone as far as to make the header of one of my towns identical to that of Viridian City (where the bike works), but still no luck. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
hello i was wondering how i can create new trainer data from scratch

thanks!

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread im new!)

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
hello i was wondering how i can create new trainer data from scratch

thanks!

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread im new!)

I would recommended going to HackMew's Toolbox (The Toolbox Sub-Forum) and download A-Trainer to "make" your own trainers.

~Septile

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
What is good Move changing tool in FR/LG? Pro Move Editor doesn't work for me.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
You've been here for over six months and your first post is asking for help. Before asking for people's help you got to get acquainted to the community. Otherwise people won't help because they will think that your just here for yourself.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
What would I need to do to increase the possibility of encountering a shiny Pokemon?
A level script with a random Shinyzer variable is my plan B

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
You know how when you go into the Pokemon Mart for the first time, he tells you to deliver Oak's Parcel? Can anyone tell me how (or script <_<) to start a script right when you walk in? Thanks.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
You know how when you go into the Pokemon Mart for the first time, he tells you to deliver Oak's Parcel? Can anyone tell me how (or script <_<) to start a script right when you walk in? Thanks.
That would be a level script. Cooley has a great tutorial for these here. Not giving out scripts, though. I suppose that you have covered the basic parts of scripting in order to move on to that...

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, some quick questions:
1. The important one: What is the applymovement value for the vs. seeker pose? You know, where the trainer raises one hand?
2. Semi-important: Is there an applymovement to make the sprite shiver slightly? I don't think so, but might as well ask :\
3. Unimportant: Do I need to give a tile a special behavior byte for a sign script to work?
4. Ludicrously unimportant: How exactly do the Strength scripts work? Does setflag 0x805 allow you to move boulders? And if it does, how does the flag reset everytime you leave the map?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
What would I need to do to increase the possibility of encountering a shiny Pokemon?
A level script with a random Shinyzer variable is my plan B

Plan B then.

Okay, some quick questions:
1. The important one: What is the applymovement value for the vs. seeker pose? You know, where the trainer raises one hand?
2. Semi-important: Is there an applymovement to make the sprite shiver slightly? I don't think so, but might as well ask :\
3. Unimportant: Do I need to give a tile a special behavior byte for a sign script to work?
4. Ludicrously unimportant: How exactly do the Strength scripts work? Does setflag 0x805 allow you to move boulders? And if it does, how does the flag reset everytime you leave the map?

1. There's no way to mimic the VS Seeker pose using applymovement AFAIK.
2. There is none; the closest you can get is walking in place, I guess.
3. I think there's no need to have a special behavior byte.
4. Yes, that's the flag. I'm pretty sure the flag resetting is done through some ASM routines.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Needs some help here. I edited or well pasted my back sprite over the original and edited the colors to my liking as seen here:

Now I save it but inside the game it comes out like this:

As you can see its not like I wanted it. I don't know what I did wrong. Could someone help?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Needs some help here. I edited or well pasted my back sprite over the original and edited the colors to my liking as seen here:

Now I save it but inside the game it comes out like this:

As you can see its not like I wanted it. I don't know what I did wrong. Could someone help?

Again, it's a palette problem, meaning the image palette does not match the palette ordering in-game.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well I'm a bit confused. Can you explain further? I didn't move any palettes around instead I edited the colors that weren't on my sprite.

It's easier than it seems. See the palette you can see in TileMolester? Good. Now, make sure it's the same in the ROM. That's it.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
It's easier than it seems. See the palette you can see in TileMolester? Good. Now, make sure it's the same in the ROM. That's it.
Oh well you see, I took all the colors from YM in edited the palettes in APE. I copied all 16 colors from TM to APE in other words the palette table from both TM and APE were the same but in-game it looked horrible so I changed the APE table to normal. It's strange though but when I worked on backsprite the first time things came out fine now it doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back