• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I know it was, just saying.
And I never even see the trial message, since it doesn't pop up ever. (Especially when all you do is right-click extract a compressed file, it only pop's up when I open WinRAR itself)

Oh, well. Everyone's free to use whatever he/she please anyway :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Code:
#dynamic 0x8002D3

#org @herecomesgrowly
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0xFF @getit
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x06 @getit2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
givepokemon 58 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @2 0x4
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
clearflag 0x200
applymovement 0x06 @getit3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x06 @getit4
setflag 0x92
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @getit
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @getit2
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0xFE

#org @getit3
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

#org @getit4
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Hey, man!\nI'm glad I finally caught up with\nyou!\p(Huff...puff)\pYou forgot your Growlithe on the\nship!\p....

#org @2
= \v\h01, you received Growly from\nan annoying sailor!

#org @3
= Okay....\nWhy are you staring at me like\lthat?\p....\pYou're way creepy man!
Can anyone help me find the problem in this script? Whenever I step on the script tile it sets off a script I compiled a long time ago. I checked the offset, the 0300 and 4050 thing. So what could it be?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Code:
#dynamic 0x8002D3

#org @herecomesgrowly
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0xFF @getit
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x06 @getit2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
givepokemon 58 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @2 0x4
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
clearflag 0x200
applymovement 0x06 @getit3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x06 @getit4
setflag 0x92
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @getit
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @getit2
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0xFE

#org @getit3
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

#org @getit4
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Hey, man!\nI'm glad I finally caught up with\nyou!\p(Huff...puff)\pYou forgot your Growlithe on the\nship!\p....

#org @2
= \v\h01, you received Growly from\nan annoying sailor!

#org @3
= Okay....\nWhy are you staring at me like\lthat?\p....\pYou're way creepy man!
Can anyone help me find the problem in this script? Whenever I step on the script tile it sets off a script I compiled a long time ago. I checked the offset, the 0300 and 4050 thing. So what could it be?

Setting the dynamic won't compile it to that particular script - it will compile it to the next available free space from that point forward. So if you used 0x8002D3 in the past, it is probably finding free space somewhere else, which you'd have to copy from the Log. Well, I think that could be the problem, anyway.

And if you're using 0x4050 for the var number of your script, you should probably have "setvar 0x4050 0x1" in the script as well, so it won't freeze.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Setting the dynamic won't compile it to that particular script - it will compile it to the next available free space from that point forward. So if you used 0x8002D3 in the past, it is probably finding free space somewhere else, which you'd have to copy from the Log. Well, I think that could be the problem, anyway.

And if you're using 0x4050 for the var number of your script, you should probably have "setvar 0x4050 0x1" in the script as well, so it won't freeze.
Yup, that was the problem! :)
Thanks man!

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years

Distorted how? Which ROM are you using, and please upload a picture.

Sounds like you placed a tile over a place that needs to be blank for Door Animations in Block Editor. Cannot really tell unless you show a picture of the distortion.

It's the bottom right corner of the Tower.

Good:
pokemonfireredgba1.png

Pokecenter:
pokemonfireredgba2.png

Bad:
pokemonfireredgba3.png

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Does anyone know how to change trainer titles? I know there is a text box in advance trainer that lets you type in a new trainer name, but it doesn't work.

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
Years

Hey its light her ;D
My question is that is it possible for a tool that changes the path the you and oak take to lab at the start of fire red?
Like you draw a path on your map and save and it will do that in the game..?

Please answer ;D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
It's the bottom right corner of the Tower.

Good:
pokemonfireredgba1.png

Pokecenter:
pokemonfireredgba2.png

Bad:
pokemonfireredgba3.png

Right, where was it inserted in Block Editor? From experience, of using the bottom right corner of the tileset, there is an area where the Door Animation data is kept (normally in a size of 8x32 in the bottom right corner). The tiles must have been placed over that.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
So I just move the tiles on the tileset?

All fixed. Thanks a bunch Deviation!

Last edited:

lilJburroughs

Ambitious Hacker
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Does anyone know of a script to make it so you have no option as to gender (have to play as boy) in fire red?
I'm using advance map and pokescript.
Or perhaps there's a way to just write a script that freezes the game or the player's movements eary on if the female gender is selected?
I suppose it doesn't matter really, just as long as they have to be a boy to play through.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Does anyone know of a script to make it so you have no option as to gender (have to play as boy) in fire red?
Or perhaps there's a way to just write a script that freezes the game or the player's movements eary on if the female gender is selected?
I suppose it doesn't matter really, just as long as they have to be a boy to play through.

If you want to remove the gender choice, scripting is not what you're looking for. ASM is what you actually need.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years

If you want to remove the gender choice, scripting is not what you're looking for. ASM is what you actually need.
Yeah, as far as removing the other option goes. However, on an easier solution, you could set both gender to be boys, and simultaneously add a clothing variation the 'second boy'. Well, at least that's what I did on my hack. All you have to do is change the sprites and the corresponding names :)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yeah, as far as removing the other option goes. However, on an easier solution, you could set both gender to be boys, and simultaneously add a clothing variation the 'second boy'. Well, at least that's what I did on my hack. All you have to do is change the sprites and the corresponding names :)

Yeah, I guess. But having 2 boys is a bit weird... However, if you really want to change the sprites, then you would be better changing the pointers instead. So both male and female would point to the same sprites etc. That includes back sprites, the bag and more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back