• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Travelers' Guild

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The Travelers' Guild
    [a id]intro0[/a id][alink id="plot1"]Plot[/alink id] | [alink id="boss2"]Adventurers[/alink id] | [alink id="dates3"]About[/alink id] | [alink id="rule4"]Rules[/alink id] | [alink id="app5"]Guild Members[/alink id]

A Backstory​

The Adventurers in this humble guild have many different personal goals and dreams, but everyone has a shared dream, to travel all over the world in search of the world's beauty. They seek wisdom, and different kinds of treasure. Will they rise above the challenges and obstacles in their path? This is a journey for all.​
    [a id]plot1[/a id]
    Our Club​

Welcome everyone, to the Travelers' Guild! This is a club for those of you who are interested in different real world cities, towns, countries... and the love to travel in general. As the name implies, we'll be chatting about all sorts of travels and a bunch of different places in general in terms of anything you can think of: culture, cuisine, landmarks, etc, etc.

If you join this club, you'll be registered as an official adventurer, one who has a desire to have all sorts of fun adventures, or in search of the treasure from the places that hold them! There will be all sorts of fun activities and subjects to do in this guild, even including the chance to win some fun prizes! So, to all those enter, I encourage you all to be as active as you can be, and have a look at what we have to offer for you!​

[alink id="intro0"]
    [/alink id]
    [a id]boss2[/a id]
    You, an Adventurer​

Adventurers are tasked with all sorts of different roles and jobs for their lifestyle. As an adventurer, there will be many things for you to do in this guild. Not only will we be chatting, but there will be optional stuff for you to do! Not only that, adventurers are ranked based on their travel experience, and their participation upon this guild.The ranks are as followed:

D Class adventurers are basically for anyone who first joins up. Basic beginners.

C Class are the first rank above the D Class. The more active adventurers can get this rank in time.

B Class are next.

A Class are those who go up and above.

and finally, S Class adventurers are only rewarded for the most enthusiastic and hard-working adventurers!​
    [a id]rule4[/a id]
    GUILD CODE OF CONDUCT​

I. All of the Pokecommunity and Club Rules apply!
    This is pretty much given, but please remember to follow the forums, and this board's rules while posting in this club. If you're unsure about the rules, please speak to a moderator.​

II. Respect authority, and respect your peers.
    Please avert actively provoking conflict and remember to be civil. Cooperation is essential for collaboration!​

[alink id="intro0"]
    [/alink id]
    [a id]app5[/a id]
    THE GUILD MEMBERS​

Name: Dragon
    Roles: Guild Owner & Overseer

The Travelers' Guild

[alink id="intro0"]
    [/alink id]

Guild Quests *optional​

There will be guild quests posted here, for anyone to do! These are completely optional, but if you complete them, you will get awards, or other surprises!​

Quest Given by: Dragon
    Date:15/12/2019
    Topic: A topic question!

If you can travel to any place anywhere in the world, where would you travel to, and why?

Reward:
    The Travelers' Guild

Quest Given by: Dragon
    Date:15/12/2019
    Topic: Wanna sign up for a role?

Adventurers can have specific tasks to perform in this guild. I'll oversee everything, but if you want to help with a specific role, all you have to do is express your interest! Here are the roles:

Navigator: Can help the guild by helping creating new quests, or events in general.

Astral Mage: For those who want to help with particular CSS or digital/hand-drawn art work!

Treasurer: For those who want to help supply event prizes.

Oracle: This is a special role, to help create story-line events for this guild! More details on the way.

Reward: A New title with your adventurer name, and special bonuses depending on your chosen role!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • This club is now live! Just so you guys know, there's no sign up sheets or anything, all you gotta do is just express your interest if you want in. Mmkay?

Now, to answer the topic question for the first quest: If you can travel to any place anywhere in the world, where would you travel to, and why?

I always wanted to travel to Japan because I've been always been fascinated by its culture and the things to see and do there. Though ideally I don't really wanna head out alone as it's always better having company for your travels, I think. Other than that, some places like China, Germany, Russia and Australia has caught my fancy too. There's more to list than that, but those were at the top of my head for now~

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I actually am interested in joining this lovely club, if it's still operating.

If I were to travel anywhere in the world, I would venture to Tokyo, Japan. It's a sprawling metropolis rich with culture. Not only that, but it's a major global center for fashion and art, two things I absolutely adore. Moreover, Japan is a place I've always dreamed of visiting, as the culture is so alluring. I also do love anime, and visiting the place that originated anime would be a dream come true.

The Travelers' Guild

From the cherry blossoms, to the Shinto temples, Tokyo is a vivacious city just waiting to be discovered! I've been saving up to go for quite some time now and within the next year I'll be able to make it happen.

Years
  • Let's get this really cool club off of the ground, and going!

There are far more places to go then I could even think of. I'm usually down for traveling anywhere.

I love the fashion, art, food and literature of Japan. I want to experience this majestic culture, the theater, the palaces, festivals and most of all the religion. I am interested in Shintoism as well as Buddhism, and want to see the temples of another culture.

Greece and Egypt are also places that I would like to venture to with my passion for mythology, history and architecture. There you can behold the wonders of the ancient world like the pyramids and the colossus of Rhodes.

I have also wanted to see Lake Bakail in Russia for years. I am falling love with the beauty of the east Orthodox and the country's castle and the it's imposing majesty.

Morocco is another place of medieval cities, beautiful artwork, mosques, ruins, carpets and color that I don't think I could resist. I should like to take a camel trek, and also see the country's waterfalls.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    This looks like a really interesting idea. So where would I like to go?

My number 1 dream destination has got to be Iceland:
    I've been infatuated with it for a couple of years now. From snow-capped volcanoes, charm of Reykjavik, viking cultural heritage, unique bird fauna, the Flatey archipelago in the northwest to the vast tundra-plains and running streams ending in huge mudflats in the south... it's such a serene place and mystical place. I would never want to live there though, I don't think I'd be able to handle the huge daylight length fluctuations over the year. Did you know that on the longest day in the year, sun doesn't even set properly in Reykjavik? The sunset comes, but instead of evening, the sunrise begins afterwards.

My number 2 destination is Okinawa:
    If there's anything I can thank the dumpster fire that is Blood+ for, it's bringing my attention to the beauty of Okinawa. First through the mention of Yanbaru Kuina, an endemic and critically endangered species of rail that can be found in the Yanbaru forest in the island's north. From that, I started researching okinawan wildlife in general, which soon led me to island's geography. From mountain forests, beautiful clean beaches, coral reefs and a random mangrove swamp, it's surprisingly diverse. My wish to visit it only became stronger once I learned that Ever Grande is based on Okinawa, and the Pokemon league itself on the Shuri castle. This was the first Pokemon league I have ever conquered and if I were to ever go there, I'd buy the plushies of my first Pokemon team ever in preparation for the trip and take a picture with them there, sort of like a real life Hall of Fame.

There are some other destinations, like the Hebrides and the Canary islands, mostly because of the nature and wildlife of these places.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Welcome, you three, and so sorry about the late reply! Your awards and your application for the club are approved!

Now, as new travellers, what would you say to a little challenge?

Describe your homeland. What are the most memorable and interesting things about where you live in?

Also, we're still looking for helpers for the club job listings in the opening post! However, I will be introducing more job titles (for flavour and fun) soon!

Back