• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] [Pokeemerald] Double Battle Cloning Glitch

Jessler

PidgeyFox
Years
  • As I'm sure other people have already noticed, if you enter a forced double battle with only one Pokemon in your party the game will send out a copy of your pokemon so you and the opponent both have two (rather than just putting you at a disadvantage). I'd like to change this, and I'm not exactly sure where to start. Has anyone made progress on this and/or fixed it?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • As I'm sure other people have already noticed, if you enter a forced double battle with only one Pokemon in your party the game will send out a copy of your pokemon so you and the opponent both have two (rather than just putting you at a disadvantage). I'd like to change this, and I'm not exactly sure where to start. Has anyone made progress on this and/or fixed it?
    Not exactly a fix, but if you're using the Pokeemerald-expansion's battle_engine, there's an open PR that will allow to start double battles with 1 Pokémon when merged.
    https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion/pull/1538

Once that PR is merged and you pull the battle_engine branch into your project, you will be able to remove or skip checking the Player's party size in an NPC trainer's script and just start double battles normally.
    If you don't want to wait, or if you're not using the battle_engine in your project, you can still take cues frrom that PR or incorporate the code changes present in it manually.

Jessler

PidgeyFox
    Years
  • With as often as you help me I feel like you might as well be making my hack for me haha, thanks! I'll be sure to check it out!

Back